Time To Shut Down Eddie Lacy

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say shut him down!
Starks can give us what we need for 1 game.
We need to think of the future and not run Lacy to death in his rookie year.
One game at a time.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think it would be a good idea to shut down lacy for the season. Everyone has some injuries and other pains. What makes him so diffrent. If hes clear to play,play him.

D

Dan115

I say shut him down!
Starks can give us what we need for 1 game.
We need to think of the future and not run Lacy to death in his rookie year.
One game at a time.

I agree, this players could get hurt. Have you seen how they hit out there. JUST TERRIBLE!!!

D

Dan115

I know Coach Lombardi would agree with you all. Do not play these guys. It is only the playoffs. There is the future to think about. I remember how he shout down Travis Williams his rookie season. Many times he held out hurt players. That is the smart thing to do.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Just because some people here think long term instead of the short-term, doesn't mean we are quitters. Speaking from the perspective of a kid who played HS football with a broken ankle for an entire season, and now has 30 years of sprains and breaks on top of it.....I see a valid reason for shutting down our star RB who has injured his ankle three straight weeks.

Personally I think that next season is way more valuable then limping into a postseason where we have a small chance of succeeding. Besides, the FrankRizzo's of this forum will be jumping on their keyboards next season if Lacy has lingering ankle issues.

We are whipping a prized but spent horse in a meaningless race.

Agree with ya bud 100%. Why kill the poor kid in his rookie year? He has proved to be the work horse and proved he can carry the packers when Arod is out. Why make this into a potential nagging injury for years to come by keeping him out there to get it further damaged? We can't afford to risk losing our 2nd best offensive weapon right now. Be sides, it's his ankle people.....guess that body part aint that important to a running back

D

Dan115

Yes, save the poor boy till next year when The Packers will need him to try and make the playoffs. I think A Rod and Cobb should sit also. Big games to play in 2014. We will need these players for our playoff push in 2014. Almost bit my tongue putting this garbage out.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
WOW.... some people are just as clueless as the things they type. Why kill one of our best players? Risk more extensive damage for what? A wet dream play off game....where we will end up getting killed? Wake the f*ck up and smell the coffee..... we are hurt and don't have our key players, save it and heal up....no need to do perm-a-damage to young guys like Lacy & cobb. If we conserve them now, we will have a better chance for years to come....

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy will be fine as he's a tough dude. He won't practice this week and get treatment but play Sunday. I would limit his carries to about 10-12 and let Starks go to work against that last ranked run d in the league. Starks has really shown this year that he can be a good running back in this league when he's hungry and motivated. Starks is more than capable of going for over a 100 yds against Chicago. Give him the bulk of the carries but DON'T shut Lacy down.

D

Dan115

Save Lacy, Maybe next year he can play 12 games. Then slowing bring the poor young man along. 2015 14 games.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
try to do a better job at disguising your sarcasm......

we finally have a damn good RB and this guy wants to throw him to the wolves for one lousy game? WOW..... like we have any shot in hell with our current injury laundry list and a back up QB to go into the play-offs and make a run..... this aint 2010 people. We can't and wont beat teams like Seattle, Carolina, 49ers, Saints, Cardinals..... man up and face the truth, take the homer blinders off.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, save the poor boy till next year when The Packers will need him to try and make the playoffs. I think A Rod and Cobb should sit also. Big games to play in 2014. We will need these players for our playoff push in 2014. Almost bit my tongue putting this garbage out.

You shoulda bit it right off. You do realize that Sunday? yea this one coming up in 2013 we have a chance to WIN the division and MAKE A PLAYOFF PUSH this year? If Cobb can play, lacy can play, or Rodgers? why in the H E double hockey sticks would you sit three of your best offensive weapons for a playoff push in 2014 when we can make a playoff push this year? Can somebody please tell me what i'm missing! please!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You shoulda bit it right off. You do realize that Sunday? yea this one coming up in 2013 we have a chance to WIN the division and MAKE A PLAYOFF PUSH this year? If Cobb can play, lacy can play, or Rodgers? why in the H E double hockey sticks would you sit three of your best offensive weapons for a playoff push in 2014 when we can make a playoff push this year? Can somebody please tell me what i'm missing! please!

