Thompson Optimistic About 2007

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8 in year 2 of a rebuilding plan, after a 4-12 season DOES mean something.

and it was done with a ROOKIE HEAD COACH and a SLEW of rookies(A SLEW DAMNIT!)

the fact that you still don't understand this amuses me.

edit - wait, you just changed the argument and subject! awesome! well done! My friend tom does that when losing arguments. Sometimes it gets by me, sometimes not. you got it by me(initially)! well played.

edit 2 - we're just rehashing the same stuff we always argument and you don't listen to, so...ill let others get their say in.

thread hijack OVER

Wow, I'm amazed you have friends. Then again I guess you can't play D&D and watch cartoons all by yourself.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is all good. It is the cycle of life.

It is kind of like a death in the family.

As soon as it happens the waves of sadness come crashing on shore, again and again and again. It is terrible and unbearable at first. Then the storm slowly subsides, the waves get smaller and smaller and less frequent until the waves eventually become waves of happiness.

In the end.... There are only great memories and smiles.

At this very moment that I am typing this there are two old 49er fans sitting over fresh opened cold beer in some dusky neighborhood bar re-living "The Catch" and Joe Montana's greatest games.

For those two old 49er fans the storm has passed. The only smiles now in a time of turmoil are smiles from the past and no one can take that away from them, even if they are smiles from re-living the past.

I will bet you anything that my Mother just read this post in heaven and said.... Atta Boy R.P. That is just how it is son.

R.P.

That's too funny, RP, that you bring up Montana. I was thinking the same thing, as someone who lived in SF through all that. "Real" Niner fans continued rooting for the Niners, but wished Montana the best in KC as well.

If Favre does get traded, I'd continue to be a Packer fan first, and a whatever-team-Favre-goes-to second.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really??? Teddy thiks that???

Sorry but I couldnt care less for what this jerk thinks or says..

He will be gone next year and he will be remembered as the arrogant jerk who wasted Brett´s last 3 years in the NFL,,,

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson isnt getting fired.

Sherman wasted Brett Favres last years.

and who says he is done anyway. oh thats right brett favre did when he told his team they are crap.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and who says he is done anyway. oh thats right brett favre did when he told his team they are crap.

don't degrade Favre in your backpatting of Ted Thompson. It's bad enough you look silly once, let alone twice

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Mike Sherman wasted Brett's last years. Funny, I don't seem to remember Brett ever being upset about the competitiveness and direction of the team back when Mike Sherman was here like he has EVERY YEAR that Ted Thompson has been here.

Some day many of you are going to actually going to have to hold TT accountable for his actions instead of always trying to blame others. I know it's hard to be objective when it comes to one's idols, but sometimes reality forces us to do so.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

don't degrade Favre in your backpatting of Ted Thompson. It's bad enough you look silly once, let alone twice

when did i look silly once?

im not degrading favre. i love the guy. im glad hes a packer. he went and did what he told Javon Walker not to do. it was wrong, he threw his team under the bus. regardless of what he felt, he went about it the wrong way.

where did i pat TT on the back ******? i said he isnt getting fired. he has a contract, he will at the very least play it out.

dont put words in my mouth in your hatred of Ted Thompson, its bad enough you always look silly.

im playing it cool and waiting for the facts, you are of course baiting and spouting **** that is worthless, keep up the good work pyle, your a real asset here.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Mike Sherman wasted Brett's last years. Funny, I don't seem to remember Brett ever being upset about the competitiveness and direction of the team back when Mike Sherman was here like he has EVERY YEAR that Ted Thompson has been here.

Some day many of you are going to actually going to have to hold TT accountable for his actions instead of always trying to blame others. I know it's hard to be objective when it comes to one's idols, but sometimes reality forces us to do so.

take your own advice.... righting off the manager, and the team, in your idol worship of favre.... call it down the middle.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of course not. Sherman spent freely, went crazy(stupid) with draft picks and due to that, the Packers managed to get playoff appearances mostly due to the weak NFC North(while the Bears were rebuilding during those YEARS, and now are a great team. You see where this is going? Of course you dont)

and do to Shermans spending and stupid picks, thats why we were in the hole we were in in 05, that this new guy is trying to get us out of, and doing ok of.

K, carry on. nothing to see here.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:

when did i look silly once?

im not degrading favre. i love the guy. im glad hes a packer. he went and did what he told Javon Walker not to do. it was wrong, he threw his team under the bus. regardless of what he felt, he went about it the wrong way.

where did i pat TT on the back ******? i said he isnt getting fired. he has a contract, he will at the very least play it out.

dont put words in my mouth in your hatred of Ted Thompson, its bad enough you always look silly.

im playing it cool and waiting for the facts, you are of course baiting and spouting **** that is worthless, keep up the good work pyle, your a real asset here.

How did he throw his team under the bus? Please tell me. He said he wanted more playmakers. Shouldn't the whole team want more playmakers?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett said what any man with balls would. He is in the ending years of his career and wants to win now. If the team isn't dedicated to winning now, he feels they should tell me so he can move on.

Get over it.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:

Of course not. Sherman spent freely, went crazy(stupid) with draft picks and due to that, the Packers managed to get playoff appearances mostly due to the weak NFC North(while the Bears were rebuilding during those YEARS, and now are a great team. You see where this is going? Of course you dont)

K, carry on. nothing to see here.

Yeah Sherman only had playoff appearances, Ted Goes a STELLAR 8-8! WTF are we thinking Lare?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey my name is donald driver, am i chopped liver.

hey my name is greg jennings, am i a peice of garbage?

When did he say Driver was chopped liver?
When did he say Jennings was garbage?

