1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Throwing out a new name

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mortfini, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Around the web on nfl.com r reporting that Jonathan vilma can have a trade

im not quite sure if this guy can play braddy pops postion but im sure he can

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...2/2008-02-22_jonathan_vilma_can_fly_away.html

on other news Alge Crumpler

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Green Bay has to be one of the most attractive options for FA's who want to win it all in 2008

3. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Didn't Vilma play the Mike? I don't remember.

That's good to hear that at least Green Bay is meeting with Crumpler. Crumpler + Lee = Death!! (to all opposing teams).

4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i personally think that crumpler has seen his best days.

BUT

if there is no bidding war and we make a move for him. i would love to have two tight ends that are of high caliber

5. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Crumpler has definitely seen his best days... because he was Mike Vick's only target. Vick was smart enough to get the ball in his hands.

Any of those other QB's? They aren't as good as Vick.

If Favre thinks he's a target, he'll get it in Crumpler's hands... and Crumpler will make others pay.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Everyone is better than Vick.

Everyone.

7. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vilma could def. play the SAM. He's an athlete for sure.

TT is willing to trade draft picks for decent players (see Ryan Grant)

8. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trom, you can't say Vick is bad. He is as a human being, but on the field, he was gold. He got the Falcons deep in the playoffs a few years back. And now look at the Falcons after him going away. They suck balls.

9. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think trom was saying vick was bad for the dog fighting (which he is btw) i just think he was voiceing his view on vick as a football player and imo i think vick is 1 of the most OVERATED player in NFL history

10. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He is a crappy QB who could not deliver the football with any consistency.

That team fell apart because of a near-sighted/inept front office who got rid of Plan B in Matt Schaub...even knowing Vick has serios character/leadership flaws, and saddled the team with a horrible HC in Petrino.

The ripple affect of the front office is what sent this team down the *******, not Vick's departure.

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the whole dog fighting thing never happened, if I had the choice between Vick or Grossman as my QB, I'd take Vick.

12. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vilma is born to play Mike in a 4-3. He's been playing in the middle of a 3-4, which has led to his numbers failing to meet what his talent should be producing.

I think he's a way better fit somewhere that can play him in Nick Barnett's position.

But on the side note, I likey me some Crumpler!! :D

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. I'd put Vick (if the dogfighting never happened) right in the middle of starting QBs. he was NOT a good passer, but he got points. Teams had to focus on his running ability, which opened up some things.

I have a bad memory of Vick racking up 27 points against us in the Playoffs and there wasn't a dang thing we could do about it.

14. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he was able to rack up 27 points cos our defence was sooooo bad i really cant stand vick if he wants to run every play FFS be a RB cos hes arm sucked

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He could complete 10 yard passes. He couldn't complete anything down field.

The thing is, you'd have a LB making sure Vick doesn't burn you up the middle, and then Vick would complete it to the TE that is now open because the LB is looking at Vick. Then the LB covers the TE on the next play and Vick runs for a first down. He'll do that all day long. It's very frustrating for an opposing D.

Whether we like it or not, Vick generated results. Look at the Falcons without Vick. They're horrible now. Look at when Vick was injured. They sucked.