To kind of go along with the perfect storm concept, this next game or two is going to be telling

favre95

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I don't post often, I am a lurker. But, I more or less want to type my thoughts out to people that care about the Pack and football as much as me. That being said...

This week has been a tough pill to swallow...for me anyway. As some people that I know are Colts fans and despise the Packers for some reason. I try to let our play do the talking and try not to spout off or trash talk to them or any friends that are fans of other teams...(except Bears fans :) ). I really have learned it is much sweeter to let them sulk in their own arrogance than have me have to do it. But, to say the least, I wanted to beat the Colts.

After a week of slowly coming out of bitter thought, my head is starting to clear and ready to move on. Let me preface this by saying that, I am not a football mind by any means. I completely enjoy football and learning about it, as I never had the opportunity to play in high school as our school didn't have a team. I have played sports all my life, just not a ton of football. So I have to learn on the fly. I often have a friend that was drafted by the Pack back in the Lombardi years sitting next to me watching the games, who is a HS and college official too. Helping me learn the finer points of the game.

(Here is the link to my friend, round 16 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Green_Bay_Packers_season )

But to me, while I don't want to completely say the parallels to the 2010 season are there, the fact is this season is closely resembling it. This team needs to find resolve at the current moment, like we did after the Skins and Phins losses that year. I thought they were kind of finding it after the Saints game, but obviously not. We have hit bottom, IMO, after the Colts game. There was a perfect storm of injury, playing flat and without heart, crappy special teams play, and poor coaching.

If you do any studying on group dynamics you'll find that most of the time that there is a deep lull or breakdown in "teamwork" or just the group as a whole not getting along with each other, about a 1/3 of the way through a given period of time. Which is very apparent at the current time. I'm not one that believes a whole lot into the psychology of things. But, this team needs to find its collective bearings and become aggressive. When I say this, it means players and coaches alike. We didn't win the SB, by being passive which we are now IMO, mainly on defense. I know we don't have Jenkins and Collins anymore. But, I'd personally rather get beat trying to be aggressive than passive.

Offensively, this team needs to find its mojo. Our line needs to come together as a unit and learn each others strengths and weaknesses, the receiveing corp needs to hold onto the ball, and Rodger's needs to get timing back in his head. Whether it be to throw the ball or when to scramble, both aspects seem to be off right now. Also, certain people just need to shut their trap too. Nothing will pull a group apart more than when you have a bad apple, which was very apparent in the SB run with him not in the mix.

Overall, I really believe the blame goes everywhere, not just in one place. I didn't even touch on ST, as Crosby was awful. But, ST overall has been our strong point for the most part this season IMO. This team is close to putting it together, IMO, but they need to learn resolve and overcome adversity. This game against the Texans could go a long way to either bolster or degrade our confidence. There is a lot of season left, but, we are getting to the point where they have to start coming together collectively. The next rough week and a half is enough to tell me what kind of team we've have.

I hope there was some very serious talk behind the doors of 1265 this week.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you do any studying on group dynamics you'll find that most of the time that there is a deep lull or breakdown in "teamwork" or just the group as a whole not getting along with each other, about a 1/3 of the way through a given period of time. Which is very apparent at the current time. I'm not one that believes a whole lot into the psychology of things. But, this team needs to find its collective bearings and become aggressive. When I say this, it means players and coaches alike. We didn't win the SB, by being passive which we are now IMO, mainly on defense. I know we don't have Jenkins and Collins anymore. But, I'd personally rather get beat trying to be aggressive than passive.
There is all sorts of opinion, observation and speculation going on as to why the Packers are a losing team at this point.
And we are not used to it after a SB win and a 15-1 season and everyone is trying to figure out why.
These are not the Packers we expected after two winning seasons.
I really have no clue why because I don't work for the Packers and I'm one of those that just watches the game for the action as opposed to watching who is doing what or what the rating or stats are etc.
As mentioned before, I don't work for 'em so I'm not even going to go there and guess any team break down or how they can fix things.
All I can do is have faith that they are trying their very best and that they are the experts and will try and do the right things.
Of course there is only so much they can do until the opposing teams out play and out smart them.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Have you been watching the games? How are we passive on defense? Last year we finished the season dead last in defensive standings, we are now rated at 17th.....that is a huge jump in rankings. This year the pressure is getting to the opposing QB and that shows since the number of sacks is up drastically. Last season the other QB could have sat back in the pocket and have a coffee and doughnut before he threw a pass, this year is much improved. We are not top 10 caliber....yet...but we are steadily getting better. If there is an area under decline, it is the offensive unit. What do you want from the defense?.....12 sacks per game and 6 INT's...???lol

Members online

Latest posts