1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to call Brett back from the woodshed....

Discussion in 'Brett Favre Discussion' started by weeds, Apr 25, 2015.

1. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    ... sheesh ... the New Testament tells us: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". My gawd...he sent pictures of his wiener while he was a New York Jet? He kept playing because he wanted to keep playing? His feelings were hurt because the Pack didn't want him anymore?

.... and, Jesus' parable had a father welcoming back his "prodigal son" ... oddly enough ... the father's other son who stayed back and tended the sheep got all butt hurt about it.

Is it possible that the Bible foretold the coming of Brett?? Because there sure are a lot of "butt hurt" brothers here.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 4foxes

4foxes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea it is time for him to come back to Lambeau. He made packer football fun to watch again and exciting, the only thing that really ticked me off is when he decided he wanted to come back and the pack were ready to move on he went to of all teams the vikings. Was not a good move. I'm over it now cause we have a great QB in Rodgers who makes it fun and exciting to watch games.

3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    You left at least two things out of the OP weeds.

4. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    Pray tell.... what might those two things be?

5. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    It is admirable to forgive and forget. A tip of the hat your way.

6. AKCheese

AKCheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +146
    Dude saved the franchise and built Lambeau Field into what it is today (well actually county taxpayers and donors did that, but it never would have happened without him). Guy was football player before AND after he was a Packer. Some people can't handle that.

7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    Hey buggy and Jack, 67,000 tickets sold to his HOF induction in less than a day. SCOREBOARD guys, SCOREBOARD!!! That is all. :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    What's that saying usually attributed to (but not actually said by) P. T. Barnum? It seems particularly attributable to those ticket buyers.

9. E. Wolf

E. Wolf Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +92
    How many of these people were donning VIKINGS colors not long ago. A whole lotta god damn turncoats if you ask me. And to think treason used to be punishable by death.

10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    I think Brett is just a misunderstood soul ... I mean, a grown man wearing Crocs? Really?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,042
    NOW I get it :rolleyes:. Crocs !!!!

12. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    PT never said that??? Sheeee-ooot .... now I have to alter my schtick. ;) Particularly frustrating in that I'm soooo resistant to change.

Heard that Brett was up in the Twin Cities last week, or the week before, stopped in to Vikings OTA and tossed the ball around with a couple of his friends... anyway, one of the Vikings players called Brett the greatest Viking ever. Odd that Brett showed up before Adrian??? :)

"Could be, wascally wabbit.... could be.... " :)

13. Robert Mason

Robert Mason Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +145

Wolf, Favre saved the Packkers !