Time For The NFL Players Union To Go On Strike Until Roger Goodell Is Sh#tcanned And Refs Shookup

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL Rules committee is a massive failure in their attempts to turn the league into being players safety focused. The bad calls against Clay are evidence of this, and it is 100℅ Roger Goodell's fault. He has ruined the on the field product on top of turning nothingburgers into international scandals like deflategate, and this current mess with the refs fixing games is his doing. The FBI should be investigating him for corruption and running a bribery scheme.

Time for the NFL players union to man up and take their game to the next level. If they're concerned about their national anthem protest rights, they should use it as part of a plan to have a big old strike against Goodell and the league right now

Tell the stupid greedy pig owners they will turn this strike into a bigger one than 1982, and they will not take the field until Roger Goodell gets sh#t canned, a new rules committee controlled by fans is setup, and fines deducted out of officials paychecks if they throw too many flags in games. The league must be fixed and only can be once the greedy pig owners are sent a message like this.

Reaction score
Just another reason why fans are turning NFL football off and spending more time watching the Badgers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another reason why fans are turning NFL football off and spending ore time watching the Badgers.

And it's cuz the stupid owners are out of touch and are trying to cover up Goodell's crimes. The only way the league is going to be saved is by players draining owners wallets theough going on a big strike.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think we should have Goodell Skype in from his office next week during pre-game shows with LT there...and have LT full force hit him, repeatedly, until 100% of everyone involved with football from players to coaches, to talking heads to fans, trainers, gms, owners etc. ALL understand roughing the passer, and LT KEEPS hitting him until EVERYBODY understands.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why strike? Players are supposed to play by the rules and if rules change, they change too.

Goodell is in power because he's a astute businessman and he keeps the NFL money flowing in. When ratings start to drop and sponsors start hesitating, he'll have to change.

AAF is scheduled to start early 2019 and XFL follows in 2020. There will be some competition no matter how successful they may be.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why strike? Players are supposed to play by the rules and if rules change, they change too.

Goodell is in power because he's a astute businessman and he keeps the NFL money flowing in. When ratings start to drop and sponsors start hesitating, he'll have to change.

AAF is scheduled to start early 2019 and XFL follows in 2020. There will be some competition no matter how successful they may be.

1. You go on strike for the same reason every other union does. If a company has implemented bad workplace policies, you send them a message that they get no more workers until they fix that sh"t.

2. Wrong on all counts, Goodell has never run a fvcking business in his life. He isn't anything more than a limo driver who got the job cuz his dad was a politician. What kind of stupid owners hire a fvcking limo driver to run a league?

3. Those leagues will last about 1 year

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no need to waste my time and energy and emotions on this sport that is run by people who just snicker at their fans. not me, folks! I gave them a chance since the kneeling shenanigans but there is an old saying in wisconsin, maybe in michigan or alaska or texas: fool me once shame on you, fool me.....hold my beer, i'm going to kick some....!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. You go on strike for the same reason every other union does. If a company has implemented bad workplace policies, you send them a message that they get no more workers until they fix that sh"t.

2. Wrong on all counts, Goodell has never run a fvcking business in his life. He isn't anything more than a limo driver who got the job cuz his dad was a politician. What kind of stupid owners hire a fvcking limo driver to run a league?

3. Those leagues will last about 1 year

1. What part of protecting QB is bad workplace policy? It protects players so they have no cause to complain.

2. You need to read up on NFL revenus and Goodell.

3. Let's see. I think Vince's XFL will last longer and he has learnt lessons from the farce that it was before.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

problem is not players following rules but refs being partial to certain teams and players. there were two flags that should have been called on washington for roughing the passer. those two tackles on rodgers was clearly what should have been prime examples of these so-called new rules. even if packs did well yesterday and those flags were still called on clay, that would have raised red flags for me. I would have said enough. no team should be subjected to this partial officiating crap. fans spend their time and money on this league only to be pi&&sed on.

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just beyond confused as to why what Clay did is a penalty, but when ARod gets suplexed it's not a penalty? If they're goal is to protect QBs, they should probably call penalties on all the plays that are UNSAFE... a form tackle becomes UNSAFE when you land on the QB apparently, but a tackle is not UNSAFE when you get picked up, flipped over, and slammed to the turf head first.

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah, that's right, players are going to forego their paychecks to make a point about a rule. I expect that to happen on Saturday.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now you're off your own topic. ;)

A little, but I'm just saying players can use other things in the strike to get leverage on Goodell and the owners.

You do realize right that the owners have way more to lose money wise than the players right? If you start hitting those greedy pigs in their wallets they will give you what you want.

People around here seem to forget that players have gone on strike before in this league and gotten what they wanted. They should do it again.

