This offense could really use a Hill/Watkins/etc type

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly agree that the Packers should acquire some speed and YAC ability, but I would also point out that Sammy Watkins, whose name is in this thread's title, has been a mega bust for the Chiefs.

KC is far more likely to cut him after this season than they are to let Hardman get away.
Megabust on Sammy Watkins? I thought he was playing well.

He has the most receptions for the Chiefs for a WR. With Kelce, Hill, and DeMarcus Robinson that is a quality options. Not too mention McCoy is a great RB receiving the ball. Mahommes Is known to spread the ball around. So I think his numbers look good.

I get if he isn't performing up to his contract, $16M, but a bust?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Megabust on Sammy Watkins? I thought he was playing well.

He has the most receptions for the Chiefs for a WR. With Kelce, Hill, and DeMarcus Robinson that is a quality options. Not too mention McCoy is a great RB receiving the ball. Mahommes Is known to spread the ball around. So I think his numbers look good.

I get if he isn't performing up to his contract, $16M, but a bust?

His average salary figure, 16M as you mention, is good for 9th at the position. When he signed it before last season, it was 4th.

In 14 games last year, he came up with 40/519/3 at 13 YPR with arguably the best QB play in the league.

This year, through 9 games, he has come up with 42/538/3 at 13 YPR despite the fact that Tyreek Hill has missed a ton of time. And a huge chunk of his production came in one game. He opened the year with 9/198/3 in a blow-out win over the Jaguars. In the 8 other games, he has 33/340/0 (10 YPR).

So in 2018, as the 4th highest paid receiver, he was 93rd in receptions, 86th in yards, and tied for 91st in touchdowns.

And in 2019, as the 9th highest paid receiver, he's 42nd in receptions, 39th in yards, and 43rd in touchdowns.

And all of this in basically the perfect situation for a WR (excellent offense, excellent coach, excellent QB, etc.).

"Megabust" isn't a technical term with strict parameters, but the above fits the description in my book. Elite money for replacement level production with basically no mitigating factors.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts