Thurs night

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you expecting from the Packers on Thurs. night? I'm looking the them to bounce back with a good performance. Get the O line settled. And have the D gel better and improve with Grady and Hunt back.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, I admit that I usually post on the positive when it comes to the Pack but I need to tell you that I've been expecting a good performance for some time now during the preseason and it hasn't happened. Hopefully, Thursday it will.

Our offense has scored 10, 7, and 3 points in 3 games so far. A little scary when the defense struggles the way it has.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For whatever reason, we have not matched up very well with the Titans over the last several seasons. They kicked our butts at home and on prime time last year. To be quite honest, I don't care whether we win or lose the game, as long as the O-line plays with a little more cohesion, the D-line gets some pressure, we slow down their running game, eliminate the penalties and cover the kickoffs/punts a little better.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see our starters go in offensively and score a couple of TD's in the first half. Show the league that we will put up numbers in spite of a young defense that may take some time. I think we will all see a great improvement with Jackson plugging the middle and allowing the LB's some room to run and make plays. Our LB's are a little small, especially Nick in the middle and Manning in the mix. They can run like gazelles but need the O-Lineman to keep their hands off and the only way that happens is if we can have a couple of huge bodies inside.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't expect the starters to play a whole lot. I think and hope we get to see Rodgers for an extended period of time.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I don't expect the starters to play a whole lot. I think and hope we get to see Rodgers for an extended period of time.

Sadly, I think you're right except Nall will get much more time in this game as well. It's too bad b/c I know the risk of injury is huge at this stage of the game, I really wish the offense would have been in more sync at this point b/c once again, everyone knew the defense's situation. Who knows? Maybe the Pack will light up the scoreboard on Sept. 11 while the defense holds Harrington and the Lions in check and all will be forgotten.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO NEW INJURIES!!!!!!

Get pre-season over with and get ready for the Lions.

The only position this game may decide is who will be #2qb and who will be #3. I don't care what has been said or written, The starters have been picked, they will be playing together for the next 12 days getting ready for opening day.

Let's get to the real thing and see what we have!!!!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am looking for but one thing...that we DO NOT **** our pants in all three phases of the game...as has been the norm this pre-season!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On offence: I would expect Nall to play 3 quarters, maybe the first half with the 1st string O-line. The offence needs to put together some long drives and score 2-3 TD's.

On defence:
I would like to see Grady play 1 quarter if he can handle it. Hunt??...who knows if he can even contribute. Manning should get some quarters in as well as Thomas, Hawkins, and Collins.

And maybe they can do a better job on the punt coverage & punt return team.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, the final PRE-SEASON game. Bill "Motormouth" Maas the other night said teams view the third game as a time to work out the starters, then back off on the fourth game to let the 'bubble' players have one last shot to make the team. From what I read today, that appears to be what the team is doing. Apparently the starters are only going to play into the second quarter.

Green Bay's depth is my main concern. This team is a mile wide in talent and just one inch deep. If a starter goes down, it's trouble, with the exception of the offensive backfield.

I watched a small amount of Sherman's TV show(most of it is drivel) but Mike seemed to make it clear that the coaching staff doesn't view the pre-season as a 'must win' kind of thing...rather to try things with different players and see what happens. I can understand that....but when you go into the season with virtually no continuity on either side of the ball(and especially the special teams) it shows.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i want to see huntjackson and jenkins at DE for a series. I want to see the starting oline for a couple series as well. Other than that, they could lose 32-10 for all I care, JUST STAY HEALTHY, and get our new starters and guys coming back from injuries some reps. word.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Brett and the receivers. What I will be watching for in the first 2 quarters is our O moving the chains and getting some points. I don't need to see the BJ weekly workout in the first half. I want to see the OL showing good pass protection and for the love of god I want to see that they can lay down some blocks and get some lanes opened for our RB's. If the OL can't get our RB's some running room I will have much more concern for our opener.
As far as D, I want to see how we play with the big fellas in, that is, if they aren't too gassed from 3 days of practice. With Jackson and Hunt playing to their abilities I think our D will be running as designed in Bates system.
And no injuries, as Net stated, our depth is puddle deep.

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Thomas play on defense also. I would like to see him beat out Carroll for improvement on the D and a bigger CB.

Pack14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would like to see improvement in all phases of the game. It would be nice to see the packers Offense put together a few scoring drives. Interested in seeing the defense with Jackson back.

Members online

Latest posts