Thompson: Roster is "skewed"

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
I love how you refuse to understand Jackson faced off against starters multiple times in the preseason.

Do you still refuse to believe the earth rotates around the sun and not the other way around?

you're a tough nut to crack.

what were b-jacks stats for pre-season?
and do those numbers impress you?
ths guy is not a dominating runner, and his performance against the jags was scarry. the comments from MM about jackson were when he was playing against the third string.
i don't know what that has to do with the sun and the rotation of the earth, but that is your typical post.

1. He's a freaking rookie in his first NFL action.

2. There was no cut blocking.

3. The playcalling was basic and vanilla.

4. Jackson was top 10 in preseason among rookie RBs (NFL.com)

5. My typical post is making you look wrong, which I enjoy.

:)

here are b-jacks stats, and i am not the only packer fan worried 40 carries 130 yards
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=656009

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
dhpackr said:
I read jackson ran 4.58. and this is my beef w/the kid, he really hesitates b/f he makes his cut and runs to the hole. that is just not going to work in the ZBS. another thing, the kid was hurt throughout his career in college, so jackson being hurt now, does not sit well w/me.

jez, i love the Pack, not just #4, i hope i'm wrong, but so far, b-jack has done nothing to show me he is special.

He was only hurt in 2005 when he missed significant time with a shoulder injury. He played a lot as a true freshman and then obviously last year when he was 1st team All Big 12.

b-jack played 10 games freshman season, then 9 games his next two
here is a link
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft...go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11408

Actually, he played in all 14 games last year, but he started only 9 because they began the year with a committee approach and BJ wasn't the early season starter.

As I mentioned, the only season he had an injury problem was 2005. He came back from that and had the 1st Team All Big 12 season last year.

He also got a ton of work for a true freshman both as the main backup HB and the main kick returner.

I don't see any reason to say he was "hurt throughout his career in college."

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I love how you refuse to understand Jackson faced off against starters multiple times in the preseason.

Do you still refuse to believe the earth rotates around the sun and not the other way around?

ths guy is not a dominating runner, and his performance against the jags was scarry. the comments from MM about jackson were when he was playing against the third string.
i don't know what that has to do with the sun and the rotation of the earth, but that is your typical post.

I think you may be actually pushing me over to Trom's side. Just how many "Dominating" runners do you think there are in the NFL? Ther are MAYBE a handful of runners who are dominating. Tomilinson, Jackson, LJ maybe a couple more if you strech what you consider dominating. Some may Dominate for a stretch if everything goes there way but great running backs are rare in this world. Everyone thought Edge was dominating when he was a Colt and he moved and did nothing. The opposite can be said for Priest Holmes he was nothing before he went to KC. Hell even Brett couldn't get past third string in Atlanta. My point is every player's performance is effected by the system and the culture of the team they play for. Four weeks into their career is quick to write someone off. It will take some time for him to develop. Hell, we havn't even seen them fully implement this years playbook, weve seen a couple of vanilla schemes in some meaningless pre-season games. I don't know how good he's going to be, if I could see the future I would be in Vegas right now. But I'm willing to at least be cautiosly optimistic about him and this season.

Now as for the rest of the nonsens, I'm not young, I'm not a good speller and I live minutes away from the stadium.( I don't know why but that seems to matter to you.) I too remember the Starr and Infanti days. And if you think those teams are even comperable to what we have now then I just can't see you as being a credible judge.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
(im just waiting for zero to post that MM quote about he says Jackson is fast and has a quick burst)

(carry on, nothing to see here)

you mean when jackson is playing against a third string defense?

does this not make any sense to you?

Here is one from MM today:

(What have you seen from Brandon Jackson to make you comfortable with him as the starter?)

Talented young man, excellent lower body strength. He is explosive. I think he has natural running instincts. As far as how he's adapted to our offense, I think he continues to get better. I feel good about him on first and second down. He's getting better at third down and some of the specialty things that we're doing. I'm very comfortable with Brandon.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:

I think you may be actually pushing me over to Trom's side. Just how many "Dominating" runners do you think there are in the NFL? Ther are MAYBE a handful of runners who are dominating. Tomilinson, Jackson, LJ maybe a couple more if you strech what you consider dominating. Some may Dominate for a stretch if everything goes there way but great running backs are rare in this world. Everyone thought Edge was dominating when he was a Colt and he moved and did nothing. The opposite can be said for Priest Holmes he was nothing before he went to KC. Hell even Brett couldn't get past third string in Atlanta. My point is every player's performance is effected by the system and the culture of the team they play for. Four weeks into their career is quick to write someone off. It will take some time for him to develop. Hell, we havn't even seen them fully implement this years playbook, weve seen a couple of vanilla schemes in some meaningless pre-season games. I don't know how good he's going to be, if I could see the future I would be in Vegas right now. But I'm willing to at least be cautiosly optimistic about him and this season.

