Thompson Optimistic About 2007

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packers general manager Ted Thompson was unwavering Sunday in his belief that Green Bay is well positioned to make tangible on-field improvement in the upcoming NFL season.

"We are optimistic about the 2007 season," Thompson said. "We feel like we've had a great offseason program - our guys are getting bigger and stronger - and we'll improve from within. We're also excited about the players we've added through the draft and what those players will bring to our team."

Responding to reports out of Mississippi over the weekend that Packers quarterback Brett Favre was frustrated, Thompson indicated that Favre and the Packers organization hold many of the same goals.

"I think it's natural for a player to be frustrated from time to time - that's simply being human," said Thompson. "Everyone knows that Brett Favre is all about winning. As an organization, we share that commitment. And we want to win now."

Asked specifically about any recent dialogue with Favre and whether or not the Packers quarterback had asked the team for a trade, Thompson added the following:

"We never comment on the talks we have with our players or with their agents, in line with the long-standing policy of our organization," Thompson indicated. "We try to encourage open and honest dialogue with players and their agents. But if those talks later are shared with third parties, the willingness of players to be open in future conversations may be compromised.

"We are excited about the upcoming mini-camp (May 18-20) and the summer preparations leading up to training camp."

Players report for training camp on July 27, with the first practice scheduled for the afternoon of July 28.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this sucks. just thought i'd share how i felt in case any of you were thinking, "hey, i wonder how bozz feels." well friends, wonder no more.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda hate all this ****... Sick of always hearing some bunk about Favre. Im also not real pleased with TT, think he's kind of an idiot...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
this sucks. just thought i'd share how i felt in case any of you were thinking, "hey, i wonder how bozz feels." well friends, wonder no more.

im with you..... i dont even care whos fault any of this is. i just think it flat out sucks, this situation.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well what is the possibility this even happens? Is he that serious? Cuz its not on Espn a whole bunch. Not all over the place. ONly here really is where i saw it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

im with you..... i dont even care whos fault any of this is. i just think it flat out sucks, this situation.

ya, i'm too bummed to point any fingers right now.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is all good. It is the cycle of life.

It is kind of like a death in the family.

As soon as it happens the waves of sadness come crashing on shore, again and again and again. It is terrible and unbearable at first. Then the storm slowly subsides, the waves get smaller and smaller and less frequent until the waves eventually become waves of happiness.

In the end.... There are only great memories and smiles.

At this very moment that I am typing this there are two old 49er fans sitting over fresh opened cold beer in some dusky neighborhood bar re-living "The Catch" and Joe Montana's greatest games.

For those two old 49er fans the storm has passed. The only smiles now in a time of turmoil are smiles from the past and no one can take that away from them, even if they are smiles from re-living the past.

I will bet you anything that my Mother just read this post in heaven and said.... Atta Boy R.P. That is just how it is son.

R.P.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This statement is the reason Ted gets himself in trouble.

"And we want to win now"

Sure looks like it Ted, sure looks like it

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just because YOU dont think hes doing what is necessary to win NOW. doesnt mean he isnt doing what he thinks is necessary to win NOW.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just because YOU dont think hes doing what is necessary to win NOW. doesnt mean he isnt doing what he thinks is necessary to win NOW.

Yeah, or the 5 million other fans, Brett Favre and every national media outlet in the US.

Ted's doing all he can to win NOW? Do you honestly believe that?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4-12 in 2006

8-8 in 2006 and almost in the playoffs with a rookie head coach and a SLEW(a slew!) of rookies.

yeah...looks like they do, chipper jones.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4-12 in 2006

8-8 in 2006 and almost in the playoffs with a rookie head coach and a SLEW(a slew!) of rookies.

You said ALMOST......LOL

Reaction score
Does anyone want to join me in banging their head against the wall until they pass out?

But seriously, that Ted is a clever guy. I could have sworn I read in that statement that he expected to contend in 07, but that isn't like Ted. He is a secretive guy, and basically he said nothing in that press release.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

I believe you predicted them to not even getting to .500 and with a rookie HC and a SLEW of rookies, it was a safe bet. But as usual, you were wrong.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

I believe you predicted them to not even getting to .500 and with a rookie HC and a SLEW of rookies, it was a safe bet. But as usual, you were wrong.

I predicted them to miss the playoffs? Did they, oh wait......Almost

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

pyledriver80 before 2006 season said:
5-11 - Thanks to Brett

3-13 - If Brett goes down

Suck it dry

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

5-11 - Thanks to Brett

Suck it dry

Uhhh, they went 8-8. Not exactly a Super Bowl. Oh wait, to you it is.

