To everyone who says fire TT and is badmouthing him...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
the overreacting on this board amuses me. I wish i wasnt working when the pick happened so i could enjoy the stupidity live.

Is it possible for you to stay on topic without throwing argument ad hominems? No wonder you've been banned so many times.

We are allowed to have a little bit of emotion, aren't we? Or is being human now illegal?

hey pot, this is kettle

i cant be 'human' and find this stuff funny?

guess not. sorry, pot.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack4life said:
it really is amusing how quick they are to negatively criticize the draft pick

Of course they are so much more knowledgeable than a GM, his front office and their scouts. Yet they are sitting here in the forum.....

All right. I design software for a living. If you buy my software and it completely obliterates your machine, you have NO RIGHT to criticize because you're just some guy sitting here in a forum.

:

But all you've really done is make my point here zombieslayer. I'm not going to complain about your software until AFTER i try it and it oliberates my machine........my point was, so many are so quick to criticize negatively before these players hit the field with us

Reaction score
Hey I was overreactive after I heard the pick.

Obviously when you don't expect something to happen, and it does, you're not gonna be like "I knew it".

Are we so low that we are now going to get on people just because they FEEL differently? Seesh.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Obviously when you don't expect something to happen, and it does, you're not gonna be like "I knew it".

Are we so low that we are now going to get on people just because they FEEL differently? Seesh.

Who cares about feelings AADP. The problem in this forum is that only a few recognize what a good job Uncle Ted has done building a defense. Did anyone go watch footage of Harrell playing, no, they just started bashing. He is an athletic BIG man, but I guess we should have drafted Branch from Michigan instead, because he was higher on the Mocks.

Reaction score
I agree, I mean you think it is a terrible pick then that is your right.

But to say TT sucks on teh basis of a pick that has YET to play a snap of NFL football in his life is a bit much. If you said it in the heat of the moment, I can understand that, but to come here tonight or the day after and say "look at the pick, I told you TT sucks" is not fair.

I'll be constantly pointing to the Vikings example of the two Williams at DT... look at how dominant they were, and how that dominance reverberated throughout the D when talking about Run D.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not quite sure when I ever said anything that translated to that?

I have no problem with others feeling differently. What I have a problem with is the people who completely overreact and start the chant of "Fire Ted Thompson".

So to put it simply, i'm not so low that i get on others just for feeling differently.

However, if this wasn't directed at me then my apologies, carry on

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
pack4life said:
it really is amusing how quick they are to negatively criticize the draft pick

Of course they are so much more knowledgeable than a GM, his front office and their scouts. Yet they are sitting here in the forum.....

All right. I design software for a living. If you buy my software and it completely obliterates your machine, you have NO RIGHT to criticize because you're just some guy sitting here in a forum.

:

But all you've really done is make my point here zombieslayer. I'm not going to complain about your software until AFTER i try it and it oliberates my machine........my point was, so many are so quick to criticize negatively before these players hit the field with us

We'll see. I hope these guys all turn out to be super studs and we end up 16-0 and win the SB. The thing is, I just don't see DT as our most pressing need. We have glaring holes in SS, RB, TE, and 3rd CB (plus our 1st 2 CBs are getting older). I was hoping those would be addressed first, and I was really hoping we'd have traded for a known playmaker (like Moss, Turner, or LJ).

Reaction score
Oh it was not meant to be directed at you pack4life, instead I was responding to the people that will come on these boards (and some had earlier even starting a thread) and go around saying "see, TT sucks" because of picking Harrel.

I think that is unfair, to say the least. :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:
the overreacting on this board amuses me. I wish i wasnt working when the pick happened so i could enjoy the stupidity live.

Is it possible for you to stay on topic without throwing argument ad hominems? No wonder you've been banned so many times.

We are allowed to have a little bit of emotion, aren't we? Or is being human now illegal?

hey pot, this is kettle

i cant be 'human' and find this stuff funny?

guess not. sorry, pot.

Calling fellow Packer fans stupid is completely uncalled for. Try to remember we're on the same team.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be constantly pointing to the Vikings example of the two Williams at DT... look at how dominant they were, and how that dominance reverberated throughout the D when talking about Run D.

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner.

Post of the night.

I wonder if Ted is tired of having the fourth best defensive tackles in the division?

And Zombie, defensive tackle was a need pick!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner.

Post of the night.

I wonder if Ted is tired of having the fourth best defensive tackles in the division?

And Zombie, defensive tackle was a need pick!

I hope you're right, my friend. All I really want is one more SB win for Favre before he hangs up his hat.

Well, we still have one day. Maybe TT has a trick up his sleeve and we get Randy Moss yet. We'll see tomorrow.

Members online