To Every Packer Fan Out There

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright Packer nation ... remember when this team was under Sherman's hand, we were not under .500 we lacked depth probably in every single position. Yes we did make the playoffs but let me also tell you this ... if Sherman had handled the draft / signings better ... we would of probably never had missed those 2 years that we missed the playoffs previous from last year. When Sherman lost his power as a gm ... Ted Thompson came in got rid of all the players that were good players but demanding a raise which obviously they did prove to us that they weren't worth it due to injuries / or lack of performance as many of you realized. The cap was really bad managed by Sherman and like i mentioned previously no depth was in place to step in the positions that were needed at that very time due to that packers went 5-11 that year. MM was signed the year after ... TT had a great draft and the coaching staff got the team all around performing twice as better as the previous year with a less experienced (youngest team in nfl) and with less talent ... TT did sign charles woodson wich was probably one of the most important signing for the packers in the past 2-3 years solidified our CB's which we lacked really badly. They managed to go 8-8 after a 5-8 season which a 1st year coach ... wow you do really see that rarely ... The year after was the nfc championship game.

My point is ... this team was built by Ted Thompson either you like it or not.

All you TT haters say : Brett favre = SB
Rogers = Playoffs early exit

Just remember the SB team that your talking about ... the team that Brett Favre will be using to win the SB is built by the very person that you hate so much.

I'd understand if you want Brett Favre to play over Rogers ... I would want that also but I do have confident in Rogers and if he does get an playoff early exit then that would be experience gaining which by the looks of it Rogers would never be getting any if it was up to you guys.

Rogers might or not might not be ready but by the looks of it at the dallas cowboys game ... his pretty much ready.

I love Brett but this team is made for Rogers never for Brett, I understand his old and needed time to decide, I don't blame him for deciding to play again but I do blame him for not taking his time and thinking it over before he had announced his retirement ... as you guys saw on the Time line post ...any GM / HC would react the same way that TT and MM have reacted.

I want to thank TT and MM for building us this team and I do hope we trade Brett Favre, his not controlling the franchise no more we have a new boss in town

OP
OP
K

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:
I love Brett but this team is made for Rogers never for Brett,

Out of curiosity, you are aware that Favre was the QB last season, aren't you?

Yes I am aware ... but you are aware that the defense the o-line the WR short yardage pass Yards after catch receiver was all a plan to put a decent team so when Rogers comes in it could be easier for him to adapt

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre announcing his retirement opened the door for the future of the Green Bay Packers....good or bad. After seeing what TT has done with this team I fully support what he decides to do. Go Pack!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I am aware ... but you are aware that the defense the o-line the WR short yardage pass Yards after catch receiver was all a plan to put a decent team so when Rogers comes in it could be easier for him to adapt

It also cut down on Favre's propensity for throwing interceptions. Coincidence?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:

It also cut down on Favre's propensity for throwing interceptions. Coincidence?

For the most part.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, and the new pup's been trained to deal with everything in the new house.

(I didn't make that, but I saved it because I enjoy funny things)

(or because I supposedly hate Favre with a passion.)

Reaction score

Um Krazygangsta, McCarthy has installed an offense where most of the time the QB lines up behind C, he has an option to either drop back and pass OR hand the ball off to the RB. It all depends on what particular look the D is giving the QB.

Our O system relies on Favre's experience, his ability to read a D and break it down to understand what areas are vulnerable and can be exploited.

No matter how you look at it, Ted gets players to fit our system. Our system (on offense) relies on a QB's experience. From that, your argument that this team was built for Rodgers doesn't hold true.

Also, not sure how the o-line Ted has assembled is supposed to be for Rodgers specifically.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the fact that when this was still a private issue and Brett let TT and MM know he wanted back in MARCH of '08 and they said YES WE WANT YOU BACK it was for:

1) Old times sake
2)no one else wanted to wear #4
3) Rodgers needed a friend

The TRUTH is this team was built NEVER KNOWING WHAT THE HELL BRETT FAVRE WAS GOING TO DO YEAR IN-YEAR OUT because he's chirped about retirement since the DAY TT HIT WISCONSIN.

So what's TT supposed to do? Build a team around a guy with one foot out the door every January and now your on TT for doing the ONLY thing he could do? Good for you. Makes sense to me. Somehow. I guess.

And please don't come back and say "Rodgers" again because TT did NOT "build" this football team AROUND a guy that he has no idea of what he is capable of doing. He "built" the strongest team he possibly could KNOWING the QB issue would have to be dealt with at SOME POINT.

As this threads originator has acknowledged. TT's done a hell of a job doing it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do we have to have camps?

Is it possible to like TT AND Favre?

Is it possible to give both Favre and TT credit?

What about MM? Shouldn't he get some of the credit as well?

Members online

Latest posts