1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Throwback uniforms to be worn against 49ers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Dang it, the one game i can't try and go to. I wanted to go to the Packers throwback game and see it all in person. Oh well there will always be all those fun trivia stuff on T.V. and the rude commentary on our new Alts. Anyone find it odd that the reason that their reason to wearing them so late in the season is because they are afraid of the heat? I was kind of hoping they would wear them against the Giants, one of the other old teams.

3. +RAY+

+RAY+ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I cant wait to see these, and hopefully to buy one!! Love these uniforms!!!

4. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    this is gonna be awesome!

5. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I cant wait! I saw the pics of Nelsons throwback in the Atrium.

6. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    I would like to see them wear the present uniforms in blue and gold for occasional games, instead of these "throwbacks" that never existed and are truly ugly. I wouldn't even mind if they changed the present yellow to the gold color permanently, like Wolf was thinking of doing. As Wolf said, the colors are Green and Gold, not Green and Yellow. History would support the change either to blue or to gold as well.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    agreed

8. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Look at your avatar of JB. This is the uniform these throwbacks are supposed to represent. The only real difference is because the circle had to be enlarged to accomodate the large numbers the NFL requires today. I find it very cool that the team wants to honor the 1929 team that won the first of our 12 NFL Championships.

9. Wolvi

Wolvi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    So when can we buy these babies?

10. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I am sure China will have them very soon.:icon_cool:

11. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Pugger, I hate to disagree with you since you're usually spot on--but true "throwbacks" are perfect reproductions of old uniforms, not modern day designs that are something like the old uniforms. I love the history of sport in general, and especially of old uniforms in football and baseball. But these uniforms are created strictly to make money, not accurately reproduce the old uniforms or honor the old teams, imo. They are not historically accurate, and I don't like changing history to fit the present. I would buy a true reproduction of an old uniform (I'd love to have the Mitchell-Ness repro of Hornung's), but I wouldn't buy one of the many "throwbacks" the Packers have worn through the years.

12. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    But the Packers really could not be historically accurate with the numbers on the jerseys, could they? If you want to blame anyone for the fact that the jerseys will not be perfect reproductions look at the NFL rules as they are today. I like the fact that the Packers are honoring the 1929 champions. I seriously doubt these will be big sellers. Most of the fans' posts I've seen on this and other forums are not very complimentary towards these throwbacks. ;-)

13. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, the jerseys go on sale tomorrow through Thursday. Is this the ONLY time they will be on sale??

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    "The third jersey collection and sideline apparel, inspired by the Packers first world championship from 1929, will be available all season after the showing this week. The helmet is solid brown and uniform pants are tan."

15. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I'd be really, really pissed if they changed it to a Notre Dame type gold. Wouldn't changing the colors to blue or a true gold because of history be a slap in the face to the Lombardi era Packers, who are just as important to the history of this team?

16. don_frosto

don_frosto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Very excited to see these on the field. Definitely will be a different experience :)

17. Wolvi

Wolvi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I want an Acme Packers Hat!

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Prefer the green and gold/yellow myself.

It's not the "Blue Bay" Packers is it?

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I like the previous throwbacks better than these.