Now as for the rest of the nonsens, I'm not young, I'm not a good speller and I live minutes away from the stadium.( I don't know why but that seems to matter to you.) I too remember the Starr and Infanti days. And if you think those teams are even comperable to what we have now then I just can't see you as being a credible judge.

Green was a dominating, punishing runner, B-Jack is not, and should not be compared to Green.
Do you see where I am coming from?

i'll try to explain, the young part was about how a younger person... say in their 20's, has only experienced winning seasons in Packerland. Many on this forum are young, and when you speak negativley about the Packers, you are attacked. Before #4, & wolf, the pack stunk, people complained, and no one told you to leave or you were not a Packer fan.
the spelling part comes from whenever you get into a discussion with the guy, he tries to prove his superior intellegence by correcting your spellling and grammer errors. I feel that is silly.

And where did you get I was comparing the Starr and Lindy years to now?
When you watched the Bart Starr run, run, pass, punt offense, did you yell at your TV?
Does this make you less of a packer fan?
Just b/c I criticize the current GM now, much like I did Starr, does not mean I do not want the team to win.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
(im just waiting for zero to post that MM quote about he says Jackson is fast and has a quick burst)

(carry on, nothing to see here)

you mean when jackson is playing against a third string defense?

does this not make any sense to you?

Here is one from MM today:

(What have you seen from Brandon Jackson to make you comfortable with him as the starter?)

Talented young man, excellent lower body strength. He is explosive. I think he has natural running instincts. As far as how he's adapted to our offense, I think he continues to get better. I feel good about him on first and second down. He's getting better at third down and some of the specialty things that we're doing. I'm very comfortable with Brandon.

Let's see what the Eagles think of B-Jack, and how much we are chating about jackson's burst come Mon. a.m.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:

1. He's a freaking rookie in his first NFL action.

2. There was no cut blocking.

3. The playcalling was basic and vanilla.

4. Jackson was top 10 in preseason among rookie RBs (NFL.com)

5. My typical post is making you look wrong, which I enjoy.

:)

here are b-jacks stats, and i am not the only packer fan worried 40 carries 130 yards
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=656009

Some one already mentoned this but a lot of teams are going to have a hard time to run against Jax defense this year..

After Jax game, Larry Mccarren was talking to Scott Wells..He asked him about the running game and Scott basicly said this..

We were working on mostly regular running plays and switching different plays at the line, to get the guys used to it being done..He went on to say that w/o looking at the tape he was very displeased at how the O-L performed and didnt help out the rb..

Larry went on to say how people shouldnt get so worried on how the running game is looking, and that Jackson does mighty fine in practice cuz he has seen him and he feels he will be fine..

