Thoughts on Round 1

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manziel will be a big bust. How can he have so much fanfare already? Don't think he will balance the limelight with the hard work necessary.

Marcus Smith was quite a shocker. Looked at him for the Packers, would have mocked him in the 3rd.

NE pulled a Justin Harrell with taking Dominque Easley. A DL who would have been drafted much higher if he wasn't injured. We shall see if he they have any better luck.

Rams got much better. They came away with 2 true impact players. I actually thought Donald would go in the top 5 and shock some people. He will dominate and STL is going to have an amazing DL this coming season.

Bears: They did okay. They have so many defensive holes, I don't know that Fuller will have that big of an impact. Its too easy for an offense to just avoid one player - especially a CB - if Fuller turns out to be good.

Lions: Dang! I did not see that coming - drafting a TE. This guy is going to be real good, and I sure didn't want the Lions, with Megatron, to have another big talented reciever.

Vikings: Dang! I laughed at the Vikings picks last season, this year - not so much. Bridgewater is a good QB and to get him at the end of the first is impressive. If they use him right, he will be a serious upgrade for a QB starved team. Barr I have my doubts. I have no doubt he could be a tremendous player, but he is more athletic than talented at this point. If he buckles down and works at it - he will be huge for their defense, but I think it will take a year or two.

When KC traded in front of the Packers, I was dissappointed. Thought the only reason they would do that is to take Haha. Shocked that they took Cooks. They were apparently jumping the Eagles and TT probably didn't want to deal. HaHa was a no-brainer and I am betting he does very well.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manziel will be a big bust. How can he have so much fanfare already? Don't think he will balance the limelight with the hard work necessary.

Marcus Smith was quite a shocker. Looked at him for the Packers, would have mocked him in the 3rd.

NE pulled a Justin Harrell with taking Dominque Easley. A DL who would have been drafted much higher if he wasn't injured. We shall see if he they have any better luck.

Rams got much better. They came away with 2 true impact players. I actually thought Donald would go in the top 5 and shock some people. He will dominate and STL is going to have an amazing DL this coming season.

Bears: They did okay. They have so many defensive holes, I don't know that Fuller will have that big of an impact. Its too easy for an offense to just avoid one player - especially a CB - if Fuller turns out to be good.

Lions: Dang! I did not see that coming - drafting a TE. This guy is going to be real good, and I sure didn't want the Lions, with Megatron, to have another big talented reciever.

Vikings: Dang! I laughed at the Vikings picks last season, this year - not so much. Bridgewater is a good QB and to get him at the end of the first is impressive. If they use him right, he will be a serious upgrade for a QB starved team. Barr I have my doubts. I have no doubt he could be a tremendous player, but he is more athletic than talented at this point. If he buckles down and works at it - he will be huge for their defense, but I think it will take a year or two.

When KC traded in front of the Packers, I was dissappointed. Thought the only reason they would do that is to take Haha. Shocked that they took Cooks. They were apparently jumping the Eagles and TT probably didn't want to deal. HaHa was a no-brainer and I am betting he does very well.
The Lions and the Vikings did well. The Bears selection of a CB is dumbfounding. I thought they would take a S. Well thank God they didn't because if that happened, Clinton Dix is NOT available at 21. Maybe the Bears are happy with M.D. Jennings at Safety. That's really hard to fathom given the Bears play the Packers twice a year.

I'm more comcerned with the Lions selecting Ebron. Ebron and Megatron on the same offense is scary to think about. Then again, Stafford has to have the discipline to runthat offense, and he makes some incredibly bad decisions at the absolute worst time.

The Lions will be the Packers primary competition for the NFC North title. I believeGB's defense will be better, maybe much better, and that should help them take another NFC North title. More to come today and tomorrow.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

KC didn't trade. They also didn't take cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KC didn't trade. They also didn't take cooks.

Other than that, I was right on the money.

I meant New Orleans. They traded right in front of the Packers and I assumed that meant they wanted a player that the Packers would likely want.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than that, I was right on the money.

I meant New Orleans. They traded right in front of the Packers and I assumed that meant they wanted a player that the Packers would likely want.

They signed Byrd. Why would they take Dix? They traded up to avoid the chiefs or eagles taking cooks. Chiefs need a WR badly, eagles want to replace Jackson.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They signed Byrd. Why would they take Dix? They traded up to avoid the chiefs or eagles taking cooks. Chiefs need a WR badly, eagles want to replace Jackson.

Good point. Did not think of Byrd at the time. Just looked it up and the Saints were actually the #2 ranked pass defense. Thought they sucked. My bad.

Staff online

Latest posts