Time To Shut Down Eddie Lacy

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy has re-injured his ankle twice now in as many games - hurt against the Falcons, re-injured against the Cowboys, and now re-injured for a third week against the Steelers.

Can we all get behind shutting this kid down for the season? We all know that the playoffs for any NFC Central team is a joke. If Eddie Lacy had Rodgers' $130 million contract and another year under his belt, I think they'd be holding him back from playing.

Lacy has shown immense potential, incredible heart, and most importantly has produced a serious running attack for the Packers. As opposed to Rodgers, he actually has a credible and expendable backup in Starks. Shut him down.

Let's not have an RG3 situation on our hands with Lacy getting hurt long term by the Bears.

D

Dan115

Many players are hurt. Christmas season is here. Time for the boys to go home and leave the real work for the men.

TA63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. Maybe we should just forfeit so no more players are injured. I mean, it may be better for the long term health of the team. Ridiculous

D

Dan115

I agree. players might get injured next season also. Maybe just pay them to relax and go to the movies.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, we're not all behind shutting down Eddie Lacy.

We're playing for the division crown and you want to shut down one of the guys that got us here because he's sore?
I hate this mentality. We've made it this far, Week 17 is here and we're playing for the division. But we can't beat San Fran, Seattle, Carolina, etc. even with Rodgers, right? I bet Arizona can't win in Seattle, either?

If some of the people on this board had taken over the team in mid-2010, we would have never won the Super Bowl, because we would have closed up shop mid-season and started thinking about next year. Look at the last 3 Super Bowl teams. Were any 3 of these teams ones that looked like they had a chance to win it all when the playoffs started?

Do you really think anyone is 100% at this time of year? The RGIII situation during a game is apples and oranges. Getting your knee hyperextended in a game and playing through a bum ankle is not even close to the same thing.

Lacy can rest after the season with everyone else. We're playing 1 game for the division and people want to quit. I just don't understand it. If we're as bad as you believe, our season will be over in 2 weeks once the postseason start anyway.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got word, El Gaupo has been recommended to be shutdown the rest of this season. It's in the best interest of Packers fans who choose not to give up. There will be a press release this afternoon.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because some people here think long term instead of the short-term, doesn't mean we are quitters. Speaking from the perspective of a kid who played HS football with a broken ankle for an entire season, and now has 30 years of sprains and breaks on top of it.....I see a valid reason for shutting down our star RB who has injured his ankle three straight weeks.

Personally I think that next season is way more valuable then limping into a postseason where we have a small chance of succeeding. Besides, the FrankRizzo's of this forum will be jumping on their keyboards next season if Lacy has lingering ankle issues.

We are whipping a prized but spent horse in a meaningless race.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because some people here think long term instead of the short-term, doesn't mean we are quitters. Speaking from the perspective of a kid who played HS football with a broken ankle for an entire season, and now has 30 years of sprains and breaks on top of it.....I see a valid reason for shutting down our star RB who has injured his ankle three straight weeks.

Personally I think that next season is way more valuable then limping into a postseason where we have a small chance of succeeding. Besides, the FrankRizzo's of this forum will be jumping on their keyboards next season if Lacy has lingering ankle issues.

It's not a "meaningless" race. Until someone beats us one more time, it still has meaning. How do you know Rodgers and Cobb won't return on Sunday? How do you know the defense won't start playing like early in the season and help us go on a run with Rodgers' return?

Do you have any medical knowledge or expertise of Lacy's injury to know that he can't fully recover from it given 6 months of off-season and needs the next few weeks too? Any professional information that it's a similar situation to RGIII?

We don't know what "next year" will bring. We don't know if Lacy goes down early next year, we don't know if Harris and Franklin return and step up, we don't know that playing in the next few games would put Lacy at ANY additional risk for next year. We do know that if we win our next 4 games we would be in the Super Bowl.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy has re-injured his ankle twice now in as many games - hurt against the Falcons, re-injured against the Cowboys, and now re-injured for a third week against the Steelers.

Can we all get behind shutting this kid down for the season?

