Tired of this bull crap

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm absolutely disgusted with the Packers organization and how we have not signed ONE free agent. The broncos defense was terrible and so they signed over 7 players AND THEY HAD A BETTER RECORD THAN THE PACKERS. Our defense is terrible and we have an immense amount of money that we are just sitting on. With all the freaking AMAZING defensive free agents this year I can not believe for one second that we didn't sign anybody.

Absolutely disgusted. :no: :(

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with your statement about how the Packer's management is horrible.... Just don't compare us to the Broncos. If we played in the AFC West last year we would have won 10 games

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are able to lock up Jennings and some of our young talent I will be glad we did not throw fist fulls of money to some of these guys. I have a lot of confidence in the Packers management and they build through the draft. The Pack has the talent on defense and just needs a run stuffing NT like they had in Gilbert Brown. Haynesworth is a great talent and could have helped the Pack a lot, but the money he got was crazy. I really feel that this team will benefit from a change of scheme on D. Only time will tell though.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa.. Calm down man. Lets remember who our D coordinator was last year.. Mr. Bobby Sanders coached a defense that was vanillax2 and the other teams knew what was comin every play. You can count how many times BobbSanders blitzed last year on one hand.. Sooo of course our D was gonna get torched every game... So lets not spaz out and say were doomed for the same failure that happened in 08 cause were not. We have talented players and now, we got an actual proven Dcoordinator.

Canty was wayy overpaid by the Giants.. and TT doesn't wanna throw random money around that might not even pay off. Look at our D.. We got Kampman Harris Woodsen Bigby Pickett Jenkins Collins Tramon Barnett Hawk.. So to say that we should go on a Free agent frenzy is just crazzyy.

I mean come on people. come'on.. :wondering:

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were not that many really top notch free agents. We will be fine just give it time TT will do work in the draft.

OP
OP
K

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GJ85 said:
There were not that many really top notch free agents. We will be fine just give it time TT will do work in the draft.
Are you kidding about the Free agents....? I don't even want to start on how ludacris that statement is. :no:

But if TT does amazing in the draft I will be happy. :yes:

So to say that we should go on a Free agent frenzy is just crazzyy.
With the amount of money we have.....................

Oh and letting AH go was fine, no team should ever pay someone that much in the NFL. Granted he's absolutely amazing and no one really compares at this time, he could fall off in a couple of years making that a very dumb move.

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Killazach said:
I'm absolutely disgusted with the Packers organization and how we have not signed ONE free agent. The broncos defense was terrible and so they signed over 7 players AND THEY HAD A BETTER RECORD THAN THE PACKERS. Our defense is terrible and we have an immense amount of money that we are just sitting on. With all the freaking AMAZING defensive free agents this year I can not believe for one second that we didn't sign anybody.

Absolutely disgusted. :no: :(

NFL stands for the 'National Football Leauge' not the National Fantasy League. !!

Amazing - Amazing !! I hope you are just kidding. The overall FA list is considered substandard & has been for the past several years.

You're the type that complains about no FA signings now. You also would be complaining next year at this time when we don't have the $$$ to sign Collins, Jennings, Kampman, etc.

You can't have it both ways. - This is real football, not fantasy.

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aa-rodg_is_cool said:
Whoa whoa whoa.. Calm down man. Lets remember who our D coordinator was last year.. Mr. Bobby Sanders coached a defense that was vanillax2 and the other teams knew what was comin every play. You can count how many times BobbSanders blitzed last year on one hand.. Sooo of course our D was gonna get torched every game... So lets not spaz out and say were doomed for the same failure that happened in 08 cause were not. We have talented players and now, we got an actual proven Dcoordinator.

Canty was wayy overpaid by the Giants.. and TT doesn't wanna throw random money around that might not even pay off. Look at our D.. We got Kampman Harris Woodsen Bigby Pickett Jenkins Collins Tramon Barnett Hawk.. So to say that we should go on a Free agent frenzy is just crazzyy.

I mean come on people. come'on.. :wondering:

I like how there is a double standard with a lot of fans when discussing TT, Bob Sanders, and last years defense. I've used two different arguments with some fans;

1. TT not doing a good job setting the defense up for success last year

He traded away our only pressure DT, in Sanders system that requires pressure from the front four. Also, we all knew that KGB wasn't going to duplicate his 9.5 sack performance from the year before. Those two known variables accounted for over 16 sacks in 2007. Those variables were essentially replaced with big bodies in Jolly/Harrel and Jeremy Thompson. I know Jenkins got hurt, which is the primary excuse that people use to defend not paying Williams and explaining our lousy pass rush(who really wasn't overpaid, look at what Canty, Tommy Kelly, Haynseworth got, the cap goes up every year, 6million for a 5-8 sacks DT is a bargin), but he wasn't going to be enough to fix our pass rush... I'll end this with saying that our D-line in 2007 had 10 more sacks, 33% more than it did in 2008.

2.Defending Sanders, because there were way to many injuries/player production fell a lot from the year before

If we had so many other injuries, like; Jenkins, Hawk, Bigby, Harris, Barnett, Picket wasn't healthy the whole year, etc.... why didn't Sanders deserve another chance?

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen one player that we would have needed that didn't get overpaid by quite a bit IMO. I would love to see someone get signed but at the same time we all know what TT's strategy is so I really can't believe anyone is surprised.

