This team folds in the Clutch

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter what your QB Rating is if you can't lead a game winning drive. He had an opportunity to do so in overtime and didn't get the job done. He threw a very Favre like INT. I like Rodgers a lot, but he needs to prove he is an elite quarterback by seizing opportunities like the one he had yesterday, and winning the game. Perhaps he will improve as he gains more experience. I don't know. And it definitely is not always Rodgers fault. In the Steelers game last year he did lead what would be a game winning drive except that the defense couldn't stop Big Ben. Thus the reason I titled this thread "This Team folds in the clutch".

THANK YOU! My point is was and always has been...my only REAL knock against Aaron is...he SUCKS in the final 2 minutes of games when he HAS to WIN! There are NO superbowls without come from behind victories. Elway did it, Montana did it, Favre did it, Aikman, Brady, Manning...if Aaron is as great as you guys say he is...why can't HE do it?

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Glad someone banned the realpackerbacker. Sent him back to the Bears Fourm where he came from.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love his list of QBs, with none of them winning a SB in their second year I believe. Elway stands out as his career was the definition of choke until his last two years. Oh and two whole SBs between manning and favre? Yeah they must never choke...

Anyone think realpackerfan might be David or one of his cronies

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THANK YOU! My point is was and always has been...my only REAL knock against Aaron is...he SUCKS in the final 2 minutes of games when he HAS to WIN! There are NO superbowls without come from behind victories. Elway did it, Montana did it, Favre did it, Aikman, Brady, Manning...if Aaron is as great as you guys say he is...why can't HE do it?

You talk about Rodgers like he's a ten year vet or something.... He's only started at QB for TWO seasons! In those two seasons he's posted over 4000 yards each, a feat Farve didn't accomplish until his fourth year in the NFL and then again in the seventh and eighth year in the NFL. Rodgers first two seasons as starter he also had a 93 and 103 QB rating... Favre's first two seasons were 85 and 72! Favre had 24 INT"s his second year, Rodgers has thrown 27 his entire career including the years he was backup.

You mention Montana, Elway, Aikman, Brady, and Manning... how many of these lead their team to a superbowl in their first TWO seasons in the nfl?? Not Aikman, Not Elway, Not Manning... Montana did it one of his first two years only, and so did Brady..... Even though, look at the offensive lines and players surrounding those qb's that did well their first two seasons.... The Packers have a very young and slowly improving line.:viksux: Give Rodgers a little time to grow.... Still, I'd take him over a LOT of QB's in the NFL these days. His accuracy is insane!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been very hesitant to come out and say this. I have tried to be optimistic. But I can't be optimistic anymore. This team has sucked in the clutch since 2008. Whether it's Rodgers, the defense, the punter or whoever this team collapses when it counts the most. Seriously, every single game the Packers win is one of the following types of games:

A-The Packers blow the other, inferior team out.
B-They Packers build up a nice comfy lead and then let the other team back in it and hang on by the skin of their teeth.

There have been a couple of exceptions such as the Cowboys game last year, or the two Bears games in 2009 but besides that these have pretty much been the case.

What I'm saying is that this team cannot come from behind. Apart from the one Bears game last year has there been a single game in the past 3 years where the Packers have come from behind to win late in the game? The only other one I can think of is the Lions and Packers week 2 in 2008. And that doesn't really count since the Packers built up a huge lead and almost blew it.

In the three years in which Rodgers has been at quarterback, the Packers have been blown out of just one game. Only one. That's right, 1. That was the Saints game in 2008 when the Pack got thomped on. Besides that the Packers have been in every game they have played in the past few years.

The bottom line is, until this team can perform in crunch time, they aren't making much of a playoff run.
I agree.

Even though it's only 5 games in, the Pack are not playing like the high caliber SB contenders that were predicted.
So far they are beating teams that are worse then they are.
I'm starting to lose faith in them this year.
My faith won't be restored until they start winning more often.
Instead I'll just watch the games with no expectations and in a casual way.
To just enjoy watching the game of football and not be so serious about them having to win.
You know. Just dig the good plays they make even if they lose.
It's the only way I can keep my sanity while being a Packers fan.

Members online

Latest posts