You're not missing anything, if people are able to play, they should play. It is almost like people have forgot this is football, every time you step on the field you are risking serious injury. You don't play for next year, you play for now. If Lacy has nothing more than a sprain, I am pretty damn sure he will be playing on Sunday.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

AR should play with his arm in a sling. CM3 should have a boxing glove (no thumb type) on and play. Lacy should man up and play with an inflable boot. Its 2010. We're going all the way;.

Jeez Bus, three "Old" in one thread !! respect...lol

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Starks is a very good backup.

If you want to start leaning on him a little more to the point where it becomes an even split, that's fine by me. Maybe even get Bell 5 carries or so. But shut Lacy down? No. I want to try to win our next game. Then our next one. Etc. Worry about licking our many wounds in the offseason.

D

Dan115

D

Dan115

lol bit it off. You are missing tongue in cheek. lol

D

Dan115

try to do a better job at disguising your sarcasm......

we finally have a damn good RB and this guy wants to throw him to the wolves for one lousy game? WOW..... like we have any shot in hell with our current injury laundry list and a back up QB to go into the play-offs and make a run..... this aint 2010 people. We can't and wont beat teams like Seattle, Carolina, 49ers, Saints, Cardinals..... man up and face the truth, take the homer blinders off.
At least you were able to see it is sarcasm.

D

Dan115

I know Coach Lombardi would agree with you all. Do not play these guys. It is only the playoffs. There is the future to think about. I remember how he shout down Travis Williams his rookie season. Many times he held out hurt players. That is the smart thing to do.
Lombardi did just the opposite. PACKERS WERE a hurt team Travis's rookie year. Lombardi pushed them. Won Super Bowl. Always play to win!

D

Dan115

WOW.... some people are just as clueless as the things they type. Why kill one of our best players? Risk more extensive damage for what? A wet dream play off game....where we will end up getting killed? Wake the f*ck up and smell the coffee..... we are hurt and don't have our key players, save it and heal up....no need to do perm-a-damage to young guys like Lacy & cobb. If we conserve them now, we will have a better chance for years to come....
The future is now!

D

Dan115

Not sure why we didn't give Starks or Franklin a bit more work over the course of the season in order to keep Lacy fresh. I would be alright with shutting him down as I think we leaned too heavily on him. It's a bit surprising because we seemed so reluctant about drafting him in the first place...
never should have drafted him. Now have to shut him down in this meaning less game.

TA63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitting players for a divisional championship game because they are banged up is one of the most chicken ****, ridiculous things I have read here. Your medically able to play, you go. Pathetic.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love what Lacy has done for the Packers Run this season, but like everyone else on our team if he's not healthy enough to play then don't put him at unnecessary risk. Only play him if he's healthy enough to contribute. I don't want to see him over compensate for his ankle injury and it lead to another injury which is what usually happens to athletes. Not wanting to push off or use his ankle to play the game the way he's use to playing will only get him hurt. Again, they kept Starks around for a reason and he's healthy and can definitely kill the porous Bears Run Defense and let Lacy rest if need be.

Also, make sure if Rodgers does play that he plays the game like Brady or Manning. When their pocket breaks down they hit the ground regardless if the rusher is going to sack them or not to protect themselves. Under this circumstance I say let him play.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with ya bud 100%. Why kill the poor kid in his rookie year? He has proved to be the work horse and proved he can carry the packers when Arod is out. Why make this into a potential nagging injury for years to come by keeping him out there to get it further damaged? We can't afford to risk losing our 2nd best offensive weapon right now. Be sides, it's his ankle people.....guess that body part aint that important to a running back
If Lacy says he can play and Dr. McKenzie says he can play, then there's no problem with letting him play. What inside information do you have that makes you think you know better than they do?

Members online

Latest posts