This Super Bowl doesn't excite me

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a tough call. The Bears seem to give up alot of passing yards, but also create alot of turnovers. Manning has been throwing ints this post season. Although the Colts have also proven they can play smashmouth football if need be against a good defense(Ravens). I think the Colts win, though I will be rooting for da bears.

I don't favor either team but I think Manning will get his due. He is a very good NFL QB. Manning's stats are very similar to Favre's when he was in his prime.

Manning has not missed a NFL start.

I'll be laying the 7 pts and collecting after the game.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
It's a tough call. The Bears seem to give up alot of passing yards, but also create alot of turnovers. Manning has been throwing ints this post season. Although the Colts have also proven they can play smashmouth football if need be against a good defense(Ravens). I think the Colts win, though I will be rooting for da bears.

I don't favor either team but I think Manning will get his due. He is a very good NFL QB. Manning's stats are very similar to Favre's when he was in his prime.

I just think the Colts win because they, IMO, have proven to be more versatile than the Bears all around.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:
Cory said:

I just think the Colts win because they, IMO, have proven to be more versatile than the Bears all around.

I agree.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Colts will win too. But you never know........on any given day.....

That's why I said it's a tough call. For all we know Deven Hester will make the difference.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I think the Colts will win too. But you never know........on any given day.....

That's why I said it's a tough call. For all we know Deven Hester will make the difference.
Tis true....could happen! Desmond Howard made a BIG difference 10 years ago for us!

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not at all excited about the Super Bowl next week. I like to watch Payton Manning. When he is on his game, he's as good as it gets. The Bears just seem average to me. They've got a bad quarterback with average receivers. Their running game is intersting at best and I'm not all that impressed with their defense. It just looks to me like it's going to be kind of a "blah" super bowl Sunday.

On the other hand, I'm excited about this off season for the Packers. I wish Brett would make up his mind because that would give the Packers and upper hand on what they need to do at QB in free agency as well as the draft. I'm curious about how Ted is going to tweak this team. He has to find some young corners and safeties that can play. We need at least one receiver, a tight end that can catch the ball, and some depth in the line and at running back. I believe these are all things that can be accomplished during the offseason.

Grossman is ranked 24th and Favre 25th in the regular season, and Grossman has a better rating then Manning in the post season. As for running the ball the Bears are ranked 15th and Indy 19th in the regular season, and Chicago is 1st in post-season play. The Bears defense was ranked 5th overall in regular season play and looks pretty good in the post season. If you don't want to watch the game fine, but please don't diminish the Bears achievements this year, because they are in the Superbowl!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not at all excited about the Super Bowl next week. I like to watch Payton Manning. When he is on his game, he's as good as it gets. The Bears just seem average to me. They've got a bad quarterback with average receivers. Their running game is intersting at best and I'm not all that impressed with their defense. It just looks to me like it's going to be kind of a "blah" super bowl Sunday.

On the other hand, I'm excited about this off season for the Packers. I wish Brett would make up his mind because that would give the Packers and upper hand on what they need to do at QB in free agency as well as the draft. I'm curious about how Ted is going to tweak this team. He has to find some young corners and safeties that can play. We need at least one receiver, a tight end that can catch the ball, and some depth in the line and at running back. I believe these are all things that can be accomplished during the offseason.

Grossman is ranked 24th and Favre 25th in the regular season, and Grossman has a better rating then Manning in the post season. As for running the ball the Bears are ranked 15th and Indy 19th in the regular season, and Chicago is 1st in post-season play. The Bears defense was ranked 5th overall in regular season play and looks pretty good in the post season. If you don't want to watch the game fine, but please don't diminish the Bears achievements this year, because they are in the Superbowl!

About the Bears 1st in rushing, they played one game LESS than the Colts!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blackjackking said:
packedhouse01 said:

About the Bears 1st in rushing, they played one game LESS than the Colts!

The Bears can run the ball on the Colts.
That sets up play action and that is where Grossman is at his best.
If they are moving the ball on the ground then Grossman will burn them for at least one big TD.
Say what you want about him but his deep passes are as good as anyone in the league.
The TD against Seattle was at least 60 yards in the air and he hit Berrian right on the money.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally both teams can win it. So Bear fans if you think it's a lock your pretty much a homer. Same goes for Colts fans. Anytime your in the Super Bowl you can win it. Packer fans would know from the Broncos debacle of 98.

I think it'll come down to a 2 things.

1. Indy getting pressure on Grossman. He plays poorly when that happens. Let's not forget he had only like 3 or 4 completions in the 1st half against the Saints. He was not playing good and that's probably why the Saints hung in as long as they did.

2. The Bears front 4 vs. the Colts offensive line. You can't blitz Peyton Manning. Go ahead and he'll pick you apart. The Bears are going to have to pressure Manning with their front 4 and force him to get inpatient and make poor decisions.

Pretty much Bears pressuring Manning and Colts pressuring Grossman.

I've gone back and forth both times. I really don't know who to pick. Manning should be pretty familiar with the cover 2 defense and he has 2 weeks to prepare. My guess 31-21 Colts win and a lot closer than what the score would indicate.

Before the Bear fans go crazy on me. I'm not "dissing" the Bears. I think the Bears can win. I picked them to beat the Saints and I said in October I think they're going to the Super Bowl. I'm going with my hunch and this just seems like Peyton Manning's year. I would probably pick the Bears if they were at full strength. Tommie Harris in my opinion is the 2nd best player on that team and would really cause Manning some problems as he gets that inside pressure.

Members online

Latest posts