Thursday Night Game vs. Bears

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thinking of pulling the trigger on buying tickets to the Thursday night game vs. the Bears.

I have been to Lambeau 3 times before but all for Sunday games. Does anyone have any experience with Thursday night games? Is tailgating as fun or as extreme?

Any other advice that can be offered would really help on what to do and what to see on a Thursday night. I have been to the new Packers HOF and loved it. Going with the wife this time as opposed to my father who is a non-drinker so I would imagine we would want to tailgate as well. Is it cool to just walk up to random people? Do they tailgate a lot on Thursday?

Thanks!
GO PACK GO

swampdonkey1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been to a MNF game a couple years ago which i would think is similar to TNF. It seemed like fans were more upbeat and ready to party than a noon game. I'm guessing locals and other coming to the game are well awake and ready to party for a night game more than if it was a Sunday afternoon.

People in the stadium parking lots are pretty open to letting people come up and hang out. We've played beer pong and other games at random peoples' tailgates before and were always welcomed! Just make sure you bring your own drinks, most people are open to sharing food but sharing a beer isn't as easy ha ha.

If you get parked early you can look thru the vendor stuff without big crowds around. I wouldn't do one of the ''all you can eat/drink'' paid tailgate things, just bring a backpack for drinks and walk around. The Tundra Tailgate Zone has live music and short lines for drinks and stuff also. It's also 'indoors' if it's nasty weather outside.

I'll also be at the Packers v Bears game, I can't wait to get to town!

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be coming from Phoenix. I get there Wednesday evening. 2014 was the last time I was there so I'm excited to see the new HOF. where are you guys coming from and what are your plans?

Members online

Latest posts