TJ Lang just followed the Seahawks on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok. This is the same I thought about Sitton - ugh. Hopefully that position doesn't make our qb a hamburger patty. Barclay,....LOL, might as well resign Marshall Newhouse too.

H

HardRightEdge

ok. This is the same I thought about Sitton - ugh. Hopefully that position doesn't make our qb a hamburger patty. Barclay,....LOL, might as well resign Marshall Newhouse too.
I'm thinking Spriggs. The threw him in at guard in a pinch last season. Looked terrible run blocking, but adequate pass blocking. 20 lbs. and a full off season of work at the position and he just might fit the bill. Look for that nice, round paunch when he hits camp. ;)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry. I just can't get upset over not paying a Guard and losing him in FA...... Simply put..... Because he's a Guard

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TJ is very good at his position but we have much bigger fish to fry on the defensive end. I think Spriggs will fit the role quite well. Wish TJ nothing but the best wherever he winds up.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't pay the guards big...
Bahk and bulaga are the money men. Lindsey will get some cheese next year.

Glad Lang's ankle didn't cost him big.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Maybe I'll be surprised, but Spriggs doesn't strike me as a fit at guard at all.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Barclay could be the new guard. His bad reputation is from stinking up at OT. He might be a decent guard?

If they thought he was good enough to be the starter I think they would have paid him more. His salary tells me he's depth. But we'll see.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they thought he was good enough to be the starter I think they would have paid him more. His salary tells me he's depth. But we'll see.
Both sitton and Lang were tackles in school. Failed at OT in the NFL. And we're big strong fast at guard. I think Barclay is similar, only he blew a knee and stayed at OT too long...
He may be depth. But he may end up starting at rg too.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lang was getting overpaid already. If he comes back for 5 ,I would reconsider. But I bet he gets 8 somewhere else...

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers will have to address the interior of the offensive line if Lang leaves in free agency as well. I would prefer the team to do it via the middle rounds of the draft though.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can definitely see Lang getting more than $8mil/year...at that price, I say no thanks.

It's funny he and Jared Cook spoke a lot about how much they loved playing for this team. I guess both are just doing it for PR reasons, it's all about the $!

IMO, you have a greater chance of being immortalized in this game playing for great teams with great QBs, than chasing the money.

H

HardRightEdge

Maybe I'll be surprised, but Spriggs doesn't strike me as a fit at guard at all.
Thompson didn't trade up for Spriggs to see him sit on the bench until Bulaga's deal is up. He'll be given every benefit of the doubt in the competition for that guard job. There's no substitute for money game experience. Some lumps could be taken early on.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Thompson didn't trade up for Spriggs to see him sit on the bench until Bulaga's deal is up. He'll be given every benefit of the doubt in the competition of that job. There's no substitute for money game experience. Some lumps could be taken early on.

I don't believe Thompson traded up for Spriggs to play him at guard either.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Twitter is so confusing. That Reddit thread even more so. What the hell is going on?

Seems like nothing has happened.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson didn't trade up for Spriggs to see him sit on the bench until Bulaga's deal is up. He'll be given every benefit of the doubt in the competition of that job. There's no substitute for money game experience. Some lumps could be taken early on.

I don't believe Thompson traded up for Spriggs to play him at guard either.

I forgot about that trade up and also Spriggs is pretty lengthy for a Guard.

Bulaga's body fits the guard position better than Spriggs, but we shall see what happens.

I also wonder what their plans are with Murphy (who is also pretty length at 6'6'')

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Yeah I get it. There was an investment and they need to get value out of it. I'm just saying that his body type and skill set don't seem to lend themselves to playing inside. So I still don't understand the plan there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They probably did love playing here. They also like getting paid as much as they can while they can. I'm not sold that Lang is a foregone conclusion. But if he is, I'm not going to toss in the towel either.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries and foot problems plague Lang. I can't ever remember him being healthy at all. He's a good player but not at 9 mil per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts