1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Thoughts and prayers goes to the Connecticut School shooting

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Lunchboxer, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    My thoughts are going to those affected by that horrible school shooing yesterday.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,081
    Not a whole lot of words for this, just a lot of emotions.

3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,025
    Sadly it is the way the world is. Actually am optimistic in that some lone-wolf wannabe terrorist did not do this sooner. Except for the nutjob in Europe that shot up the camp a while ago, kids have not really been targets. Thankfully.

4. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    My thoughts & prayers are w/the families & friends that lost loved ones. Some idiot had to show his stupidity.

5. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 This is the life.

Ratings:
    +960
    Utterly cowardly act, its always against the weak and vulnerable. Tragic beyond comprehension.

6. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Too bad he shot himself. Wish I could have been the one to put that bullet in his damn head./dexter

7. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    While many will focus the man who did the shooting, let us focus on the kids who died. If you remember one of their names instead of his. Here is the one I will remember. I will never forget those eyes.

Emilie Parker, age 6.

[​IMG]

8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    While I agree with that sentiment, if we don't focus on the "man", if you want to call him that, then there is no way to prevent such things in the future. He must be examined closely to understand what we're looking for before these freaks do their thing.

9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    Let others focus on him. I think we put way to much out there on the people who commit these acts. They want to leave their "mark" in the world. People remember the names of the shooters in Columbine but know one remembers the names of the victims. People remember Timothy McVeigh, but know one remembers his victims names. They have succeeded in their narcissistic way of being remembered. I won't even type this guys name. I hate to say it, but we can't stop these people. Not all of them. You can look at him till your blue in the face and you will never know what set him off. The two shooters in Columbine not only were in the system but they had been in anger management classes. Didn't help and didn't stop them.

10. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I'm talking about recognizing characteristics of dangerous mental instability. This guy was CLEARLY mentally ill to all who knew him. He should have been committed long ago. And why would anyone remember the names of all of McVeigh's victims unless they made a conscious effort to look them all up and memorize them? You don't have to memorize names to have sympathy. How many victims' names of the Amish school massacre 5 years or so ago do you remember?

11. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    He shot his mother as well & slept in the same bed as well.