H

HardRightEdge

A little, but I'm just saying players can use other things in the strike to get leverage on Goodell and the owners.

You do realize right that the owners have way more to lose money wise than the players right? If you start hitting those greedy pigs in their wallets they will give you what you want.

People around here seem to forget that players have gone on strike before in this league and gotten what they wanted. They should do it again.
See post #14 above.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Owners stand to lose 40% of their income. Players will lose 95%.

You are way overboard on your emotions. It's a rule in a game. Now they should strike to get more money in the middle of a CBA because Clay got hosed in a couple of calls? That is not even remotely a possibility. If a single player (even clay) thinks that's a good idea I would be shocked.

The NFL is a self governed league. Why do people get upset with Goodell? He has nothing to do with it. His job is to enforce what the NFL decides. The teams decide. A competition committee (comprised of coaches) establishes all the rules and the refs are told what to call. Goodell has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are way overboard on your emotions. It's a rule in a game. Now they should strike to get more money in the middle of a CBA because Clay got hosed in a couple of calls? That us not even remotely a possibility. If a single player (even clay) thinks that's a good idea I would be shocked.

The NFL is a self governed league. Why do people get upset with Goodell. He has nothing to do with it. His job is to enforce what the NFL decides. The teams decide. A competition committee (comprised of coaches) establishes all the rules and the refs are told what to call. Goodell has nothing to do with it.

Ridiculous on all counts. Where are you getting those fabricated numbers? I guarantee you those owners would go bankrupt without players on their fields and fans in their stadiums, especially considering they would find themselves millions of dollars in debt being unable to pay for the brand new stadiums like the gargantuan ones that are suposupp to be built in LA and Las Vegas. They get no money if a big old strike like 1982 happens.

And your little spew on Goodell having nothing to do with the various is as bad as saying the President of the United States has nothing to do with laws being put on the books because he doesn't write them and Congress does. No, that's not true, he drives the agenda and that's what Goodell does over the league's policy committees.

H

HardRightEdge

Now they should strike to get more money in the middle of a CBA because Clay got hosed in a couple of calls? That is not even remotely a possibility.
It's not only not possible, it's a non sequitur.

Note to those wishing to "disagree": That means the second thing does not logically follow from the first. I hope that's "useful". LMAO

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. What part of protecting QB is bad workplace policy? It protects players so they have no cause to complain.

2. You need to read up on NFL revenus and Goodell.

3. Let's see. I think Vince's XFL will last longer and he has learnt lessons from the farce that it was before.

Is the position of NFL quarterback a marquee position in pro sports? Yes it still is for the moment. What makes it so, part of it is the peril they face every time they drop back to pass. In particular the manner in which they have to operate physically and mentally despite being under duress. Take that away and you're left with a position that requires less technical skill than say golf, or pitching or hitting in baseball, less athleticism than with star basketball and soccer players, less toughness than your typical hockey player, less endurance than Nascar drivers. If rule changes suck away the compelling nature of the position then what is the point of watching?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are way overboard on your emotions. It's a rule in a game. Now they should strike to get more money in the middle of a CBA because Clay got hosed in a couple of calls? That is not even remotely a possibility. If a single player (even clay) thinks that's a good idea I would be shocked.

The NFL is a self governed league. Why do people get upset with Goodell? He has nothing to do with it. His job is to enforce what the NFL decides. The teams decide. A competition committee (comprised of coaches) establishes all the rules and the refs are told what to call. Goodell has nothing to do with it.

Exactly the place to attack these rules is in the press. The league has to know that their revenue source, fans, is not happy right now. The sporting press has to realize that part of their livelihood depends upon fans continuing to watch this game. Heavy criticism has caused the NFL to about face in the past, see referee lockout and the Ty Law rules on pass interference.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly the place to attack these rules is in the press. The league has to know that their revenue source, fans, is not happy right now. The sporting press has to realize that part of their livelihood depends upon fans continuing to watch this game. Heavy criticism has caused the NFL to about face in the past, see referee lockout and the Ty Law rules on pass interference.
Yup. They monitor these things, it is a billion dollar business. When all I hear on radio and TV (national shows, not just wisconsin) is how stupid the call is and how frustrating the game is to watch, I am sure there are aot of meetings on damage control going on right now.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have nothing to do with each other. What a dumb post.

Oh really, a CEO who gets paid in 100s of millions of dollars and has no revenue responsibility :rolleyes: Wonder if I can apply for the job.

I can understand the hate against him and the direction League is heading, but doesn't mean ridiculously stupid statements can be thrown about. He's managing a 75bn dollar business enterprise and to dismiss him as a limo driver is just nonsense.

Staff online

Members online