Throwback uniforms to be worn against 49ers

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Dang it, the one game i can't try and go to. I wanted to go to the Packers throwback game and see it all in person. Oh well there will always be all those fun trivia stuff on T.V. and the rude commentary on our new Alts. Anyone find it odd that the reason that their reason to wearing them so late in the season is because they are afraid of the heat? I was kind of hoping they would wear them against the Giants, one of the other old teams.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see them wear the present uniforms in blue and gold for occasional games, instead of these "throwbacks" that never existed and are truly ugly. I wouldn't even mind if they changed the present yellow to the gold color permanently, like Wolf was thinking of doing. As Wolf said, the colors are Green and Gold, not Green and Yellow. History would support the change either to blue or to gold as well.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see them wear the present uniforms in blue and gold for occasional games, instead of these "throwbacks" that never existed and are truly ugly. I wouldn't even mind if they changed the present yellow to the gold color permanently, like Wolf was thinking of doing. As Wolf said, the colors are Green and Gold, not Green and Yellow. History would support the change either to blue or to gold as well.

agreed

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look at your avatar of JB. This is the uniform these throwbacks are supposed to represent. The only real difference is because the circle had to be enlarged to accomodate the large numbers the NFL requires today. I find it very cool that the team wants to honor the 1929 team that won the first of our 12 NFL Championships.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at your avatar of JB. This is the uniform these throwbacks are supposed to represent. The only real difference is because the circle had to be enlarged to accomodate the large numbers the NFL requires today. I find it very cool that the team wants to honor the 1929 team that won the first of our 12 NFL Championships.

Pugger, I hate to disagree with you since you're usually spot on--but true "throwbacks" are perfect reproductions of old uniforms, not modern day designs that are something like the old uniforms. I love the history of sport in general, and especially of old uniforms in football and baseball. But these uniforms are created strictly to make money, not accurately reproduce the old uniforms or honor the old teams, imo. They are not historically accurate, and I don't like changing history to fit the present. I would buy a true reproduction of an old uniform (I'd love to have the Mitchell-Ness repro of Hornung's), but I wouldn't buy one of the many "throwbacks" the Packers have worn through the years.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger, I hate to disagree with you since you're usually spot on--but true "throwbacks" are perfect reproductions of old uniforms, not modern day designs that are something like the old uniforms. I love the history of sport in general, and especially of old uniforms in football and baseball. But these uniforms are created strictly to make money, not accurately reproduce the old uniforms or honor the old teams, imo. They are not historically accurate, and I don't like changing history to fit the present. I would buy a true reproduction of an old uniform (I'd love to have the Mitchell-Ness repro of Hornung's), but I wouldn't buy one of the many "throwbacks" the Packers have worn through the years.

But the Packers really could not be historically accurate with the numbers on the jerseys, could they? If you want to blame anyone for the fact that the jerseys will not be perfect reproductions look at the NFL rules as they are today. I like the fact that the Packers are honoring the 1929 champions. I seriously doubt these will be big sellers. Most of the fans' posts I've seen on this and other forums are not very complimentary towards these throwbacks. ;-)

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, the jerseys go on sale tomorrow through Thursday. Is this the ONLY time they will be on sale??

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, the jerseys go on sale tomorrow through Thursday. Is this the ONLY time they will be on sale??

"The third jersey collection and sideline apparel, inspired by the Packers first world championship from 1929, will be available all season after the showing this week. The helmet is solid brown and uniform pants are tan."

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd be really, really pissed if they changed it to a Notre Dame type gold. Wouldn't changing the colors to blue or a true gold because of history be a slap in the face to the Lombardi era Packers, who are just as important to the history of this team?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts