This sub-forum is temporarily moot!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Damned political ads. Watching TV with all of the bi-partisan lying, 30 seconds at a clip, is like hitting yourself over the head with a two by four repeatedly because it feels soooo good when you stop.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damned political ads. Watching TV with all of the bi-partisan lying, 30 seconds at a clip, is like hitting yourself over the head with a two by four repeatedly because it feels soooo good when you stop.
I am so fast with the mute button and I avert my eyes every time. I'd like to know where they're getting all their money from. i can watch a show on one of those free streaming channels and there is one candidate that is easily 5 to 1 and i can see 2-3 ads of his in each commercial break no matter the time of day i turn it on. I rarely watch broadcast anymore so not sure what those are like.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And then the bombardment to my spam trying to get your money from all sides.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I am so fast with the mute button and I avert my eyes every time. I'd like to know where they're getting all their money from. i can watch a show on one of those free streaming channels and there is one candidate that is easily 5 to 1 and i can see 2-3 ads of his in each commercial break no matter the time of day i turn it on. I rarely watch broadcast anymore so not sure what those are like.
REALLY BAD! That's what I was grumbIing about, and I would bet those ads are where a good number of people get their info to base their vote on.

When these guys are done assassinating each other's character ... how can we vote for any of them?

Reaction score
And then the bombardment to my spam trying to get your money from all sides.
I’ve gotten texts from like 50 different numbers saying they just need another $23 dollars to get to their goal to elect so an so.

So I always send them a photo copy of a past due or delinquent payment. I’ve noticed the texts are slowing down now. :coffee:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve gotten texts from like 50 different numbers saying they just need another $23 dollars to get to their goal to elect so an so.

So I always send them a photo copy of a past due or delinquent payment. I’ve noticed the texts are slowing down now. :coffee:
Good tactic! What us funny is that they give the name of the candidate or party proponent and pretend that it is he or she that is actually addressing you. Then I get this Sorry you are leaving us BS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I feel old just talking to you guys.
There was a "dark money" ad tonight - for a state assembly seat no less, where the PAC was comparing a female candidate to a trash can filled with "full" diapers.

This is why we keep getting the candidates we get, you know? I have to admit it made me laugh at its stupidity but ... this is why good qualified people won't serve.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen a single ad that didn’t involve the price of milk or a vibrator. I wish I’d see the baby diaper one just for a change of pace lol

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
How about street and road signs? I love the houses where they have a sign up for EVERY candidate on the ballot from a single party. It's hilarious in that it's obvious that this homeowner has NEVER voted for any candidate other than the party they're advertising. I also see a lot of this on I-41 and even Hwy 45 from Oshkosh to Fond du Lac every morning. One year, a guy who had land for sale off of 41, put up two campaign signs next to his "Lots for Sale" sign ... but put them up wayyyyy too close to each other. It read like: "Lots for Sale: X-candidate and X-candidate". Funny as hell.

I'd LOVE to see a filled up lawn with signs supporting candidates from different parties. I might even pull in to say hello and discuss. :cool: As it sits .. I'll pass. It's tough being me in this area.

As election day nears ... the cesspool keeps worsening. Taking each candidate (and their dark money billionaires' PAC's) at their word ... and all of the cops who seem to be appearing in damn near every TV ad in Wisconsin ... it would seem that whomever wins is a lousy human being that is going to put your family in jeopardy. ;) It is our destiny to live in a bad Mel Gibson Mad Max movie.

Members online

Latest posts