Tickets

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys know about the current ticket policy/procedure? I heard now you can only use tickets that are displayed on a phone to get into a game? Someone else said that you need an Iphone for this to work. I have a smartphone but it is a bargain basement one, I don't have much confidence in it, I couldn't get it to scan a bar code properly for example. Is this really the only way to get into a game these days?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mine were all on iPhone, but my brother transferred me some from his phone and he doesn’t use an iPhone. I think any smartphone works

D

Deleted member 6794

What do you guys know about the current ticket policy/procedure? I heard now you can only use tickets that are displayed on a phone to get into a game? Someone else said that you need an Iphone for this to work. I have a smartphone but it is a bargain basement one, I don't have much confidence in it, I couldn't get it to scan a bar code properly for example. Is this really the only way to get into a game these days?

The ticket policy is explained here:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but just in case you do need an iphone, you can send them to mine if you'd like :)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do not issue paper tickets anymore and you can not print at home, so it has to be on your smartphone. It also has to be in your smart wallet, can't be a screenshot since the barcodes automatically change every few seconds to avoid fraud.

About the only requirement is that your phone needs to have NFC (near field communications) technology so that they can scan your phone. My old iphone 7 should have had that technology, but it never worked. Therefore every time I went to a game, I had to find one of the ticketing supervisors that had a tablet. They would then have to look at my phone, look up the ticket, send me a link, etc.... It was painful every time.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do not issue paper tickets anymore and you can not print at home, so it has to be on your smartphone. It also has to be in your smart wallet, can't be a screenshot since the barcodes automatically change every few seconds to avoid fraud.
None of this sounds promising. What do you mean smart wallet, and why do you need a smart wallet? My phone program doesn't have data on it, but if the stadium has free wifi I could connect. At this point doesn't sound like I'll be going to any games. My girlfriend has a nice phone, could she show her ticket and then mine on her phone?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can all be on the same phone, and if you need one, I will give you mine to go to the game and trust you'll swing back by and drop it off on your way home :)

Though I can't be responsible for all the texts you may get during the game, but feel free to answer them

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can all be on the same phone, and if you need one, I will give you mine to go to the game and trust you'll swing back by and drop it off on your way home :)
I haven't even considered the thought of borrowing someone's phone, I wouldn't think too many people would lend you their phone at all, let alone for a trip to Green Bay.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't even considered the thought of borrowing someone's phone, I wouldn't think too many people would lend you their phone at all, let alone for a trip to Green Bay.
then keep your girlfriend, she'll be able to hold both of your tickets on her phone :) You'll be fine

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean smart wallet, and why do you need a smart wallet?
I assume the wallet access is built into the app. Or you can access the cloud storage via a web browser.
My phone program doesn't have data on it, but if the stadium has free wifi I could connect.
It does have free wifi

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny stuff^

I have another question. I know someone who just got season tickets. Under this new system, how does one go about selling some of them if they don't want to go all the games?

D

Deleted member 6794

I have another question. I know someone who just got season tickets. Under this new system, how does one go about selling some of them if they don't want to go all the games?

I guess season ticket holders receive an individual game ticket for each one being played at Lambeau.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, we don't get hard tix. All tix are electronic. I sold mine through the Packer app which is tied to Ticketmaster. Easy process.
Can you set the price, or are they sold at face value?
What percentage does Ticketmaster take, do you remember?

D

Deleted member 6794

If you take a look at the prices for Packers home games on Ticketmaster you can definitely sell them above face value.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can definitely sell above face value. Last year I sold my Rams game for more than $100 above face per ticket. I don't recall the Ticketmaster fee.

Members online

Latest posts