Don't Driver and Jennings want more weapons as well?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett said what any man with balls would. He is in the ending years of his career and wants to win now. If the team isn't dedicated to winning now, he feels they should tell me so he can move on.

Get over it.

brett knew what he was dealing with before the season started... if he didnt like it he could have easily have retired before the season started.

truth is, he cant help anyone else that is gonna be a contender next year. so he might as well shut it, and help us.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Get over it.

brett knew what he was dealing with before the season started... if he didnt like it he could have easily have retired before the season started.

truth is, he cant help anyone else that is gonna be a contender next year. so he might as well shut it, and help us.

Ok, nice write-up, now answer the question

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Get over it.

You know for a fact that management didn't tell Brett that this off season they were going to add some offensive weapons? That could have enticed him to return whereas if he wasn't advised that, he would have seeked a trade or retired.

I'm not saying it didn't, or did happen. Just saying, ya never know.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Zero2Cool said:

Get over it.

You know for a fact that management didn't tell Brett that this off season they were going to add some offensive weapons? That could have enticed him to return whereas if he wasn't advised that, he would have seeked a trade or retired.

then why are you saying bretts right if you dont know,

im not saying i know, but im also not saying Brett or TT was right... its a screwed up situation. regardless, brett shouldnt have dealt with it this way.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Packnic said:
Zero2Cool said:

Get over it.

then why are you saying bretts right if you dont know,

im not saying i know, but im also not saying Brett or TT was right... its a screwed up situation. regardless, brett shouldnt have dealt with it this way.

Huh? Dude, pay attention to what I'm saying before you try to call me out.

Regardless of being told anything, the fact is, NOTHING happened. That's what I'm saying he's upset about.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle......here is where you lose me......and probably 95% of the people on this site. You predicted the Pack at 5-11 at BEST last year, and Zero picked right on the mark at 8-8. No one here said that was "Super Bowl" like. Yet instead of being a man and admitting straight out that you were wrong and he was right, you just keep going.
It takes a bigger man to admit being wrong, then one that won't "man up".
I have made mistakes on here, and KNOW I'm not in any way even CLOSE to perfect. Yet you are confronted with your own words showing proof that you were wrong, yet you still can't face it and admit it.
They did MUCH better then you said they would.
They didn't do as good as i thought they would. I was wrong.
Now YOU try those 3 simple words.....can you do it?
Just admit you were wrong......without adding a bunch of "Thats the Super Bowl to you" comments?
Lets see what you are made of.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle......here is where you lose me......and probably 95% of the people on this site. You predicted the Pack at 5-11 at BEST last year, and Zero picked right on the mark at 8-8. No one here said that was "Super Bowl" like. Yet instead of being a man and admitting straight out that you were wrong and he was right, you just keep going.
It takes a bigger man to admit being wrong, then one that won't "man up".
I have made mistakes on here, and KNOW I'm not in any way even CLOSE to perfect. Yet you are confronted with your own words showing proof that you were wrong, yet you still can't face it and admit it.
They did MUCH better then you said they would.
They didn't do as good as i thought they would. I was wrong.
Now YOU try those 3 simple words.....can you do it?
Just admit you were wrong......without adding a bunch of "Thats the Super Bowl to you" comments?
Lets see what you are made of.

Uhhh, do I need to admit I was wrong? Isn't it right there in black and white?

How wrong was I? They were better because they played losing teams IMO. Thats why I think they will be 8-8 again at best, BUT perhaps I'm wrong.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Sherman only had playoff appearances, Ted Goes a STELLAR 8-8! WTF are we thinking Lare?

Great, Sherman got us to the playoffs. To bad he went 2-4, never getting past the divisional round by fielding such a lopsided team that could move the football but could never get the necessary stop when it was needed.

You could see the writing on the wall in 2004 for Sherman's Packers after Philadelphia absolutely destroyed us in the regular season. We could've won the rest of the games that season, but we would've never stood a chance against the Eagles come playoff time. The Vikings just ended our season a week earlier than expected.

I love how TT detractors are quick to point out he took a 10-6 team and took it to 4-12 in his first season. That's fine and dandy, but I can almost guarantee you we would've had the same or nearly the same result had Sherman stayed GM through 2005.

I like the job Thompson has done for the most part, because the youth and depth he's trying to build on the roster will be here for several years to come. I'm with the majority of people however that there was little or no excuse to not get Brett a weapon like Moss when it would've cost us nothing more than, at most, a late 3rd or early 4th round pick. I'm not going to throw my GM completely under the bus here just because of it though, because there will come a time when Brett isn't going to be here anymore, and that's probably going to be sooner than later after all the recent events that have transpired.

I'd honestly rather watch the 2006 edition of the Packers go 8-8 and potentially develop into contenders in upcoming seasons than watch Sherman's 2004 squad wallow away through a season knowing full well they had no chance at winning come playoff time no matter how well they did during the regular season.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go be a Patriots fan, pyledriver. You have no understanding of the team and of what it takes to go from a gutted Sherman core to a solid roster. You **** on the team for making great strides with a rookie HC and 4 rookie starters, and the youngest team in the league. There is no reason or logic behind your arguments or your criticism of Thompson.
I live in Massachusetts. I'm familiar with these fans who are converted baseball fans completely ignorant to what it takes to field a good football team. They are spoiled because they all became "fans" during the Superbowl years. I think you'd fit in perfectly.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom.

Thanks for shredding Pyle to pieces. That was pleasurable. It's even more fun watching him continually step in it.

These off season antics sure are entertaining. I'm beginning to think that Oannes and Pyle are more fun that football season.

Staff online

Latest posts