This season reminds me of 2001

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Similarities:

Favre had just come off two subpar seasons.
1999: 22tds 23ints 74.7 rating
2000: 20tds 16ints 78.0 rating

just like the last two years:

2005: 20tds 29ints 70.9 rating
2006: 18tds 18ints 72.7 rating

They had won the last 4 games of 2000,(beating the Bears, Lions, and Vikings in 3 of the 4, just like last season) and barely missed the playoffs. Just like last year.

2001 was Sherman's 2nd year as head coach. Just like McCarthy this year.

Anyway, yeah, I have too much time on my hands. :p

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes sense, but let's hope the Sherman/McCarthy comparisons end right there and that McCarthy can not only get the Packers into the playoffs, but can have some postseason success. I like his chances because he has a gutsy coaching style.

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Makes sense, but let's hope the Sherman/McCarthy comparisons end right there and that McCarthy can not only get the Packers into the playoffs, but can have some postseason success.
Yeah 2001 didn't end so well, with the Rams beating us in the playoffs. Lets hope that we end this postseason with a win. :beer:

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Makes sense, but let's hope the Sherman/McCarthy comparisons end right there and that McCarthy can not only get the Packers into the playoffs, but can have some postseason success.
Yeah 2001 didn't end so well, with the Rams beating us in the playoffs. Lets hope that we end this postseason with a win. :beer:

At least you won't have to worry about the Rams this year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I happen to like Mike Sherman. I think he bleeds green and gold.
However, Sherman made some crucial mistakes and wasn't that good of a GM. I wish the guy best of luck though.

Now as for the original topic, we were a really good team in 2001. the thing was we were only the 3rd best team in the NFC that year. We might be better this year. We did sweep da Bears in '01, and sweeping da Bears makes me happy.

We were a pass heavy team then, even though we had Green. So there's another similarity.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
Mike McCarthy would beat Mike Sherman in a fight.

even in the situation of an actual fight, mike sherman would still somehow find a way to call for a punt

Sherman would have to DRAFT a punter first...
Isn't he on Geritol already?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
Popcynical said:
Mike McCarthy would beat Mike Sherman in a fight.

even in the situation of an actual fight, mike sherman would still somehow find a way to call for a punt

Sherman would have to DRAFT a punter first...
Isn't he on Geritol already?

And he's use a 3rd on him. so instead of JJ, we'd have a punter. Yay! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts