Thompson personally at Calvin Johnsons workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson | Wide Receiver | Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

While it is almost impossible for the best pure athlete and top wideout in the draft to elevate his stock any higher, Johnson only further solidified his placement with his Pro Day showing, March 15. Johnson recorded an impressive 42 1/2-inch vertical jump and an even more impressive 11-foot-7 broad jump, which is near Olympian level. Reportedly, Johnson was also very crisp during his receiving drills.

Notable personnel in attendance included nearly the entire Washington Redskins' staff and Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also rumoured Thompson had dinner with either Johnson himself or his agent and his family.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Thompson is lonely with nothing better to do and taking advantage of those free frequent flyer miles given to him by the Packers. I mean honestly, what good reason would he have to be there. Shouldnt he be attending to the Michael Turner or Randy Moss issue?

Bowechov

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All options are on the table.... If he thinks the guy is worth it I'm sure he would be willing to trade up.... The Team needs playmakers and could you imagine how nice our receiving corps would be with that guy if he is what people say he is? I mean Driver is over 30 and attention needs to be given to that position as well as all the others. Even if this were Favres last season we all know what an incredible deep threat can do for a young QB. I mean Culpepper was the perfect example..... Randy moss made Culpepper 10 times better than what he really was.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All options are on the table.... If he thinks the guy is worth it I'm sure he would be willing to trade up.... The Team needs playmakers and could you imagine how nice our receiving corps would be with that guy if he is what people say he is? I mean Driver is over 30 and attention needs to be given to that position as well as all the others. Even if this were Favres last season we all know what an incredible deep threat can do for a young QB. I mean Culpepper was the perfect example..... Randy moss made Culpepper 10 times better than what he really was.

Randy Moss is available at bargain basement price and he is a playmaker.

WAKE UP TT AND STOP WASTING YOUR FREQUENT FLYER MILES TO CHECK OUT THE COLLEGE CHICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way this makes sense to me is if he is trying to gauge Johnson's possible value to the Raiders and is still thinking of including Rodgers in a deal for Moss. Then he gets a more accurate gauge of what the Raiders may be thinking come draft day and can decide the urgency in making a deal.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way this makes sense to me is if he is trying to gauge Johnson's possible value to the Raiders and is still thinking of including Rodgers in a deal for Moss. Then he gets a more accurate gauge of what the Raiders may be thinking come draft day and can decide the urgency in making a deal.

Ok, now there is a half way decent reason for him to be there. Any other reason is a joke

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bowechov said:

WAKE UP TT AND STOP WASTING YOUR FREQUENT FLYER MILES TO CHECK OUT THE COLLEGE CHICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bowechov said:

Moss for a 1st is a bargain? All reporters state the Raiders are holding out for a 1st. They wanted two 1sts for Jerry Porter last year. Why would they give up Moss for a bargain? Now I agree that Moss can and should be had for a pretty reasonable price but Oakland is going to wait this thing out. My best guess is they get a 2nd for him and if the deal happens, it happens on Draft Day. Much like the Broncos did in acquiring Javon Walker a year ago. I hope the Packers are the team to jump on this deal and as of now Green Bay appears to be the only team interested in bringing in Moss. That gives them more leverage for now.

Bowechov

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry... Did I miss something??? There is no link for what I posted. It is strictly speculative. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd take Calvin Johnson ahead of Randy Moss at this point in his career...... Never know... Maybe Ted has been offered the option to move up to the 1 spot. We don't know.... Anything could happen.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bowechov said:

Lets see........Ted SEEMS to be doing nothing, and you want his head on a platter. He actually is seen doing something, and you want his head on a platter.
Hmmm......do we see a trend here?
Could the guy actually be covering all bases, in case something DOES come up where he might have the chance to make a deal? Or would you be happier if something DID happen where the Packers could have a shot at this guy, and TT had not bothered to show up to check out to see for himself if this guy would be worth it?
Seems to me, either way, you hate TT.
WE GET IT!
TELL ME that if something happened where we could draft this kid, and TT had not actually went there to check him out BEFORE the draft that you wouldn't be SCREAMING at him for not going there.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Bowechov said:

Moss for a 1st is a bargain? All reporters state the Raiders are holding out for a 1st. They wanted two 1sts for Jerry Porter last year. Why would they give up Moss for a bargain? Now I agree that Moss can and should be had for a pretty reasonable price but Oakland is going to wait this thing out. My best guess is they get a 2nd for him and if the deal happens, it happens on Draft Day. Much like the Broncos did in acquiring Javon Walker a year ago. I hope the Packers are the team to jump on this deal and as of now Green Bay appears to be the only team interested in bringing in Moss. That gives them more leverage for now.

Ive heard he was to be traded for a 2nd rounder. But anyway, he is worth a first rounder anyway. He is worth our first three picks in this draft. Draft picks are useless for the most part.

All we have to do is this, trade our first round pick for Randy Moss. Then, the money we would have spent on that first rounder, spend it on a free agent. Ahhhhh, what a concept.

Experienced Free Agent > Unproven rookie anyway so who cares about draft picks.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TELL ME that if something happened where we could draft this kid, and TT had not actually went there to check him out BEFORE the draft that you wouldn't be SCREAMING at him for not going there.

Grow up man, you know damn well like i do that we have no shot at getting Johnson. He will be gone by the 3rd or 4th pick at the latest. He is a bonafide stud.

Excuse the hell out of me if i want my team to get better. I guess i should apologize and look forward to another 8 - 8 season where guys drop balls, guys fumble balls, guys dont know what they are doing in the defensive backfield and receivers cant get open. We have no shot at winning the superbowl so why dont we play for 2009. Maybe we can develop our draft picks this year and in 5 or 6 years they might be able to compete for a playoff spot. Sounds like a plan.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive heard he was to be traded for a 2nd rounder. But anyway, he is worth a first rounder anyway. He is worth our first three picks in this draft. Draft picks are useless for the most part.

All we have to do is this, trade our first round pick for Randy Moss. Then, the money we would have spent on that first rounder, spend it on a free agent. Ahhhhh, what a concept.

Experienced Free Agent > Unproven rookie anyway so who cares about draft picks.

So was Reggie Bush, Maurice Jones-Drew, Demeco Ryans, Joseph Addai, Devin Hester, Mark Anderson, A.J. Hawk, Marques Colston all useless last year? Was Ben Roelisberger useless in 2005? That's a ridiculous concept. Heck was Randy Moss useless in 1998? I’ll argue that had the Pack picked Moss instead of Vonnie Holiday they could’ve gone to a 3rd straight Super Bowl. Boy picks sure seems pretty important now.

Should of the Vikings traded their pick for Herman Moore instead of taking Randy Moss? Moore was a veteran. He was a great player and a Pro Bowl player. That very same year Moore failed to eclipse 1000 yards and in fact he never did where as Moss went on to lead the Vikings to two NFC Championships including his rookie year but hey draft picks are useless.

Draft picks are a vital part of a teams immediate success and future success. Moss' future in Green Bay would be 2 to 4 seasons tops. If done right the 16th pick of the Draft could be here for a long time like A.J. Hawk should be barring injuries. I’m all for trading a 2nd for Moss. Reluctant but I’d pull the trigger but in no way would I value him higher than 3 Day 1 Draft choices especially on a team that needs more than just Randy Moss to compete for a Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts