Thompson ready for Brett to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So now you speak for all of "the fans" as of they all agree with you? If only you knew how sad this really is...and no, that's not directed at anyone in particular nor am I going to elaborate. Life's too damn short.
I don`t see anything in his comments that say he speaks for all the fans, but he does express the same feelings that a larger minority than you claim are around. I`m not being funny here but you joined the Packerforum less than a week ago ?? feelings run pretty high with a lot of members on here. I`m in total agreement with you that this subject causes quite a stir on here, and I`d be all for banning the whole Favre thing full stop. I respect your opinion and your right to it, but there are quite a few who see things differently. I hope that will be the end of it for now at least.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I've been around a lot longer than that. I had to create a new login for tapatalk for reasons I'd rather not get into. Mods are aware of it. That said, polls indicate that the majority do not hold the hate forever no matter what view.

When he says "the fans" it implies "all fans" unless some kind of qualifier is used. It was a logical inference.

I

Actually I've been around a lot longer than that. I had to create a new login for tapatalk for reasons I'd rather not get into. Mods are aware of it. That said, polls indicate that the majority do not hold the hate forever no matter what view.

When he says "the fans" it implies "all fans" unless some kind of qualifier is used. It was a logical inference.
Well lets just agree to disagree on that point and leave it at that ?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets just agree to disagree on that point and leave it at that ?
I'm just echoing what polls on the matter have shown. If you want to think reality is 180° opposite of what the polls show, well...okay.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What polls?
There was a press gazette poll back in may asking if the packers should have favre back to retire his number. The majority said either "Yes" or "Not yet." Less than 30% said "Never."

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you, the percentage was even lower than I recalled. Apparently to some only that 13% is to be considered the fans.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There was a press gazette poll back in may asking if the packers should have favre back to retire his number. The majority said either "Yes" or "Not yet." Less than 30% said "Never."
Ok....

Going to use your technicality..So please do not take this the wrong way...Just something that everyone does..but you seemed to not like the FANS comment

You said FANS meant all

You said POLLS we know you dont mean all polls

If the vote were taken right NOW, would you vote to allow Brett Favre to make an open-arms return to Packer Nation?
Yes. Long overdue, too. 33%
Maybe. I want to see some sort of contrition, first. 37%
No. Go back to your tractor, ingrate. 30%
Total votes: 2795

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok....

Going to use your technicality..So please do not take this the wrong way...Just something that everyone does..but you seemed to not like the FANS comment

You said FANS meant all

You said POLLS we know you dont mean all polls

Show me one in this offseason where the "never" crowd is in the majority.

And I said when talking about "the fans" without any additional qualifier it is implied that you are speaking about all fans as a collective. That's not my technicality; it's English. I was merely noting that that statement was in error because most fans don't agree with the sentiment he was presenting as evidenced by the polls over the last 4 months or so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Show me one in this offseason where the "never" crowd is in the majority.

50-50 on this one.

http://www.thebig1070.com/articles/the-big-920-blogs-472956/poll-are-you-ready-to-welcome-11368294/

24% Yes, I never had any dislike for what he did.
27% Yes, time has healed my wounds.
27% No, the sight of him in purple and gold will always be too much.
22% Don't really care anymore.

the previous one I posted was more so not ready for him

http://czabe.blogspot.com/2013/02/poll-favre-thaw_8633.html

I

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

considering life`s too short to argue this subject, you keep coming back and taking a bite. You have your opinion and we have ours. You can take any INDIVIDUAL poll and quote those stats if it suits your argument. My stats were based on the opinions of those who have commented on previous threads on here. I took a survey of Packer fans living in the Birmingham area, working at the airport and the results were 100% against Brett Favre induction, and his number being retired.:tup:..........only joking there !

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Where do you get 50/50? "I don't care" doesn't translate to "never." It translates to "It doesn't matter either way."

Interesting that the poll has changed a ton in 10 hours..

When I posted it (the quoted part of my post) it was 27% yes bring him back and 27% no dont bring him back...

So that is 50-50

I

No LTF, my poll was definately 100% no :D Another one said 46% said he should be boiled in oil on the 50yd line, but that was possibly a bit extreme :rolleyes:

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
So now you speak for all of "the fans"
Yes. Some people think it would be a great job, but in truth it is a terrible burden, being the voice for so many thousands of people.

as if they all agree with you?
Not all of them do, unfortunately, but the special fans, the smart fans, agree with me 100%.

Yes it's hard out here for a ****.

If only you knew how sad this really is...
My cat died in 2010, that made me sad too. Thank you for your compassion in my time of grief.

Life's too damn short.
I agree 100%! It's better now though, we got a new kitten and he's a bundle of joy! It doesn't replace our lost friend, but it does help fill the void.

I've got pictures if you want to see them....

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Perhaps you would be right about that if that's what I was trying to do, but who said anything about changing anyone's opinion? I'm merely pointing out that this thing is going to happen regardless of anyone's opinion so what's the point in arguing about it in the first place other than to create more animosity here?
Of course you’re trying to change opinions as longtimefan pointed out - there’s nothing wrong with that so why deny it?
I fail to see how arguing over this crap can benefit anyone. This whole topic is a petty waste of bandwidth. That is my point, not changing anyone's minds. It's silly. Anyway... Last I have to say about it. If others want to waste their precious time banging their heads on a brick wall, fine
Twelve Thirteen posts by you on this thread, 7 8 after this post makes it look like you’re wasting your time banging your head, which of course is “fine”.

IMO Favre should be honored by the Packers posthumously. How's that for a compromise? :D

Last edited:
I

IMO Favre should be honored by the Packers posthumously. How's that for a compromise? :D

Jack ? If you were a politician I`d vote for you, although obviously if polls were taken you might not get in. :tup:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that the poll has changed a ton in 10 hours..

When I posted it (the quoted part of my post) it was 27% yes bring him back and 27% no dont bring him back...

So that is 50-50

In what universe? In that poll 51% say yes, only 27% say no and the rest don't care either way.

I

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

let it go FFS !

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering life`s too short to argue this subject, you keep coming back and taking a bite.

I'm not arguing about whether he should be brought back at some point. Its going to happen either way. That's the brick wall to which I was referring. I'm talking about how none of the polls support the idea that the majority are in the hater's club, as some want to think. A lot of people justified their hatred by saying they were taking Thompson's side on the issue. Those people find themselves against Thompson now that he's given his own public support. Like they say, haters gonna hate. I personally don't care either way. Whatever course the Packers take is fine by me.

I

I'm not arguing about whether he should be brought back at some point. Its going to happen either way. I'm talking how none of the polls support the idea that the majority are in the hater's club, as some want to think. A lot of people justified their hatred by saying they were taking Thompson's side on the issue. Those people find themselves against Thompson now that he's given his own public support. Like they say, haters gonna hate. I personally don't care either way. Whatever course the Packers take is fine by me.

I never gave a rats *** about what he did against Thompson, and I honestly think Thompson has taken it on himself to take the moral high ground and forgive his actions against the Packers. I accept its going to happen, its a business and they are going to make money from it, thats fine, but I`m sorry I cannot forgive and forget for many reasons, (some of them personal which I wont go into here....my bad). MY point mate was, given that some of the remarks made on this VERY forum, there are a lot of Packer fans who still feel very strongly against the man. When I said ask the fans, I meant the shareholder fans which should be easy enough to do, and based on THAT poll, we can settle this once and for all. WE, the thread contributors are not going to change YOUR mind, and YOU are not going to change ours, I dont say that to be confrontational, I say it because its true. I actually admire the fact that despite clearly swimming against the tide here, you keep going, but this is one of those conversation that is just gonna go on and on.
Lets just shake hands hypothetically and let the damn thing go please ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online