To everyone who says fire TT and is badmouthing him...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You probably were saying the same things last year when the pack took who Greg Jennings over Chad Jackson. When the drafted Daryne Colledge and Jason Spitz, well you see how those picks turned out... great so far. You really are jumping the gun alot you haven't seen this kid play a down in the nfl and you really have no idea if any of the other players around him are going to be better or not in there pro career. If he really does good on the packers im going to laugh when all the TT bashers for selecting a player he thinks is best are gonna say. Oh I knew all along TT picked the right guy. If he turns out to be bad then I can understand where you are coming from but let the kid atleast play a season in the nfl my god.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus,.....chicken little,...this guy has Tommie Harris type potential,... good pick

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you guys are expecting a impact player ... like hawk was ... forget about it

Because teams never land any impact players at the in the later part of round 1. He could have easily gone alot higher if he wouldnt have got hurt at the beginning of the season. And about being a starter we knows that will be determined throughout training camp and preseason, there will be alot of rotation going on to keep our d-line fresh. anyways your gonna to look really stupid if your wrong.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhensiak said:
Jesus,.....chicken little,...this guy has Tommie Harris type potential,... good pick

And he could just as easily have Cledious Hunt potential.

No....Hunt was a Project from a small school w/questionable character....not a well thought out comparison...All indications this a a good, hard working player thats a good guy too

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt was a third round pick when completely healthy. Harrell was the 16th pick BECAUSE of injury concerns. If he had not been hurt, he would have been a top 10 guy.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of this about potential and let him get on the field, etc. .. He barely got on the field in college!! Have you looked at his history? He's been injured basically EVERY YEAR. THAT'S your first round pick??

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This pick seems to have come out of nowhere but honestly after looking into him I like his toughness and his potential. If this guy can stay healthy I'm hoping he'll be a solid starter or part of a three DT rotation. Too early though to praise TT or bash him.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although Jennings, Colledge and Spitz may turn out to be solid players someday, I think it's a little premature to call them "great".

IMO, no one has to do anything in order to get TT fired. A couple more years of mediocrity and a continued inability to fill holes on this team you could drive a truck through, and he'll take care of that himself.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember ever seeing Harrell being talked about as a top ten pick.
I said if he would have stayed healthy. If he can avoid injuries, he could be the top DT in the draft.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I don't remember ever seeing Harrell being talked about as a top ten pick.
I said if he would have stayed healthy. If he can avoid injuries, he could be the top DT in the draft.

Like Cliff Christl used to say "if a worm had hips..."

He hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy for 4 years in college so I'm not really sure why anyone thinks he'll be able to do it in the pros.

Big_Dog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tightwad Ted makes Mike Sherman look like a friggin Mensa. This pick makes no sense whatsoever. The guy tears a bicep and he's the best player on the board and he's a player that's at a position the Packers need? Bulltweet!!!!!!!!

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody complained about Greg Jennings. It was a weak WR class and he was supposedly ranked 3rd.

Daryn Colledge was the only one anybody "complained" about. Jason Spitz played in a good Louisville offensive line.

But if this turns out to be a bust, this'll be the stupidest pick ever. Nobody knows Justin Harrell. People knew Aaron Rodgers, and people knew A.J. Hawk. All those guys were safe picks.

What's safe about Harrell? Nothing. He could've been a 2nd-3rd round prospect.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody complained about Greg Jennings. It was a weak WR class and he was supposedly ranked 3rd.

Daryn Colledge was the only one anybody "complained" about. Jason Spitz played in a good Louisville offensive line.

But if this turns out to be a bust, this'll be the stupidest pick ever. Nobody knows Justin Harrell. People knew Aaron Rodgers, and people knew A.J. Hawk. All those guys were safe picks.

What's safe about Harrell? Nothing. He could've been a 2nd-3rd round prospect.

Harrell played at Tenn. You must be exaggerating when you say you've never heard of him :rubeyes:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the overreacting on this board amuses me. I wish i wasnt working when the pick happened so i could enjoy the stupidity live.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it really is amusing how quick they are to negatively criticize the draft pick

Of course they are so much more knowledgeable than a GM, his front office and their scouts. Yet they are sitting here in the forum.....

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers was a safe pick eh? And also, saying that knowing someone makes them a safe pick, and apparently from your logic not a bust, would mean Mike Williams is probably just going through a rough stretch. I would also like to say that knowing someone is what actually makes them a bust, more so than getting drafted at 16.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it really is amusing how quick they are to negatively criticize the draft pick

Of course they are so much more knowledgeable than a GM, his front office and their scouts. Yet they are sitting here in the forum.....

All right. I design software for a living. If you buy my software and it completely obliterates your machine, you have NO RIGHT to criticize because you're just some guy sitting here in a forum.

Any Packer fan knows we have NEEDS. Those needs consist of WR, TE, SS, RB, and CB (in no order). The draft isn't over. If TT fills those needs with some good picks and a trade or two by end of day tomorrow, I'll be happy.

We'll see. The jury isn't out on the '07 draft. We've had two picks only so far. I'm still waiting to see if we trade for Moss. If we do, I will be very happy. If we do not fill those needs and we do not get Moss either, I will be upset.

For the record, '06 was a solid A. I was happy with it. I'm not a TT hater. So don't jump to conclusions about me. :soapbox:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the overreacting on this board amuses me. I wish i wasnt working when the pick happened so i could enjoy the stupidity live.

Is it possible for you to stay on topic without throwing argument ad hominems? No wonder you've been banned so many times.

We are allowed to have a little bit of emotion, aren't we? Or is being human now illegal?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This draft is shaping up a bit like 2005...where Ted tried to prove to the rest of the league that he could find chicken salad in chicken poo.

I don't disagree with the 'best athlete available' thinking, but Herrell was injured last year with what appears to be the same injury that finished Gilbert Brown. Considering Brady Quinn was still around, if you're going to take the best pick, regardless of position, wouldn't you take Quinn over Herrill? How about the tight end? If Olsen was a reach at 16, how could you say Herrell isn't? Olson would have filled a need.
Round one is very confusing.

Round two is equally confusing. This guy appears to be another reach. He was passed over by virtually every analyst I read. Has some positives, but hardly dominated at his position.

Round three. We have a receiver, who was ok, but hardly dominated at his position.

The first three picks have "reach" all over them.

Michael Turner could have been signed. Just remember that on opening day.

ROTTT(Reign of Ted Thompson Terror) now is ROSTTT(Reign of Sleeper Ted Thompson Terror).

Ted's 2005 draft was called the "most arrogant" draft one analyst had seen because Ted was trying to prove everyone else in the league wrong.

I guess old dogs can't learn new tricks.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was worried about Harrel's bicep injury until I read that he did 32 lifts of the 225# weights at his pro day. Biceps must be fine.

Members online

Latest posts