Threads and structure

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

One thing that sometimes annoys me here is that there is no real structure reagrding threads and certain topics. While I like the sectioning of the big forums( Packers, Brewers, Bucks, NFL in general etc.) , there is a lack of structure in these forums. What I mean is that there is no real thread for the postional groups , coaching staff and there are way too many threads for every single thing happening. The newest example is the "Graham getting cut tomorrow" thread which seems completely unneccessary to me. All these little threads make the forum confusing at times and the some discussions , while being related, are seperated and therefore shorter than they should be.

So my proposition is :

- create threads for every single position group. In these threads everything regarding the positional groups can be discussed without needing to jump between threads to get the full context on something certain topics/discussions.

- a thread for the coaching staff devided by offense , defense and special teams. A thread for every coach would be unneccessary although the HC probably deserve a thread on his own. Same for the GM and the Front office in general.

- seperate threads for Free Agency , Draft, and the Offseason program like OTAs and training camp. These can be done for every year and when a new year starts, the old one get archieved and new ones will be created.

- game day/ week threads for every new game/week ( obviously). But this is already common in here.

- maybe a thread for certain players. The starting QB will always be discussed more than anyone else and the same for other star players that are more discussed than others.

- a thread for the Practice squad players but that is not that neccessary because they dont play that big of a role and arent discussed that much.

- maybe a thread for potential cuts cuz I am not sure if it really fits in the Free agency thread.

- a thread for cap discussions.

So that is my suggestion to solve the at times confusing or not-existent structure in this forum. I am only reading in the Packers forum because I am not a fan of the other sports so I dont know how the structure is there. This is just a thing that I quickly came up with so it may not be perfect but it would be nice to see what you guys think about it.

Greatings from Germany.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd get lost in the minutia.

To me, none of it matters. I hit "new posts" and comment when I feel like it :)

I have no idea where the thread is located, nor do I really care.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hello everyone,

One thing that sometimes annoys me here is that there is no real structure reagrding threads and certain topics. While I like the sectioning of the big forums( Packers, Brewers, Bucks, NFL in general etc.) , there is a lack of structure in these forums. What I mean is that there is no real thread for the postional groups , coaching staff and there are way too many threads for every single thing happening. The newest example is the "Graham getting cut tomorrow" thread which seems completely unneccessary to me. All these little threads make the forum confusing at times and the some discussions , while being related, are seperated and therefore shorter than they should be.

So my proposition is :

- create threads for every single position group. In these threads everything regarding the positional groups can be discussed without needing to jump between threads to get the full context on something certain topics/discussions.

- a thread for the coaching staff devided by offense , defense and special teams. A thread for every coach would be unneccessary although the HC probably deserve a thread on his own. Same for the GM and the Front office in general.

- seperate threads for Free Agency , Draft, and the Offseason program like OTAs and training camp. These can be done for every year and when a new year starts, the old one get archieved and new ones will be created.

- game day/ week threads for every new game/week ( obviously). But this is already common in here.

- maybe a thread for certain players. The starting QB will always be discussed more than anyone else and the same for other star players that are more discussed than others.

- a thread for the Practice squad players but that is not that neccessary because they dont play that big of a role and arent discussed that much.

- maybe a thread for potential cuts cuz I am not sure if it really fits in the Free agency thread.

So that is my suggestion to solve the at times confusing or not-existent structure in this forum. I am only reading in the Packers forum because I am not a fan of the other sports so I dont know how the structure is there. This is just a thing that I quickly came up with so it may not be perfect but it would be nice to see what you guys think about it.

Greatings from Germany.

The trouble is rigidity in the thread will and always has caused more problems than it's worth in my opinion. I totally agree when some are breaking their necks to be the first ones to post a subject, and we know who they are, but picking people up for slight momentary deviations seems to cause more trouble than it's worth in my honest opinion.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have been giving this more thought. Maybe set up something like a section in the Adult Asylum like a "Virtual bar", similar in the style of the shoutbox were people could go to and just chew the fat ? Just a suggestion.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So my proposition is :

Greatings from Germany.
I appreciate the thought you put into this structure, and in an ideal world this would work.

But we’re dealing with human nature. Just my opinion - the threads seem to follow the topic for 2, maybe 3 pages - and then people begin to digress to other topics (and I’m guilty of this).

So I just don’t think it would work. It is a good reminder to all of us though to try and maintain some discipline when 1) creating a new thread (“Graham to be Cut” is just too granular and more appropriate for the Shoutbox) and 2) when responding anywhere in a thread, especially the ones that have gone 3 pages plus in length.

For the most part I really like this Forum, the diligent work of the Forum leaders, and find it be the best amongst the different Packer discussions.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This is going to take some getting used to. I like that fact that I don't see a page covered in ads, but as with any new formatting...it will take time.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the announcement should be "Packer Forum goes undercover and in the dark"......is this to reflect the mood of the organization right now? ;)

PFAdmin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a work in progress this morning. The feature is not gone. It's being added in - unfortunately, you may have to click ignore on the forums/threads/users again.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No need to stop what you are doing to answer, but I assume a lot of the "changes" are temporary while the site is under construction? I just noticed all the YouTube links are broken, I hope that isn't disappearing permanently?

<sits patiently now and waits to see the final product>

PFAdmin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No need to stop what you are doing to answer, but I assume a lot of the "changes" are temporary while the site is under construction? I just noticed all the YouTube links are broken, I hope that isn't disappearing permanently?

<sits patiently now and waits to see the final product>
Feel free to report them using the report button, or submit them here.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’ve been wandering around in Packer Forum cyber space since I logged in. I can’t even figure out how to log off and I’m getting scared in here. I keep knocking on doors and nobody knows me
I was on when it went dark momentarily....figured I had finally gotten the permanent boot that Buggy kept holding over my head if I didn't send him money!

Going to take some getting used to, but change is good...right? :ninja:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now the Million dollar question.....was the ignore feature expanded to be a 2 way one? :D

Members online

Latest posts