1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

To hell with Lombardi

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Jun 5, 2007.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NOOOOOO.....not Vincent T. Lombardi Poplar trees!!! We have several (12) Lombardi Poplar trees around our house that are now 75-85 feet tall. Now, some of you know that this species is not the strongest out there and branches snap off in the slightest breeze. Last evening we had severe thunderstorms roll down the mountains and with this high winds. Figure where this is going? I heard a loud snap like a rifle shot and down came the top 20 feet of one of the trees along the back edge of our yard, and about 2 minutes later, bang, another one bit the dust.

The sections that came down buried the butt end about two feet straight into the ground so it looks like two new trees sprung up over night. Anyway, I got lots of lousy burning firewood for my outdoor fireplaces now.

Moral: Don't plant Lombardi Poplars around your house, unless your neighbor is a Viking fan, and then pray they fall his way when they come down. :twisted:

2. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't be done MontanaBob........No Viking Fan would stoop so low as to live next to a cheesehead. :razz:

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lombardi Poplars look nice when they are young but they become a mess as well as a hazard when they get older.
    I have some behind my house that I should take down before they become a nusaince.

The hair stood up on the back of my neck when I saw the title of this thread.

4. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When we moved into our house, the hill and subdivision was mostly bare. Some well meaning relatives told us to plant Poplars as they grow fast. Good I thought, we can use the shade and landscaping soon. Little did I know the darn things grow 8-10 feet a year and get up to 80-90 feet high.

If that relative were still alive, I'd kill him!!

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Lombardi's pretty "poplar" around these parts!
    (I'm surprised no one else said it first!)LOLOL!!! :thumbsup:

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Not true Vikes!
    When i was living on a farm, a Viking fan asked to rent out my outhouse! I told him "It's pretty small, but if you want to rent it, I'll let ya!" Two days later, i see a TV antenna on top of the old outhouse! I thought "Well, he seems to be making himself right at home!" Then what do I see 3 days after that??? A SECOND TV antenna on top of the outhouse! Well, as small as it is, I couldn't HELP but go over and knock on the door. The Viking fan answered the door........I asked him "I can understand ONE TV antenna, but why TWO?" He told me "I rented out the basement to my brother!" :thumbsup:

7. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder of Bro #2 is complaining about the "leaky" roof?

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Or the "bad view!" :rotflmao:

9. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What would you do if a Packer fan moved in next to you? Cant we all get along here?

10. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well PC, that would be a dilema indeed.

I couldn't sell my house and move, cause with the cheesehead next door, the property values would have dropped to zero.

See what I mean.........Cheesehead Neighbor

[​IMG]

11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You mean "would have risen up to zero." :rotflmao:

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Whoo hoo!!! :rotflmao:
    Anyway.......that picture that Vikes posted was actually a photo of the Viking fan I evicted from the outhouse. As you can see, he's already got a "new" home on another Packer fan's porch!
    Good for him!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

13. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Vikesrule, do you have any Packer fans in your family? Just wondering. :rotflmao:

You just might be a Packer fan yet. It could happen tomorrow.

14. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya, we had one.....we shot him. :razz:

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    Was it cuz he made your relatives average IQ jump up 50 points?

16. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This looks like you getting a suntan.