That being said, Igor Olshansky is still available and Vonnie Holliday got cut by Miami as well. Neither would be blockbuster signings obviously but would add some depth to the 34 DE that we have pretty much nothing at right now.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NormalSizedMidget said:
I haven't seen one player that we would have needed that didn't get overpaid by quite a bit IMO. I would love to see someone get signed but at the same time we all know what TT's strategy is so I really can't believe anyone is surprised.

That being said, Igor Olshansky is still available and Vonnie Holliday got cut by Miami as well. Neither would be blockbuster signings obviously but would add some depth to the 34 DE that we have pretty much nothing at right now.
True... We don't need a playmaker at DE. Jenkins can do this. We need a 2-gap, Run stuffer DE, and those two can improve our team. Signing any of those would allow us to concentrate on other needs, such as OLB, OL and DT. Then we would get a pretty sweet defense. All we would have to worry in the future would be a CB to play besides Williams, IF Tramon proves himself, and a playmaker TE, because Lee is good, but not that good. With the right draft and free agents this year and the next, we could very well be a dynasty again...

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Ted haters.

Who would you get that would do a better job?

Rather than just come in here and complain.

Offer some soultions. It works in life as well. When you just sit around and complain you often end up working in a factory for 12 dollars an hour for life. When you think positive and give yourself solutions the sky is the limit.

I don't expect to get many responses to this as I never do when I ask these "Ted haters" who would do a better job than him.

Also. This thread belongs in the "***** about TT" section.

Real fans should not have to be subjected to this drivel.

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pacman,

So your solution is to go out and sign a bunch of free-agents who don't fit what we are looking for and then over-pay them as well?

There has been VERY few players in free agency over the past several years that fit what the Packers are looking for. The ones that came close were over-paid by other teams.

The reason Green Bay is still considered a contender for next year and has money to spend on it's own players is because of Ted Thompson.

Many of you should go down south with Mike Sherman and help him continue to ruin that college program.

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pacman5252 said:
NormalSizedMidget said:
PackersRS said:
With the right draft and free agents this year and the next, we could very well be a dynasty again...
Bingo.

The draft isn't an exact sience. With a couple wrong drafts we could end up like the Lions

LOL what? even with 2 years of bad drafts in a row we would still have tons of talent on our team. I would say our last two drafts could be classified as "wrong" since none of them yielded any completely solid starters as of yet and we still are no where near going 0 for 16. That's ridiculous.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aa-rodg_is_cool said:
Haha I love how everyone spazzes over us not getting CANTY!??!.. :lol:
Cmon! The guy knows the sistem, and has played well the last 2 seasons, but $42MILLION!!!!
"Canty, a 6-7, 305-pounder, played his first four seasons for the Giants' NFC East rivals, the Dallas Cowboys. He played all 64 games with 50 starts during that time and started all 16 games in each of the last three seasons. Canty, 26, totaled 148 tackles (102 solo), 10.0 sacks, eight passes defensed, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery."
Don't care if the scheme doesn't let you make big plays, ONE forced fumble and TEN sacks in FOUR COMPLETE seasons isn't worth $42Million. I mean, I wanted the guy, but $42 freakin MILLION DOLLARS!!!

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't just canty... It is not getting moss, trading corey williams to save money and draft Brohm, not replacing our once stout d-line, he hasn't upgraded the interior OL since he got here, he has only brought in 2 starters in FA in Picket and Woodson, his drafts are not amazing but average.....

Look at the team that went 13-3
Favre, Clif, Taucsh, Kamp, KGB, Williams, Barnett, Harris, Jenkins were all here before he got here

The only real impact players he brought in in the years leading up to it Jennings, Hawk, and woodson

The only starters he brought in- the 3 interior lineman (our weakness), RB (average), Pickett (average), Hawk (top 5 pick, was basically given to us), Woodson/Bigby/Collins (I'll give credit there)

It isn't like he has done an amazing job, get that out of your heads..... He's done average to bad. He isn't our savior like many once thought. He is turning GB into an ongoing rebuilding project

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know TT in person. I don't owe him any favors. He has a style of Management that i agree with: Build your team through the draft and bring in FA's that are needed. If you get a bargain at FA, do it.

His draft isn't wonderful like a lot says, but it isn't by any means bad. Just look at his players record.

About him choosing his players over the predecessor, it's not true. Like you said, great part of the starting lineup is from the anterior management. Choosing guys that you draft for BACKUP is the most natural thing in the NFL. The guys that were released weren't performing well, except for Williams, but he hasn't performed well either, has he??? And Favre we all now what happened, mistakes from both sides...

Bottom line, is he the best GM? NO. The top 10 GM? Probably no. But this is the Green Bay Packers. We can win the superbowl with a good managament, it doesn't need o be like Pioli with the Patriots. If there was a much better GM available, that would be good. But there isn't. TT's moves are about 60, 70% correct, and for a GM that's good...
(This should be in the RIP TT and MM, but whatever...)

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about the Pack turning into the Lions, they have not had a QB as good as Rodgers for MANY years. I get what you are saying though, but the Pack has a much more solid team. Now, I feel we have the right coaches to use them properly.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that Cory Williams really tore up the league last year. :dull: FA isn't done yet and the draft is weeks away. Let's all calm down and have a :beer: or three and chill out. I think we should judge this offseason after it has played out, don't you?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts