This one is gunna hurt for a long long time.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
As we were right there and let it slip away. This is 2007/2008 all over again with the last season with Farve. Both times came so close to a SB berth but it sliped away..

I hope this motivates the returning players to fight harder and come back stronger next season. So many chances to seal the win and took none of them.

I would of felt awhole lot better had we gotten blown out as I would be able to cope with it better.

This will be the worst lost in Packer history as we had it right there. One play would of sent us to AZ.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the kind of game that deflates a team for a short period and then galvanizes them down the road. We have a very young team and they learned a lesson about persistence today. They will be better for it. We need to re-sign our starters who are free agents and have another good draft. Maybe another Peppers-stye free agent signing. If we do that, we will be better next year than this year. I feel VERY good about next year. I'm sure the usual nay-sayers will disagree.

Edit: ... as predicted.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the kind of game that deflates a team for a short period and then galvanizes them down the road. We have a very young team and they learned a lesson about persistence today. They will be better for it. We need to re-sign our starters who are free agents and have another good draft. Maybe another Peppers-stye free agent signing. If we do that, we will be better next year than this year. I feel VERY good about next year. I'm sure the usual nay-sayers will disagree.

I hope we resign Cobb. Thats a big key right there that needs to be locked down for a few years.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I agree. This team has had heartbreaking losses in the last 10 years and this is the worst one, and its hard to be patient, but I think patience will pay off. We came back in 2010 and won the super bowl, after the arizona game, and the 07/08 giant stunner at lambeau. I really believe this team has had the pieces for the last two years to win it all. We had unfortunate injuries last year, and this year mental mistakes forced a pretty inexcusable collapse. (albeit some coaching errors as well). We now have several 2-4 year guys who have playoff experience.

As long as we have the soon to be two time MVP i'll know we have a chance every year. Gotta focus on bringing cobb back as you said. I also think keeping this offensive line intact is key.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll be fine. We'll have another 10+ win season next season as long as #12 stays healthy.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, I know the forum gods don't want people pointing out spelling errors, but please, try to get the difference between re-sign and resign down. They are effectively opposite in meaning and I was about to think you were off your rocker for a second. But yes, Cobb must... and will be re-signed.

Im boozed up. I dont care about correct spelling tonight.

Oh yes.. I want the Pack to get rid of Cobb one of our brightest players and best playmakers..... /sarcasm

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to stop playing so loose and lax when they have the lead. How that much isn't apparent at this point when it's been a staple characteristic of this team with McCarthy's time as coach is beyond me.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This loss stings because the chance to play for a SB is rare. It's the squandering that makes it hard to take. Packers can be counted on to win 10 or more games in a season with Rodgers but more often than not they fail to play for 4 quarters in the playoffs and waste scarce chances. The Packers won't get over this game easily. They were the better team today. If you can't win when you are the better team then what? This team has learned the hard way that they can choke away the best of opportunities. Wilson threw 5 Interceptions and the Packers still lost!!!

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been through the '07/'08 season and that let down. I've been through the 15-1-done debauchle. I've gone through seeing Lambeau field as THE ultimate home field advantage, to a place anyone can win at. Forget what we're thinking about who to blame here. As a Cubs fan, and as someone who knows baseball and the trials and tribulations of both the Boston Redsox and the Brooklyn Dodgers as well as my Cubs I have to say that today is the FIRST time it's felt on the same level as what those other teams' fans have and do go through. YES the 80's were bad (Wasn't around for the 70's) but the 80's didn't hurt, even when in '89 Minnesota stole our playoff spot it didn't hurt. THIS hurt!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but I am going to disagree with that. Now make no lie it is disappointing, I wanted the media to eat heavy crow for giving us no respect, and I still think they should being that it took the Seahawks into OT to beat us. But I really love the overall effort our players gave out there, games like that ... well someone's going to lose and yeah I know, there's no points given for "almost", but you really have to be proud of the guys, just like Mike McCarthy is. Idk, I guess maybe just because nobody really expected us to play as well as we did, it just doesn't seem as bad as past losses.

