Throwback Uni's

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Wow Chant! I think your the first to like the helmets! :wow:

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the whole look, if only because its trying to put a modern spin on an older era. of course the transition isn't going to be seamless, but its not like they could be out there sporting leather helmets...

After the game, i wouldn't mind getting a Driver or Jennings retro (Blue and Gold looks GOOD on me :) )

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, it was fun to see em in a different color uni, but man, you think about how much money was spent on that, for a overall disappointing look. Ah well. Definitely forget that next time. Just borrow some Uniforms from Notre Dame next time. LOL

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
whats everyones favorite alternate uniform?

I have two.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and

The last one violates the cardinal rule (helmet should always match either the jersey or the pants), but it's so damn cool I don't care.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Favorite alt would be San Diego Chargers.

I felt we went against the wrong team for wearing the Packers alts, all the brown and gold went bad. I didn't look at the TV much, but looking at the game, it seemed like a mess. The sharpness of the Yellow and Navy was great, the brown wasn't that much. :( Still think they should of went with either matte brown, or just yellow helmets.

Yeah, it was fun to see em in a different color uni, but man, you think about how much money was spent on that, for a overall disappointing look. Ah well. Definitely forget that next time. Just borrow some Uniforms from Notre Dame next time. LOL

I was disappointed more by how they only really did one thing to mention them during the game, at the game, and that was sing the Packers old fight song. Plus figure that the cheerleaders would of been in blue instead of green. If you are going to spend the money make it all out.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
My fav is probably the Bills. I love that royal blue... And well pretty much the whole thing.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Put me down as one who thought the throwbacks were ugly. They probably looked good in 1929 when the world was in black and white. It also REALLY upset me to see Aaron Rodgers on the sideline with that blue and yellow beanie on. It looked TOO much like purple and yellow! It gave me the ******* big time.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers wore these colors LONG before the Rams came into existence, folks. One can say the Rams unis where "copied" from old Packer uniforms.

The Wearing Of the Green (and Gold)

The Packs attire has changed quite a bit in it's long history, usually the result of the head coach.

Yesterday the Pack looked like the Pack of old, not at all like some other current NFL team.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the throwbacks, something different. I wasnt huge on the pants and helmet either at first, but when I saw the old uniforms and how much alike they were I liked them more, hope we throw em on again. We are 1-0 in them you know hahaha

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real 1929 uniform:

I think they could have left the helmet yellow, since Curly copied the original colors from Notre Dame--but maybe they were uncolored leather--not sure. The brown helmets were ridiculous.

I like the true gold pants instead of yellow and they should change our present yellow to gold. We are the Green and Gold.

These aren't truly throwbacks, but someone's idea of modernizing the old uniforms. Another way to make money.

I wouldn't mind if we had both blue/gold and green/gold uniforms with the present style, saving the blues for special occasions.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
and they should change our present yellow to gold. We are the Green and Gold.
No.

The Packers right now have an iconic look. It's also one of the NFL's best looks. It should never be changed. Much like Pittsburgh, Oakland, and Dallas should never change their basic uniform design or colors.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

The Packers right now have an iconic look. It's also one of the NFL's best looks. It should never be changed. Much like Pittsburgh, Oakland, and Dallas should never change their basic uniform design or colors.

I like our look too, Jess. Lombardi added the G on the helmet, which should never change; and I like the present uniforms' striping and numbers. But seems to me the yellow and the green has become brighter over the years, I suppose for tv purposes. A return to darker shades of green and yellow (i.e. gold) would be a return to the original colors, which would be no problem for me. The blue also is rooted in our history, and the present uniform with blue instead of green would be fine with me for certain games.

I hope we never see a "modernizing" of the uniforms with something like the "motion G", or the goofy Nike-like stripes on the pants that are popular now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts