Throwing out a new name

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Around the web on nfl.com r reporting that Jonathan vilma can have a trade

im not quite sure if this guy can play braddy pops postion but im sure he can

Vilma has received permission from the Jets to shop himself for a potential trade, the Daily News reports. While a trade isn't a certainty, Vilma, with one year remaining on his rookie contract, is looking for a long-term deal. Vilma's value took a hit because of major knee surgery last November, but sources believe the Jets could get a third-round pick, perhaps slightly higher, in return if he is healthy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...2/2008-02-22_jonathan_vilma_can_fly_away.html

on other news Alge Crumpler
Crumpler will begin talking to prospective teams on Friday at the Scouting Combine, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Crumpler told the paper he has seven teams he may meet with: Green Bay, Buffalo, Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Tennessee. "My agent was getting so many phone calls that I thought it would easier just to go there and meet with everybody," he said

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Around the web on nfl.com r reporting that Jonathan vilma can have a trade

im not quite sure if this guy can play braddy pops postion but im sure he can

Vilma has received permission from the Jets to shop himself for a potential trade, the Daily News reports. While a trade isn't a certainty, Vilma, with one year remaining on his rookie contract, is looking for a long-term deal. Vilma's value took a hit because of major knee surgery last November, but sources believe the Jets could get a third-round pick, perhaps slightly higher, in return if he is healthy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...2/2008-02-22_jonathan_vilma_can_fly_away.html

on other news Alge Crumpler
Crumpler will begin talking to prospective teams on Friday at the Scouting Combine, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Crumpler told the paper he has seven teams he may meet with: Green Bay, Buffalo, Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Tennessee. "My agent was getting so many phone calls that I thought it would easier just to go there and meet with everybody," he said

Didn't Vilma play the Mike? I don't remember.

That's good to hear that at least Green Bay is meeting with Crumpler. Crumpler + Lee = Death!! (to all opposing teams).

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i personally think that crumpler has seen his best days.

BUT

if there is no bidding war and we make a move for him. i would love to have two tight ends that are of high caliber

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crumpler has definitely seen his best days... because he was Mike Vick's only target. Vick was smart enough to get the ball in his hands.

Any of those other QB's? They aren't as good as Vick.

If Favre thinks he's a target, he'll get it in Crumpler's hands... and Crumpler will make others pay.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crumpler has definitely seen his best days... because he was Mike Vick's only target. Vick was smart enough to get the ball in his hands.

If Favre thinks he's a target, he'll get it in Crumpler's hands... and Crumpler will make others pay.

Everyone is better than Vick.

Everyone.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vilma could def. play the SAM. He's an athlete for sure.

TT is willing to trade draft picks for decent players (see Ryan Grant)

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom, you can't say Vick is bad. He is as a human being, but on the field, he was gold. He got the Falcons deep in the playoffs a few years back. And now look at the Falcons after him going away. They suck balls.

OP
OP
M

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think trom was saying vick was bad for the dog fighting (which he is btw) i just think he was voiceing his view on vick as a football player and imo i think vick is 1 of the most OVERATED player in NFL history

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a crappy QB who could not deliver the football with any consistency.

That team fell apart because of a near-sighted/inept front office who got rid of Plan B in Matt Schaub...even knowing Vick has serios character/leadership flaws, and saddled the team with a horrible HC in Petrino.

The ripple affect of the front office is what sent this team down the *******, not Vick's departure.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Everyone is better than Vick.

Everyone.

If the whole dog fighting thing never happened, if I had the choice between Vick or Grossman as my QB, I'd take Vick.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vilma is born to play Mike in a 4-3. He's been playing in the middle of a 3-4, which has led to his numbers failing to meet what his talent should be producing.

I think he's a way better fit somewhere that can play him in Nick Barnett's position.

But on the side note, I likey me some Crumpler!! :D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers_Finland said:
Trom, you can't say Vick is bad. He is as a human being, but on the field, he was gold. He got the Falcons deep in the playoffs a few years back. And now look at the Falcons after him going away. They suck balls.

Agreed. I'd put Vick (if the dogfighting never happened) right in the middle of starting QBs. he was NOT a good passer, but he got points. Teams had to focus on his running ability, which opened up some things.

I have a bad memory of Vick racking up 27 points against us in the Playoffs and there wasn't a dang thing we could do about it.

OP
OP
M

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was able to rack up 27 points cos our defence was sooooo bad i really cant stand vick if he wants to run every play FFS be a RB cos hes arm sucked

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was able to rack up 27 points cos our defence was sooooo bad i really cant stand vick if he wants to run every play FFS be a RB cos hes arm sucked

He could complete 10 yard passes. He couldn't complete anything down field.

The thing is, you'd have a LB making sure Vick doesn't burn you up the middle, and then Vick would complete it to the TE that is now open because the LB is looking at Vick. Then the LB covers the TE on the next play and Vick runs for a first down. He'll do that all day long. It's very frustrating for an opposing D.

Whether we like it or not, Vick generated results. Look at the Falcons without Vick. They're horrible now. Look at when Vick was injured. They sucked.

Members online

Latest posts