I think that 2008 NFCCG was far worse, that one not only should've been won, but the way that unfolded when our team was expected to win and with as high hopes as I had for Brett leaving us with one more SB win was the worst I think. At least to me, expectations were much higher on us. The game in Philly in 2004 too was ... well if not a stinger at least by far still the most aggravating game in Packer history, though I guess our 2010 playoff win in their house helped make that come to pass a little.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the 2nd or 3rd worst loss of memory for me. 07 season and 97 SB season get the edge, but man this is brutal! You know you had a dozen opportunities to finish them (Mortal Kombat voice) but failed to do so. I blame the coaching staff on this one, you stopped playing as if the game was still being contested.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry but I am going to disagree with that. Now make no lie it is disappointing, I wanted the media to eat heavy crow for giving us no respect, and I still think they should being that it took the Seahawks into OT to beat us. But I really love the overall effort our players gave out there, games like that ... well someone's going to lose and yeah I know, there's no points given for "almost", but you really have to be proud of the guys, just like Mike McCarthy is. Idk, I guess maybe just because nobody really expected us to play as well as we did, it just doesn't seem as bad as past losses.

I think that 2008 NFCCG was far worse, that one not only should've been won, but the way that unfolded when our team was expected to win and with as high hopes as I had for Brett leaving us with one more SB win was the worst I think. At least to me, expectations were much higher on us. The game in Philly in 2004 too was ... well if not a stinger at least by far still the most aggravating game in Packer history, though I guess our 2010 playoff win in their house helped make that come to pass a little.

The 08 NFCCG we dident have like 5 shots to put it away and Favre being Favre cost us per usual. This hurts because we were right there to end it. Had we got 1 more 1st down or got an onside kick or something.

Also in 08 we dident squander a 12 pt lead with 3 min left.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy's Packers will never have a killer instinct. Especially coming out of the half. Always have and always will be a horrible second half team under Mike McCarthy.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy's Packers will never have a killer instinct. Especially coming out of the half. Always have and always will be a horrible second half team under Mike McCarthy.

Not saying you're wrong.

I'd be interested to see the case / stats for your statement. I'd also be interested in understanding why this team never begins a season hot. Every year it seems like they get off to a slow start. I'm not complaining about that necessarily because as we know...getting hot at the end of the year is much more important. But I can't help be slightly concerned about these kinds of trends.

Last edited:

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
We'll be fine. We'll have another 10+ win season next season as long as #12 stays healthy.

I agree. However, it's getting tiresome to win 10+ games and do nothing in the playoffs, and with what many consider the best player at the most important position in football.

I'm not gonna be dumb enough to say making it to the nfc championship wasn't a huge accomplishment. But this team was in a position to something really special. Theres a team in the afc with a quarterback and coach who seem to have capitalized on their opportunities whenever they get them. Not saying i'd take brady over rodgers...and I'm not blaming rodgers either. But the Pack has got to take advantage of these opportunities. Cause there will come a day when we won't make the playoffs every year.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So my haters don't run off at the mouth I'll say it now, the Packers will make the playoffs next yr and get beat in the playoffs. Save this comment idc. After what I witnessed today I just can't trust this team. So instead of it being a 50/50 split of my finances, time, energy, and emotion it's now going to be 60/40 tilt in favor of My Buckeyes who actually shut their naysayers up and perform in big games. Goodbye NFL Sunday ticket I'll save my 100+ dollars next yr.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So my haters don't run off at the mouth I'll say it now, the Packers will make the playoffs next yr and get beat in the playoffs. Save this comment idc. .

Run off at the mouth? You made the comment, and got called out on it...But you want to try and deflect it to the haters running "their"mouth?

smh

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tired of getting put out the playoffs like this.

I've gotten used to it sad to say. Winning the NFC North has become the SB for this organization. I still watch highlights of the 2010 season and thank the good Lord that Rodgers at least got a ring because he may not get another one and that's a fair statement.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I've gotten used to it sad to say. Winning the NFC North has become the SB for this organization. I still watch highlights of the 2010 season and thank the good Lord that Rodgers at least got a ring because he may not get another one and that's a fair statement.

Next season they will bounce back great from this mess. We still got the pices in place to make a run for the SB. Haha Clinton Dix played amazing today maybe sides that 2pt play but he made INTs.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutted! Absolutely gutted after that 4th quarter. But, the Pack will be back next season and there is always a chance of redemption. They gave us a hell of a season this year - but sadly it wasn't to be.

Members online

Latest posts