No. We're not all going to get behind quitting. Some might, but certainly not all. If Lacy can play, and he's medically cleared to do so, he plays. End of story. Anything can and often does happen in the playoffs.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
AR should play with his arm in a sling. CM3 should have a boxing glove (no thumb type) on and play. Lacy should man up and play with an inflable boot. Its 2010. We're going all the way;.

Last edited by a moderator:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Eddy's ankle before yesterday was prob just a sprain and thats why he played..No chance of making it worse..

Now who knows what is wrong with it...but if just a sprain and no tears, fractures etc....Send him out if he can handle the pain

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seriously, who really cares if FrankRizzo, El Guapo, or the AmishMafia really gets upset over something? Time and history has proven us all fools at some point. There were posters who wanted MM fired after the first preseason game he coached for the Packers. There were posters calling for TT's head within 18 seconds of him drafting AR - his first act as GM (and some of them still are).

The whole point of the Packers is to win the SB. Getting into the playoffs is an opportunity. Time is precious - we will only have so many years of AR, MM, and TT. We need to take every opportunity we have, and who knows, longer shots have won the SB. And when this season starter we were #5 on the Vegas odds to win it all. We can still pull it together and start kicking some butt.

D

Dan115

As a person who played 6 man high school football I know a thing or 3 about playing in pain . I played all season going both ways without once brushing my teeth. Went to the prom with one of the Butt Sisters and even today I have flashbacks. I wake up with a heavy chest. I know it is because of my gritty performance on the field. If only I had sat out a few games and rested. Found time to take care of my teeth. There is a lesson here.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why bring me into this?
Anyway, depending on the severity of the injury, I certainly could agree with holding him out.
Starks and Kahlil Bell, against his old team, is pretty good.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
As a person who played 6 man high school football I know a thing or 3 about playing in pain . I played all season going both ways without once brushing my teeth. Went to the prom with one of the Butt Sisters and even today I have flashbacks. I wake up with a heavy chest. I know it is because of my gritty performance on the field. If only I had sat out a few games and rested. Found time to take care of my teeth. There is a lesson here.
Find the Butt Sisters. The flashbacks will take your breath away for years.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's time to shut anyone down. That said, I think Starks could come up big against the Bears run D so it might not hurt to give him some of Eddie's snaps.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Seriously, who really cares if FrankRizzo, El Guapo, or the AmishMafia really gets upset over something? Time and history has proven us all fools at some point. There were posters who wanted MM fired after the first preseason game he coached for the Packers. There were posters calling for TT's head within 18 seconds of him drafting AR - his first act as GM (and some of them still are).

The whole point of the Packers is to win the SB. Getting into the playoffs is an opportunity. Time is precious - we will only have so many years of AR, MM, and TT. We need to take every opportunity we have, and who knows, longer shots have won the SB. And when this season starter we were #5 on the Vegas odds to win it all. We can still pull it together and start kicking some butt.

Can I be a fool too? Looks like a pretty fun bunch you listed up there. :)

Hey, for what it's worth, Lacy was on the Larry McCarren Show tonight ... wearing a boot. Said he wore one most of last week too.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Against Chicago's run defense I think whoever we hand the ball off to (if MM will let flynn hand off) will have a big day.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read something that said Lacy is expected to play. I don't think he'll practice all week so his ankle will be nice and fresh on Sunday.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I once twisted my ankle in a Junior High game and coach had me play the next week. I never played a game in the NFL after that. Coincidence? I think not. If only coach had held me out for that game against the James Madison Bobcats.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why we didn't give Starks or Franklin a bit more work over the course of the season in order to keep Lacy fresh. I would be alright with shutting him down as I think we leaned too heavily on him. It's a bit surprising because we seemed so reluctant about drafting him in the first place...

Last edited by a moderator:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I be a fool too? Looks like a pretty fun bunch you listed up there. :)

Hey, for what it's worth, Lacy was on the Larry McCarren Show tonight ... wearing a boot. Said he wore one most of last week too.
we were planning on asking you to be our leader - leading by example and all . . .

;)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts