Timing of Williams Trade

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this on another forum...but it's a bit striking:

-Why would TT trade Williams right now instead of waiting until draft day if he was just getting him for a pick?

-Maybe because TT wanted to free up some cap space for a big FA signing like Faneca, Briggs, etc.

What do you guys think?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

-Why would TT trade Williams right now instead of waiting until draft day if he was just getting him for a pick?

-Maybe because TT wanted to free up some cap space for a big FA signing like Faneca, Briggs, etc.

What do you guys think?

Trades are made when both teams feel they will benefit. So if that's the case, neither team is going to want to wait around, because then the other team might get cold feet or find someone else to trade with. The early bird gets the worm.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

Think of the trade from the Browns point. They want a DT. They want this DT. They've pretty much agreed to what it will be. They can now trade, get their DT, and move on. The Browns know that Williams likely won't be available on draft day (is this is the wheeling and dealing Thompson is going to be doing).

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

I think I hope your right.

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Just for fun I'll say Faneca, two second round picks no first round pick and no third round pick. But, Marion Barber.

I think if we didn't have Ryan Grant...hell yes. But I don't think we should give up that much for another RB. Grant, Jackson, and Wynn are good enough for me.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume the fact that a contract had to be signed for the trade to go down would play against a draft day trade to some extent. Also, freeing up cap space had a role as well.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And who else would give up a 2nd for Corey?

I say no one, that's who. Just like in fantasy fb, you accept those "is this guy kidding? Or just trying to help me win this year?" deals as soon as you read 'em! :D

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

My guess is the Packers could be thinking trade with one of the picks or they wanted to do Corey Williams right and trade him right now so he could get a deal done early. I can't imagine the Packers getting anything higher than what they got for him and to me it doesn't really matter.

Put it this way, If people are complaining about the timing of trading a guy, then it must be a good time to be a Packer fan.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Maybe it's for this...?

Oh brother.. that is worth at least 6 pages of a new thread.. Taylor to Green Bay.. :shock:

Would be cool.. but aging veteran worth more than a 27 DT with 14 sacks in the past two years from the Tackle slot.. with a hefty salary to boot.

Definately not the TT mo so far..

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DO IT TT YOU SELFISH SOB!!!! IF YOU DON'T MAKE THIS HAPPEN, AND I MEAN NOW YOU WILL FOREVER SHOULDER THE BLAME OF FAVRE'S RETIREMENT!!!! GAAAAAAAAGJLK!! SDFaljdfj!!

:huff: :huff: :puff:

Anyone else glad those days are over?

:D :razz:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
DO IT TT YOU SELFISH SOB!!!! IF YOU DON'T MAKE THIS HAPPEN, AND I MEAN NOW YOU WILL FOREVER SHOULDER THE BLAME OF FAVRE'S RETIREMENT!!!! GAAAAAAAAGJLK!! SDFaljdfj!!

:huff: :huff: :puff:

Anyone else glad those days are over?

:D :razz:
LOLOL!!!!Yeah......i am!!!
TT is making al those people look like,.....well.......idiots! (Couldn't think of a nicer word)

Members online

Latest posts