1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Time to cut the cheese at tight end

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by net, Aug 23, 2005.

1. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    TT needs to cut the cheese and find a tight end on someone's roster to come in. I know he doesn't like to give up draft picks, but the current situation can't continue into the season.

Bubba appears to be in it for the long haul, so if he comes in this season is a question.

Any team that has to rely on David(Hurt Again)Martin or Ben (Hands Of)Steele is in bad, bad straits. If there's a #3 tight end somewhere who would come at a reasonable price, at least there's an assurance there would be ONE NFL caliber tight end out there on opening day. If/when Bubba returns, you then have two guys. I would put the #3 to the winner of the Steele/Martin contest along with McHugh.

The position is too vital to the West Coast Offense to fart around anymore.

2. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Did you guys see that Holmgren got his hands on Joe Jurevicius - I think he was from Tampa Bay, correct? Didn't he play TE at Tampa? He's 6'5" at 230lbs... that's big enough to play TE, right? Mute point, but we'd need someone who could come in at least at that weight factor.... Seahawks write BIO doesn't say so.. Course, I thought he was.. go figure....

As far as McHugh - the comparison factor was that Sean was very much like Bubba in the size and tactical depatment.. whereas Steele was more like Mark Chmura... at least, that was the thinking on types... Personally, as far as Steele is concerned, I think it's just a confidence problem... He's been watching the film..

3. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think Bubba will be out much longer. If he signs in time for the 4th preseason game he'll be good enough to play in the first game. I have no doubt he'll sign by then. He doesn't want to sit out the season, I can bet you that.

4. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    JJ is a WR. Played at Penn State, The NYG, Tampa Bay, and somewhere else last year I believe.
    Hammer

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Another TE thread, wonderfulz.

Joe was a WR like the above poster has stated. A decent one too if I remember right.

6. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure they are in touch with other teams about possibilities and are watching the waiver wire very closely. But in the end I will be surprised if Bubba is not here.

7. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I know I remember ol' Joe givin' the Packers fits every time we went down there....

8. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He was pretty good. Not only that he is a class act.

9. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    We should talk to Oak-Town about Teyo Johnson