This stuff is too good NOT to share!

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am giddy with the so called "fans" over at their message board

Vikings Message Board.Com - Index page

that I just have to share the link there.

This stuff is classic! One fan said quote" I would give my left nut and my first born son to bring a Lombardi trophy home to Minnesota."

You can't make this stuff up!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, viking fans are desperate for a Lombardi, that is for sure. Thought they had one last year and then Farve pulled the rug out from under them.

It's an ancient viking curse.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

This stuff is classic! One fan said quote" I would give my left nut and my first born son to bring a Lombardi trophy home to Minnesota."

Nice post. I would respond to that "fan" in the following way:I'm too old to remember where my left nut is and my first born son won a Lombardi trophy when he married a Minnesota girl in August, and she promised to love and honor and obey my son, A Packer Fan!

Look forward to family get- to-gethers.
Happy Holidays to Packer Nation.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I just spent a half hour browsing with glee the Viking boards, courtesy of OldSchool's link.

Hilarious. The Viking posters (who are named "Iron Man Favre" to start with!) are split about 50/50: Some hating Favre and wanting his head on a stick, others defending him and making all kinds of excuses.

It's a bit of a trip down memory lane, isn't it? So nice that such foolishness is finally mostly behind us and quickly fading into the past. And it is even better that in addition to finally kicking that bad habit, we gave this poison to our rival.

Speaking of rivals, several posters over there seem to think that Vikings-Packers are our biggest rivalry. In my opinion, it is no contest. Bears-Packers rivalry are light-years ahead of the Vikings or anyone else.

But, I guess if that is all the Viking fans have, we can agree and let them have this little concession.

Yeah, Viking fans, you are our biggest rivalry. Whatever.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of rivals, several posters over there seem to think that Vikings-Packers are our biggest rivalry. In my opinion, it is no contest. Bears-Packers rivalry are light-years ahead of the Vikings or anyone else.

For me the Packers/Vikings rivalry is bigger than the Packers/Bears. Packers/Bears is the oldest rivalry, but I don't have the same amount of hate or disrespect for the Bears that I have for the Vikings. Beating the Bears is important, but beating the Vikings brings me much more pleasure in life.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Young fans, Vikings are the biggest rival. Old fans, it's the Bears.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me the Packers/Vikings rivalry is bigger than the Packers/Bears. Packers/Bears is the oldest rivalry, but I don't have the same amount of hate or disrespect for the Bears that I have for the Vikings. Beating the Bears is important, but beating the Vikings brings me much more pleasure in life.

It's definitely a respect thing. Vikings/fans have no respect for the undeniable fact that the Packers are the greatest NFL team of all time; and for that, I choose to root against them forever and a day and hope they never see the glimmer of a Lombardi trophy in my lifetime! :viksux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I grew up with the Bears/Packers rivalry , so the Vikings were just a team that were in the Packers way, that all changed come the Favre incident. But still the hate towards the Bears is greater than the Vikes since its more personal.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Maybe my definition of "rivalry" is different than others. A rivalry includes respect. I have far more respect for the Bears organization than I do for the Vikings. Hence, the rivalry is greater.

I am also over 40. So, that theory works, too.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Bears-Packers is more of a traditional rivalry, and those games are huge. I am from MN and one of my very good friends is a die hard Vikings fan, not the typical kind. Yet a lot of people I know from back home are the garden variety type of Vikings fan. So it brings me more pleasure to have the Pack beat the Vikings because of personal ties back home.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
yep im 21 and i can agree with that as a young packers fan i hate the vikings ten times more than anyone else

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

So now that you quoted it, let's put it into context. It comes from the thread that has this as a first post.

Ok, here's a quote from a Packer fan at one of their boards. Now I don't buy it, and I hope I am not in the minority.

Quote from Packer fan:
"I think that a lot of Vikings fans would choose beating the Packers twice but not making it to the Super Bowl over winning the Super Bowl but losing to the Packers twice along the way."

So what do you guys thinks. Are the Packers that important?

I know, it seems so obvious but I want numbers to throw at them.
Attached to the thread is a poll that shows the numbers. 52-2 said they would rather lose to the Packers and win the Super Bowl rather than Beat the Packers twice and lose the Super Bowl.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Agreed it's the older fans who hate the Bears more. It's a really deep rivalry. Though I love to have our team spank the Vikings, dashing the playoff hopes of Chicago fans is the deepest and most richly held football memories I have.
I almost want it to go to the last game so the Packers can destroy the fan's dementia of having a playoff team. I would relish a total conquering of the NFC central in the last game. Just my humble opinion.

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now that you quoted it, let's put it into context. It comes from the thread that has this as a first post.

Attached to the thread is a poll that shows the numbers. 52-2 said they would rather lose to the Packers and win the Super Bowl rather than Beat the Packers twice and lose the Super Bowl.

54 Viking fans??!! I think we best call for a recount, at least 7 of those votes came from people buried.

I smell something stinky in Eden Prairie, MN , and I am not talking about Brent's QB rating either...

:viksux:

Members online

Latest posts