Thompson or Favre

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
A wafflely re/un/in/uh retired QB
Or one of the Ghost Twins from the matrix.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
How about We Take Both

TT and BF show the love make up and move on

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are going to have to choose one or the other Packer fans

At least you will if you want to post on this forum. Apparently if you still like Favre, you are a "Favre Firster" and have no right to post here. :roll:

Funny how there is such a sense of deja vu about that..... Some things never change, I guess.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No you don't have too choose. I'm beginning too wonder if people really think that the city of Green Bay or the people who live in Green Bay has a lot of say in what goes on inside 1265. Like PFT seems to be hinting towards.

I own Packer stocks. I have zero say.

Bottom Line. There is no choice. The organization will go with the GM because well he's the GM. That's just the way it is. Nothing any of us can do regardless of our views.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JASHH said:
You are going to have to choose one or the other Packer fans

At least you will if you want to post on this forum. Apparently if you still like Favre, you are a "Favre Firster" and have no right to post here. :roll:

Funny how there is such a sense of deja vu about that..... Some things never change, I guess.

if you have a problem with the mods here send a pm to the appropriate party.

if you want to post in a thread, address the topic.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a 38 year old QB of the past. Thompson is one of the most respected GMs in the league who can give us a prosperous decade or more.

I'll rather take a prosperous future than a future of a prosperous past.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's stupid for anyone to think you have to choose.
But i'm a Packer fan first, and i'll stay with the team as long as i'm on the right side of the grass.
I appreciate what Favre did on the playing field here, but he brought this turmoil on himself with his indecision.
Why some people keep trying to blame others for what he himself did is beyond me. Even Favre admitted again tonight that no one forced him, he did it on his own.
Guess some people want to pick and choose what they hear.
I will always love the guy, but he put himself into this prediciment.
I really don't feel too sorry for him.
What i do feel is bad for the way the end of his career has gone here.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a 38 year old QB of the past. Thompson is one of the most respected GMs in the league who can give us a prosperous decade or more.

I'll rather take a prosperous future than a future of a prosperous past.

QB of the past? Like last year?

Most respected GM's in the league? By who? You and 3 other people on here?

Dont get it twisted, there is life outside of Green Bay. Before this incident, 99% of fans outside of Green Bay couldnt tell you who TT is. Not everything in life revolves around the Packers for everyone.

And as cheesy said, you dont have to choose between the two.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard alot of people say they respect TT and the job he has done here so far. I think he has built a pretty good team. He deserves credit for that.
And Favre admitted again last night that no one, not even TT forced him to retire, it was Favre's decision. And i don't blame the Packers for wanting a decision as soon as possible. Especially since the previous 2 or 3 years they had to wait a LONG time for Favre to let them know if he was or wasn't coming back. TT and MM have jobs to do, and they can't do their jobs if they have to sit on their hands till one player makes up his mind.
Heck.........I don't even know if Favre is 100% committed to play yet. I don't even know if he himself knows.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am now and always have been a Packer fan. I have enjoyed watching Brett play all these years. In many ways he has been the Green Bay Packers. What he won't be anymore is the face of the franchise. He will always be admired, but he no longer can be what Bart Starr, ******* Wood, Ray Nitchke, Paul Hornung, Jerry Kramer and host of others have become. You cannot badmouth the franchise as he has done and have that lifelong reverence. I said this on another post awhile ago, what Brett needs is his father. Unfortuantely Irv isn't here to tell him to shut up. Brett seems to think that he is bigger than the franchise and that's a shame. I am with Ted Thompson on this one. Brett appears to be a spoiled old guy.

Watching Brett in Chicago and in Green Bay at the last game made me realize that Brett's has come and gone. He can't play in the cold anymore, and it appeared as if he just didn't want to. In his younger years he would have accepted the cold as a challenge. This past year, the cold one out. Just retire Brett.

Members online

Latest posts