1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This winter setting many records

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Packerbacker04, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Grand Rapids Michigan about 90 miles southwest of me has 91.8 inches of snow on the year. Here in Central Michigan we have a foot of snow on the ground and its been cold. I thought we were in for another mild winter when it was 55 degrees in early January. This is the most snow Ive seen here in a long time.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup....we too had a strange warm spell in January. We had tornados with the warmth.
    If we hadn't had the melting during that time, we would be buried in snow right now.

3. Packerbacker04

Ratings:
    +0
    I went down to Ohio the other day to visit a friend and it was cold but there is no snow on the ground at all. As soon as you get up to 20 miles south of ann arbor there is snow.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know what the total is here now.......but last i heard, we are over 7 feet for the year.
    COME ON SPRING!!!!

5. Packerbacker04

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah at least we havent had -30 here. We had -10 this year but the last time it was really bad was in 1994. I remember it was -20 here. I hate that bitter cold stuff. The day of the NFC title game wasnt that cold in Michigan as it was in wisconsin though. It was in the teens here and it did get down to 5 above. That was a cold day in Green Bay.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I hate that bitter cold too. It got down to minus 15. But our car started!!!

7. Packerbacker04

Ratings:
    +0
    Has it been a harsh winter in wisconsin? Is it the harshest you have ever seen?