Lets look at other rbs close to his avg

Davenport 3.6

Jamal Lewis 3.6

Travis Henry 3.5

Julius Jone 3.5

Cedric Benson 2.3

Chris Henry 2.9

Willie Parker 2.6

~~~~

Point being?? REAL games dont start till Sunday relxas, dont worry until it looks like there is a BIG issue

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Last year, everyone up in arms that the pack let Longwell leave and Adam V get away..Cant go in the season they with a rookie kicker they were saying.....And what happened?

Now those same people are ticked that the Pack cut that kicker..

Now one is upset that you are mad about the situation..but games didnt ever start yet..I am pretty damn sure that if during REGULAR games the running game looks horrible others will be just a smad..

but until then relax and try to enjoy the 1st game!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm still sticking to the OL members saying they haven't shown much of their scheme and will be showing it full bore during the season. I'm not expecting much from the running game for at least two games.

If we get 80-100 in our first two games, each that would be 'decent'.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People were screaming about how the "O" line was being ignored and it turned out to be just fine with a great future.

People said our WR situation sucked and now that we see the talent there it seems it's not nearly as concerning.

People scoffed when we grabbed Pickett and paid Woodson a huge amount.

People asked "why all the attention on DEFENSE"? Now you say "wow, what a defense."

Now we just get by pre season and TT's an idiot because he hasn't addressed the RB situation.

I think I'll take the percentages here and say the RB situation has probably been handled in a way that we all find to be acceptable when it's all said and done.

Which is sad because some of the freaking cry babies around here will have to reach even further to find something to ***** about.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Add to the Pickett/Woodson thing. Even when those were signed people said Ted doesn't do anything in FA. He also re-signed Aaron Kampman who was being coveted by the .. VIKINGS. That was 3 players that according to ESPN top 50 list were in the top 15 that he signed or re-signed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Add to the Pickett/Woodson thing. Even when those were signed people said Ted doesn't do anything in FA. He also re-signed Aaron Kampman who was being coveted by the .. VIKINGS. That was 3 players that according to ESPN top 50 list were in the top 15 that he signed or re-signed.

But Kamp wasnt a f/a!!!! ( he was only hours away from it) but Zero you know that doesnt COUNT!! It cant count cuz he wasnt a f/a,..doesnt matter that Ted and the Pack decided they NEEDED and WANTED him so made him an offer to make sure he stayed

People up in arms that DD wanted a new contract and said Ted was to tight..Not only did he get one, he got 2 in consecutive years..Then the Barnett new deal as well.. Or the Bubba thing..People forget about those..

To think that Ted is the only person that decides on who to keep and who to bring in has to be crazy..He uses his coaching staff to HELP him on what players need to be replaced, or what guys can stay..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree with DH that Brandon Jackson is probably going to be a non factor for some of this season. I really don't think he's going to be the Packers #1 back for long. I liked him to be but he just didn't run away with the job and that makes me think Morency is going to get the bulk of carries this season.

I don't think it's fair to call Jackson a complete waste or a bust in his first year and after only 4 meaningless pre season games. However I think it's safe to say that I'd prefer if Marshawn Lynch fallen to #16.

I do agree with that people who say you can't judge the guy off of pre season. That's right. I am making a prediction as is everyone else. There is no factual evidence that come Sunday the Pack will go out there and dominate or get dominated. The unknown of the running game will make or break this team. Philly will blitz a lot. The Pack could come around and run screens and draws and it could really do some damage or Jackson could just play bad. We'll know on Sunday.

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green was a dominating, punishing runner, B-Jack is not, and should not be compared to Green.

i'll try to explain, the young part was about how a younger person... say in their 20's, has only experienced winning seasons in Packerland. Many on this forum are young, and when you speak negativley about the Packers, you are attacked. Before #4, & wolf, the pack stunk, people complained, and no one told you to leave or you were not a Packer fan.
the spelling part comes from whenever you get into a discussion with the guy, he tries to prove his superior intellegence by correcting your spellling and grammer errors. I feel that is silly.

When you watched the Bart Starr run, run, pass, punt offense, did you yell at your TV?
Just b/c I criticize the current GM now, much like I did Starr, does not mean I do not want the team to win.
Green was a Dominating rusher when he had a dominating line. As soon as that line started to go so did his production. I agree that B-JAck is not as good as Green but that doesn't mean he can't play at all. which is essentially been your point
You aren't attacked because you speak negatively about the pack. I speak negatively about them regularly but no one attacks me. You are attacked not because of what you are saying, you are attacked becasue the context you say things. You seem to to be here only to stir things up. Every topic somehow goes back to how neglected the offense is and how bad the season will be. I've said this before, there is a difefrence between having an opinion and having an agenda. You clearly are here with an agenda.
Do you see wher I'm coming from?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerGeek said:
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:

I'm not quite sure..........where are you coming from???LOLOLOL!!!
(Sorry! Couldn't resist!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the burden is on our o-line to create opportunities for the RBs to gain some yards. I think the emphasis for our RBs, as has been mentioned by Edgar Bennett, is pass protection.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i think the burden is on our o-line to create opportunities for the RBs to gain some yards. I think the emphasis for our RBs, as has been mentioned by Edgar Bennett, is pass protection.

That's way to deep. Our RB's suck. Keep it simple.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People were screaming about how the "O" line was being ignored and it turned out to be just fine with a great future.

People said our WR situation sucked and now that we see the talent there it seems it's not nearly as concerning.

People scoffed when we grabbed Pickett and paid Woodson a huge amount.

People asked "why all the attention on DEFENSE"? Now you say "wow, what a defense."

Now we just get by pre season and TT's an idiot because he hasn't addressed the RB situation.

I think I'll take the percentages here and say the RB situation has probably been handled in a way that we all find to be acceptable when it's all said and done.

Which is sad because some of the freaking cry babies around here will have to reach even further to find something to ***** about.

maybe someday they will learn... but im not counting on it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not gonna say BeastJack (im just trying that on for size, ill get back to you about it) is gonna go off for a 100 yards and 2 tds right yet.

i honestly think Jackson will start but him and Vernand will get around 10-15 carries each. this whole Mo not playing thing is secretive as all get out. and i dont buy into it...just a game planning procedure

BeastJack - 60 and a touchdown
Mo- 60 and a touchdown... and i will be a happy man (and any fantasy owners will be a pissed off man)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohhhhh BeastJack. I like that. Lets hope he can play to the level that deserves that name. I think he can(Maybe not right away though, which will equate him to a bust of course).

Latest posts