1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This SB more exciting or the ones in the 90's?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jan 27, 2011.

?

Which SB is more exciting

Poll closed Feb 1, 2011.
  1. 90's

18.9%
  2. now

78.4%
  3. not sure

2.7%
  1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Pretty self explanatory

Which one is more exciting to you?

For me it is the one now!!

With the injuries, loss to Detroit, I pretty much gave up

So this is damn exciting!!

In the 90's it was almost a given they were going..

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    This one.

Because I was in 2nd Grade during the last one.

3. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    if you remember how angry I was after the Detroit game, I was angry b/c I felt the season was over! I was really pissed and sick to my stomach, which really added to the whole drama of each following game...what a ride it's been to this point...now, I think anything less then victory on next Sunday would be a disappointment! I'm extremely pumped up for this matchup for a # of reasons.

#1: I would love to beat the Steelers in a Super Bowl, a team that is a WINNING organization

#2: bring some of the steeler fandom down a notch, if you've been reading some of the recent posts from the newly registered steelers fans, it's so CLASSY...lol

#3: I want to experience that awesome feeling of watching a team go through so much (individually and collectively) and come out on top

4. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    Now considering everything this team has been through this season. Besides I was a kid last time they were in the SB so I don't remember it much haha :)

5. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    90's for me because after going through the 70s-80s, I never thought I'd ever see GB win a SB. So it blew my mind.

This year is like just a hair less exciting although if maybe if we win the SB this year, it will push it ahead of the 90's one.

6. Packers80

Packers80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44
  7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    This year, because I was too young to understand all that it is such a great achievement. Plus we had our ups downs, beat the old sexter, got the Halas trophy in Chicago, a game I wanted to see since well understanding that their is an AFC and NFC and Packers/Bears couldn't be against each other in the Super Bowl.

Let the Packers offer divine punishment to another naughty QB. (Lets try the holier than thou are approach.)

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    This one.
    I can't believe it. I really can't.
    After what we saw, and out of 30 other teams, our Packers are in the SB, baby!

It wouldn't have been as surprising if it had been the Falcons or even the Bears.
    But it's us, a #6 seed team that is there and it is damn awesome and unbelievable which makes it that much more exciting.

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Hey, you might want to get your money back, the crystal ball that gypsy sold you is defective.

The Pack Magic 8-Ball said we'd win Absolutely!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420

I bore witness to its greatness today. We got the 8-Ball on our side.

• Like Like x 1
  11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    How was that side step Zach???

Go make a thread in smack.... leave it out of a regular thread

12. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Things are different

In the 90's I believe we had home field advantage going into the playoffs, and the NFC Championship was in our house, plus we got the bye week. We weren't winning 3 in a row on the road like we had to this year, so I would say now, is the best time to come away with a Super Bowl. We had to fight to get all the way here, we better win it.

13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Hmm, you guys do make a good point. In the 90's we were the #1 seed, everything came through us. To potentially win a SB as a #6 seed is pretty damn exciting. Maybe I'll have to change my vote.

14. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    This one is because with all that happened this year it was pretty amazing for them to be in it. In the 90's the team was slowly getting better and progressing further in the playoffs each year, but getting knocked out by the cowboys eventually. Then they finally made it all the way to the top. It was more of a natural progression.

15. BigBayBlues

BigBayBlues Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    I have to go with now just because of what we've had to play through to get here. We were so good in the 90s that it was almost expected that we would go to the SB. This year, after all the injuries, I don't think anyone expected it.

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
  17. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Loved the 90's superbowls we had, and of course the deep playoff runs. Came up short against Dallas TWICE ugh, and of course we got annihilated by Devner in 97. But it was a good time. Would I compare this time to the 90's? Not exactly feels different, and is still exciting. The two best franchises ever in the NFL to face off against each other. Two of the best QB's probably in this current era as well. Huge national fanbases. Yeah it's an exciting time.

18. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    For whatever reason...this one means more to myself and my family.

After all we've been thru,.. after all the injuries. Yah for sure.. This one is epic!

19. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I have to say the 90's. I was fan since the mid-80's and even the year they got there, I didn't expect them to get to the SB. It was a slow build to the SB when Favre got here. They lost to the Cowboys 3 years in a row, the last one being the Championship game.

This playoff run while it has been exciting it hasn't had me on the edge of my seat. I never doubted they would lose. I always felt they were better the team and could beat anyone. This stat says it a lot: they have never trailed by more than 7 points, a feat that hasn't been accomplished in 48 years.

I guess with this year, I thought they were the best team in the NFL all year. I was worried about the Eagles earlier but they trailed off in the end. While the Falcons had an impressive record and at home, they still didn't seem to be a dominating team. And I always thought the Bears got lucky all year.

20. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    The first Packers season I can remember is the 1998 season, when I was 6. I remember being very upset after the heartbreaking loss to the 49ers in the playoffs that year. Since I can't remember the other Super Bowls, this one would be the more exciting one for me.

21. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    This one, because:

a) We're the underdog by seeding.
    b) It can be the final nail in the coffin of the Favre nut-hugging Thompson/McCarthy haters.
    c) It's the two greatest franchises in NFL history.

• Like Like x 1
  22. bozo

bozo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    I have to say the 90's.

Merely, because I went to SB 32, and it is a treasure I still enjoy to this day...in fact making the SB this years has re-kindled those memories.

Even though they lost!

But, I must say, that this ride has been amazing...a VERY close 2nd!

23. jkrelt

jkrelt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    When you make it to a SB life is grand. All three SB appearances that I've seen in my lifetime were awesome. I'm not sure how any SB appearance could be less sweet than another. They all take the cake!

24. Bart

Bart Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Well it have to be this one for sure

I first started to watch NFL in 2000 i think it was, so i didnt saw the SB we played in 90'es

25. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Wow, you're young :)

I dont know what grade I was in..I was born in 83, and never got held back or anything. I think that makes me a freshman then...IDK

This one is more exciting for me. I was too preoccupied back then.