1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Through the mail autographs

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by nathaniel, Jul 23, 2007.

1. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wanna do it. Where would I send it to , If I wanted to send a card to Donald Driver?

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just send it to the Packers' address.

Attention: Individual Player/Coach Name
    Green Bay Packers
    P.O. BOX 10628
    Green Bay, WI 54307-0628

Cheesey had some great advice about auto requests earlier in this thread, so check out his posts.

3. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When I was a freshman in college (1961) my roommate for the first semester was from Chicago. We bet who could get the teams QB autograph faster....him the Bears, me the Packers. We both mailed letters off to the respective teams and kind of laughed and said, "yeh, sure, Starr and Wade are going to send us autographs."

I got a letter back within two weeks, and not only did Bart Starr sign the card, but he had the ENTIRE starting offense sign on one side, and the starting defense sign the other. And another card with some of the reserves. In all there were 33 autographs.

I think my roommate is still waiting.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh man Bob.....do you still have it??? If so, post some pix of it so we can see it!

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey, there are TWO items I can't find in all my stuff......A signed Henry Aaron rookie card and that one from Starr. I know it is in some junk from my mom's house but where it is???? Hmmmm, my brother seemed to be spending money left and right last year!!

I think it is in some picture album somewhere, but I haven't seen it in years.

6. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's crazy. I recently sent a request to Mr. Starr, and received a letter and a brochure about a memorial fund in memory of his son. He requests a $25-35 donation to the fund for an autograph. I haven't done it yet, but that is a more than reasonable price for his auto. I'm hoping to send it out soon.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh man.......if i were you, i'd take the time to look for BOTH items. Before (if they haven't already) they get thrown out.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I would suggest NOT to wait. He's not getting any younger. The photos I took of Max McGee were from Fan Fest 2006. I wanted his autograph, but didn't get the ticket. He was signing for $40 for anyone else, but i didn't have the extra cash to get it. So i waited, hoping for another time........we all know how that turned out. :(

9. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Got one back from Colin Cole today. I didn't have an actual card of him, so I made one that has a Hawkeye logo watermark to sign over. I'm thinking about posting pics of the autos I get. I'll try to get to it soon.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    My sister got a Henry rookie card from her neighbor for helping them move

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh.....thats SWEET! :shock: :D

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Yeah and when she told them what it reall was worth they said so, you deserve it..

But the son of those neighbors wasnt to happy

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh yeah.........an Aaron rookie is one valuable and RARE cards. I have SEEN a couple in card stores, but never had one of my own.

14. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My dad, who is 58, had a ton of baseball cards when he was younger, but my grandmother threw them all away after he moved out and joined the Air Force. He doesn't remember what all cards he had, but I can't help but think he had to have had something that was valuable. He did say he's almost certain he had a Mickey Mantle card. That's why I'm holding on to all my cards. They may never reach the value of some of the old cards, but I want to atleast have them to pass down to my kids and grandkids some day.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats good thinking. I have heard SO many horror stories about people throwing out baseball cards. Heck, they were just "baseball cards!" Who thought they wouls EVER have any real value? I sold a box of 1964-65 baseball cards my brother left to me to my teacher in the early 1970's. I got $5 and passed his class.
    I had Mantles in there, Pete Rose rookie, Willie Mays, and so on. The ONLY card I kept, and STILL have was Hank Aaron's 1965 Milwaukee Braves card.
    I STILL kick myself for selling them.

16. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Got one back today I wasn't expecting to get.

Aaron Rodgers! From what I've heard, he doesn't sign through the mail very often, so I feel extremely lucky!

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sweet!
    I never sent him anything through the mail.........but i met him twice, and got him to sign 2 of my photos i took of him.

18. BCheezy

BCheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got one from Kurt Warner.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    What team did you send it to? I mean, did you get it when he was with Arizona, or earlier in his career?
    Just for the heck of it, i went through some of my Packer autographs the other day. I sat down with my Packer media guide, and marked off all the past and present Packer players i have autographs of. I'm sure i'm missing a few, but i counted at least 97. Not counting multiples i have of some players.

20. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there even any room left on your helmet? Haha! They'll have to start signing their names really small!

21. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did any1 see that story yesterday on fox about mail it was the year hasselbeck, white and farve where playing Anyway hesselbeck used to check his fan mail everyday but there was normaly nothing any way 1 day he had 1 mail from a fan he opened it and ii said

"dear mr hesselbeck Brett Somtimes dont anwser his fan mail please can you ask brett for a autograph"

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Actually........NO! There is no more room on it! (I'm not complaining though!!!)

23. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I dont have a single NFL autographs, I only have 2 Hawkeye autographs Bruce Nelson (Former Center for Carolina) and Grant Steen (Former LB for New England.) Both are from my town, Both are great people. I dont have an NFL collection of autographs, but am thinking of starting one.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It can be alot of fun. The day i got my helmet signed, i was hoping to get one or two sigs, ended up with 44! You just never know how it will end up.
    Oh.......and the way it is in the photo........it's like that on the other side too!

25. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a decent (ever-growing) former Hawkeye autograph collection. I have Colin Cole, Aaron Kampman and Abdul Hodge from the Packers, and a bunch of others from other teams. Some of them I got through the mail, a few I got in person, and some I bought. If I think about it, I'll start posting pic of the autos I get. I'll scan my Hawkeye autos too so you can see them, cyoung.