Tidbits from Ben Maller

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said that he spoke "at length" to quarterback Brett Favre "six or seven days ago" by phone. He called the conversation "very positive," but said that he didn't think Favre's decision on whether to retire was imminent. Like Thompson said earlier this week, McCarthy said he would like Favre to make the call before free agency begins a week from today. "That'd be the hope," McCarthy said. "I plan on talking to him (again) in the near future."

NFL teams with the most space under the salary cap include the Arizona Cardinals ($23 million), the Minnesota Vikings ($21 million under), the Green Bay Packers ($19 million under), the Cleveland Browns ($18 million under) and the San Diego Chargers ($17 million under).

The Packers biggest bonus is a $3 million payment to quarterback Brett Favre due around the second week in March. If Favre hasn't decided by then on whether to retire, the date can be negotiated back to allow him more time.

Ravens RB Jamal Lewis envisions a "fresh start" in free agency, saying he would be interested in playing for the Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots or division rival Pittsburgh Steelers.

-I wasn't aware that the roster bonus could be pushed back to allow Favre more time. Good news is that we're no tlocked into that bonus. Bad news is Favre can take more time.

-Not sure if TT has any interest in Jamal Lewis, but it's good to know that Jamal wouldn't be opposed to coming if TT calls. I wonder how much $ he'll be looking for?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Lewis said he's willing to go to 2 top winning teams (Patriots and Pitt) or 2 teams with the largest amount of cap space and need RB help.

Don't think I need to state the obvious here, but obviously he's looking for either a shot at the Super Bowl or he'll settle for a big paycheck.

Members online

Latest posts