Wheres your prediction? Better yet, whats you prediction for this year?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

5-11 - Thanks to Brett

Suck it dry

I predicted 8 - 8 :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

5-11 - Thanks to Brett

Suck it dry

tromadz before the 2006 season said:
8-8

The team isnt nearly as bad as some of the negative nancies will make you believe. I dont know if they are projecting the shittyness of their own lives or what..
(they'll say they're just living in reality, and looking objectively. Objectively isnt a synonym for pessimism)

-The defense is the same scheme, with better players.
-The offensive line is better than last years line (not very hard)
- Ahman,Gado,Herron can carry the load, and it wont be a mystery as to who is gonna come in if Ahman gets hurt again. Last years musical chairs routine was ridiculous.
-Greg Jennings.
-New explosive, creative coach. We havent seen him coach in a regular season game yet, but hes handled every other aspect beautifully, and I dont see why he would fail horribly on Sundays.

With that said, It is a young team. Mistakes WILL be made. Our kicking game is still a mystery. Rayner didnt get much action in the preseason.

It is a team that isnt giving anything up and will play every week to WIN the games, and not settle on just learning, or growing, or maturing, or progressing. The coaching staff is tougher than the last, and hopefully that plays out during the regular season.

tromadz: 8-8 CORRECT
pyledriver80: 5-11,3-13 WRONG! WRONG!

and whats my prediction for 2007? The team isnt even completed yet and free agency isn't over, although some of you...fine posters think it is(which is WRONG! WRONG!)

Got anything else, Einstein?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

5-11 - Thanks to Brett

Suck it dry

8-8

The team isnt nearly as bad as some of the negative nancies will make you believe. I dont know if they are projecting the shittyness of their own lives or what..
(they'll say they're just living in reality, and looking objectively. Objectively isnt a synonym for pessimism)

- Ahman,Gado,Herron can carry the load, and it wont be a mystery as to who is gonna come in if Ahman gets hurt again. Last years musical chairs routine was ridiculous.
-Greg Jennings.
-New explosive, creative coach. We havent seen him coach in a regular season game yet, but hes handled every other aspect beautifully, and I dont see why he would fail horribly on Sundays.

With that said, It is a young team. Mistakes WILL be made. Our kicking game is still a mystery. Rayner didnt get much action in the preseason.

It is a team that isnt giving anything up and will play every week to WIN the games, and not settle on just learning, or growing, or maturing, or progressing. The coaching staff is tougher than the last, and hopefully that plays out during the regular season.

and whats my prediction for 2007? The team isnt even completed yet and free agency isn't over, although some of you...fine posters think it is(which is WRONG! WRONG!)

lololol, you are brilliant! They went 8-8......Super Bowl baby!!!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't think a 8 - 8 season is all that far fetched. Eight of our games we play are against first year coaches just as we have.

2006 opponents
Home [5 - 3]
W - Arizona Cardinals
L - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots
W - Detroit Lions - New HC
W - Minnesota Vikings - New HC
W - New York Jets - New HC
W - New Orleans Saints - New HC
L - St. Louis Rams - New HC

Away [3 - 5]
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks
W - Detroit Lions - New HC
L - Minnesota Vikings - New HC
L - Buffalo Bills - New HC

Here's the -LINK -

Check out some other ppls prediction.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

5-11 - Thanks to Brett

Suck it dry

8-8

-Greg Jennings.

What the hell are you talking about? Oh, your arguments have been destroyed and you were made to look like a fool, so you're going to the ol "lololol" standby and then 'mocking' me about the superbowl, which i didnt say once. nice.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
4-12 in 2006

You said ALMOST......LOL

5-11 - Thanks to Brett

Suck it dry

8-8

-Greg Jennings.

What the hell are you talking about? Oh, your arguments have been destroyed and you were made to look like a fool, so you're going to the ol "lololol" standby and then 'mocking' me about the superbowl, which i didnt say once. nice.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

you float around 8-8 like its means something. If you are happy with that I pity you.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8 in year 2 of a rebuilding plan, after a 4-12 season DOES mean something.

and it was done with a ROOKIE HEAD COACH and a SLEW of rookies(A SLEW DAMNIT!)

the fact that you still don't understand this amuses me.

edit - wait, you just changed the argument and subject! awesome! well done! My friend tom does that when losing arguments. Sometimes it gets by me, sometimes not. you got it by me(initially)! well played.

edit 2 - we're just rehashing the same stuff we always argue about and you don't listen to, so...ill let others get their say in.

thread hijack OVER