Thompson looking to deal...????

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
*desperately searchs the Giants and Cowboys depth chart for possible new packers.....

leaves empty handed*.

i didnt see one player on either roster that they would part with that would also fill a need for us.

How about TE Kevin Boss, their 5th round tight end this year. 6-6 258 pound kid.... just a thought.

I agree that Dallas doesn't have much roster which that would help and they would give up...

A conditional draft pick is my guess.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
If they do trade one of them look for the trade to be with Dallas or The Jets.

Maybe a DT... but the Jets have Mike Nugent from the Ohio State U. as there kicker... I don't know that he has struggled that much...

Did I miss something other than the kick in San Diego in 05?

No you did not miss anything. I ment to type Giants. I must have had the Jets on my mind. It is a New York thing.

On 1250 Radio here in Milwaulkee Mike Clemens was talking about it.

Sorry... By Bad.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:
If they do trade one of them look for the trade to be with Dallas or The Jets.

Maybe a DT... but the Jets have Mike Nugent from the Ohio State U. as there kicker... I don't know that he has struggled that much...

Did I miss something other than the kick in San Diego in 05?

No you did not miss anything. I ment to type Giants. I must have had the Jets on my mind. It is a New York thing.

On 1250 Radio here in Milwaulkee Mike Clemens was talking about it.

Sorry... By Bad.

No problem... I didn't think Nugent had fallen that far... but I really don't follow the Jets at all.... The Giants make a ton of sense...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trippster wrote:

below is an article from the Journal Sentinal by Tom Silverstein, the Packer beat reporter. In it he states that the interested teams MIGHT be.....not that there are any talks at the moment

The words I heard were "working very hard to get a deal done by friday."

Doesn't mean anything get's done but it sounds like it's well into the talking stages.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trippster wrote:

below is an article from the Journal Sentinal by Tom Silverstein, the Packer beat reporter. In it he states that the interested teams MIGHT be.....not that there are any talks at the moment

Doesn't mean anything get's done but it sounds like it's well into the talking stages.

heck, why wait till FRI. i mean b/f TT even thinks trade, his starter has to be hurt, then his #2 guy, who is a rookie, but is expected to start, even though he runs like a timid little boy, has to go down!
good thinking TT.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you are conveniently leaving out the fact that the #1 starter you're talking about was acquired via trade last offseason for Samkon "I fell off the NFL map after this trade" Gado

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Trippster wrote:

heck, why wait till FRI. i mean b/f TT even thinks trade, his starter has to be hurt, then his #2 guy, who is a rookie, but is expected to start, even though he runs like a timid little boy, has to go down!
good thinking TT.

I guess I owe TT an apology. Packers looked pretty good. Open WR, good running game, attacking defense, special teams. all looked good.

Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, Blackmon all looked like they will be major contributors on the 2007 Packers.
I hope we stay healthy and have a great season

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
you are conveniently leaving out the fact that the #1 starter you're talking about was acquired via trade last offseason for Samkon "I fell off the NFL map after this trade" Gado

quit posting those pesky little facts bozz.... they get in the way of a good unfounded Thompson bash.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to decide on the kicker decision so that Crosby can relax a little bit. Let's get a draft pick and send Rayner away.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While our GM is probably drooling over the opportunity to bring in more new players (even ones who aren't good enough to make other teams rosters), I think we all have to be aware of the fact that there's little possibility that any of them will produce much this year. Except for one or two positions, it's virtually impossible for players to come in at this stage and be productive in a system that they have no clue about.

But there's always next year. :-?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While our GM is probably drooling over the opportunity to bring in more new players (even ones who aren't good enough to make other teams rosters)

I love it. Either

A) Thompson doesn't bring in people.

or

B) Thompson brings people in, but they suck.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's.

A. Thompson doesn't bring in good people.

and

B. The people that Thompson brings in suck.

I feel like I'm taking a high school standardized test!

Fun.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's.

A. Thompson doesn't bring in good people.

and

B. The people that Thompson brings in suck.

I feel like I'm taking a high school standardized test!

Fun.

I'll go let Mr. Woodson know some shmuck on an internet forum thinks he sucks and isn't very good.

Wow, it's like this argument has been made 100 times and the morons just keep talking. Oh wait, it is. That's a shame.

We get it, folks. Woodson,Hawk,Collins,Jennings,Colledge,Spitz,Rouse,Blackmon,Bush,Jones,Rayner,Crosby,Ryan and all the other guys Thompson has re-signed SUCK.

I suggest a nice warm glass of shut the **** up, best served when not logged on to packerforum.com

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice. Spoken like a true moron when he's losing the argument.

I can name a long list of Thompson washouts as well.

Gardner, Boreigter, Marquand Manual, Abdul Hodge, Ingle Martin, O'Dwyer, Klemm, Palmer, Moll, Robinson, Rodgers, Frank Walker, oh, and let's not forget, Taco Wallace, etc..etc., and I can go on, and on.

So why don't you just sit back, relax and have a nice tall glass of ****, Junior!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what do you think the success rate for NFL players is? and how do you judge a successful NFL career? I defy you to demonstrate that the 'washout' rate of "Thompson's players" is anywhere close to the league's average.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice. Spoken like a true moron when he's losing the argument.

I can name a long list of Thompson washouts as well.

Gardner, Boreigter, Marquand Manual, Abdul Hodge, Ingle Martin, O'Dwyer, Klemm, Palmer, Moll, Robinson, Rodgers, Frank Walker, oh, and let's not forget, Taco Wallace, etc..etc., and I can go on, and on.

So why don't you sit back, relax and have a nice tall glass of ****!

lol.

A) How many of those guys stayed on the team years and years and screwed the progress of the team(Like sherman did with cledius hunt,etc)? NOT ONE. (this is Manuel's 2nd year here, and he won't be starting. He was the only one CLOSE to being in this category)

B) How many of those guys got paid ridiculous amounts of money and hurt the financial situation of the team? NOT ONE.

You lose. I've had this argument since LONG before you came here, and guess what, I don't lose. It's kinda my thing.

You make me laugh. While I hope Dhpackr goes away because he's annoying, I hope YOU stay, because I'm a fan of comedy, and you provide it.

I mean, you criticize Thompson for Ingle Martin?! What did you expect from Ingle? To beat out Favre for the starting job? What are you retarded? Don't answer that. We know the answer.

How are Palmer and Moll washouts? They have had good camps(mostly Moll) so far. Oh I get it. Everyone Thompson signs has to be a starter. I've seen your type before, and they always make me giggle. I like you. Don't ever leave.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted's only been here for three years. Give it a little bit.

You boast, yet I see very little backing it up.

(Don't mess with me Sonny, you'll get the horns.)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While our GM is probably drooling over the opportunity to bring in more new players (even ones who aren't good enough to make other teams rosters), I think we all have to be aware of the fact that there's little possibility that any of them will produce much this year. Except for one or two positions, it's virtually impossible for players to come in at this stage and be productive in a system that they have no clue about.

But there's always next year. :-?

I agree for the most part. Any pickup will likely contribute on special teams and we'll see until next year. One player whom was not good enough to make another teams roster is Jarrett Bush and so far he looks to be our nickel back. Whether that's an upgrade from last year we'll find out as the season plays out.

I think the only way the Pack pickup a "impact" offensive player at TE or RB would be if they part with one of their Defensive Tackles via trade. My guess is nothing happens.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*desperately searchs the Giants and Cowboys depth chart for possible new packers.....

leaves empty handed*.

i didnt see one player on either roster that they would part with that would also fill a need for us.

Tim Hasselbeck!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As they always say - it takes two to tango. I have no doubt that Thompson has several players that will be quality performers in the league, who will not be making our final roster(K, DT, OL).

Unfortunately, the other teams know that these people may end up being released if they wait patiently making it less likely for them to offer anything of value in a trade.

Members online

Latest posts