1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This stuff is too good NOT to share!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Nov 21, 2010.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I am giddy with the so called "fans" over at their message board

Vikings Message Board.Com - Index page

that I just have to share the link there.

This stuff is classic! One fan said quote" I would give my left nut and my first born son to bring a Lombardi trophy home to Minnesota."

You can't make this stuff up!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, viking fans are desperate for a Lombardi, that is for sure. Thought they had one last year and then Farve pulled the rug out from under them.

It's an ancient viking curse.

3. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    Nice post. I would respond to that "fan" in the following way:I'm too old to remember where my left nut is and my first born son won a Lombardi trophy when he married a Minnesota girl in August, and she promised to love and honor and obey my son, A Packer Fan!

Look forward to family get- to-gethers.
    Happy Holidays to Packer Nation.

4. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I just spent a half hour browsing with glee the Viking boards, courtesy of OldSchool's link.

Hilarious. The Viking posters (who are named "Iron Man Favre" to start with!) are split about 50/50: Some hating Favre and wanting his head on a stick, others defending him and making all kinds of excuses.

It's a bit of a trip down memory lane, isn't it? So nice that such foolishness is finally mostly behind us and quickly fading into the past. And it is even better that in addition to finally kicking that bad habit, we gave this poison to our rival.

Speaking of rivals, several posters over there seem to think that Vikings-Packers are our biggest rivalry. In my opinion, it is no contest. Bears-Packers rivalry are light-years ahead of the Vikings or anyone else.

But, I guess if that is all the Viking fans have, we can agree and let them have this little concession.

Yeah, Viking fans, you are our biggest rivalry. Whatever.

5. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    Point made....but what the heck do you do with kids?:chisux:

6. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    "I wish he would injure his damn vocal chords so we wouldn't have to listen to his excuses" ROFL classic

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Hahaha thats amazing thanks for the link

8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    For me the Packers/Vikings rivalry is bigger than the Packers/Bears. Packers/Bears is the oldest rivalry, but I don't have the same amount of hate or disrespect for the Bears that I have for the Vikings. Beating the Bears is important, but beating the Vikings brings me much more pleasure in life.

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Young fans, Vikings are the biggest rival. Old fans, it's the Bears.

10. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    It's definitely a respect thing. Vikings/fans have no respect for the undeniable fact that the Packers are the greatest NFL team of all time; and for that, I choose to root against them forever and a day and hope they never see the glimmer of a Lombardi trophy in my lifetime! :viksux:

11. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
  12. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I grew up with the Bears/Packers rivalry , so the Vikings were just a team that were in the Packers way, that all changed come the Favre incident. But still the hate towards the Bears is greater than the Vikes since its more personal.

13. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Maybe my definition of "rivalry" is different than others. A rivalry includes respect. I have far more respect for the Bears organization than I do for the Vikings. Hence, the rivalry is greater.

I am also over 40. So, that theory works, too.

14. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I think the Bears-Packers is more of a traditional rivalry, and those games are huge. I am from MN and one of my very good friends is a die hard Vikings fan, not the typical kind. Yet a lot of people I know from back home are the garden variety type of Vikings fan. So it brings me more pleasure to have the Pack beat the Vikings because of personal ties back home.

15. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    yep im 21 and i can agree with that as a young packers fan i hate the vikings ten times more than anyone else

16. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    So now that you quoted it, let's put it into context. It comes from the thread that has this as a first post.

Attached to the thread is a poll that shows the numbers. 52-2 said they would rather lose to the Packers and win the Super Bowl rather than Beat the Packers twice and lose the Super Bowl.

17. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Agreed it's the older fans who hate the Bears more. It's a really deep rivalry. Though I love to have our team spank the Vikings, dashing the playoff hopes of Chicago fans is the deepest and most richly held football memories I have.
    I almost want it to go to the last game so the Packers can destroy the fan's dementia of having a playoff team. I would relish a total conquering of the NFC central in the last game. Just my humble opinion.

18. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    54 Viking fans??!! I think we best call for a recount, at least 7 of those votes came from people buried.

I smell something stinky in Eden Prairie, MN , and I am not talking about Brent's QB rating either...

:viksux: