Tight Ends stretching the field

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From everything I've heard(from Bubba. packers.com multimedia)

The Tight Ends are going to be stretching the field, running deep a lot. Bubba said "He's(McCarthy) been stretching the field with us(tight ends) for the whole time we were at camp."

ALSO, from what I gathered, this camp was basic offense\defense, basic 1st and 2nd down plays.

This excites me! Franks and Lee gonna have to get it done.

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good to me!!! I really like Lee, and I miss seeing Bubba catching the ball for 1 yard all the time.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not picking on or calling any one out, but here is what Jags had to say:

""Dave Martin always looks good," Jagodzinski said. "I told him if he could stay healthy once, we might have something."

Both Bubba Franks and Martin said they were excited about plans to use the tight end more than in recent seasons.

"We've got to get Bubba involved in the passing game," Jagodzinski said. "The tight end should get at least five, six catches a game. Bubba is what he is. He's going to be a short-to-medium guy and I know he will do a great job on the edge for us blocking."

Donald Lee showed some real potential last season, it will be interesting to see what he can do with a season of experience and a full training camp to learn the offense (unlike last season when he was brought in off the street).

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh i see what you did there vikefan... you took a pop culture reference and applied it to the situation. thats really really funny. who do you think you are Jay Leno. its time to come ashore and burn that joke.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was that supposed to be an 'evil laugh' form of 'LOL'? cuz that's how i read it... you know, like, hahaha, muahahahaha... something like that. correct me if i'm wrong, but in WCO the te's go deep to pull coverage away from the short routes that the wr's run, thus allowing the wide receivers more room to make a move after the catch... right? so, i wonder if the TE's catches will be on their deep routes, or if the deep routes are just used to open the field for the wr's, and the te's receptions would also be of the short variety... does that make sense to anyone but me?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts