1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This is who we need to draft

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by Vrill, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +226
    If we go Safety in round 1, I want Ahmad Dixon.

2. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +831
    The guy sure knows how to tackle and lay some wood. I like what I am seeing.

The safety I fear the most is Jimmy Ward out of NIU...that defense was atrocious this year.....in the MAC. I don't care what he did at the SR. bowl.

3. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +226
    He could be our "Kam Chancellor"

Hes very physical and loves to hit and tackle.

4. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +615
    Huh, safeties are allowed to tackle offensive players. Who knew?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,759
    He would sure bring some needed 'attitude'. He would probably be there in the 3rd round. His down side is that he has let emotion take over and he takes shots at players heads. He was ejected from the TCU game and suspended from another game. I think I am pulling for Buccannon in the 2nd or Haha/Pryor in the first.

6. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    I'm definitely big on Dixon, but not in the first round. Wasted pick. Granted, it's early and his draft stock could hugely improve in the next few months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    Dixon is rated on most boards as 3rd round pick. I wonder if part of the reason he's rated behind some others at the position is because of his suspension for targeting. I wouldn't argue if the Packers took him in round 3.

8. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +302
    Does he have 1st round talent because that'd be all that mattered to me if I were Ted. Character issues aside can this kid play in the NFL? Personally I want a guy with some attitude on this defense, it's exactly what we need.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    Except Kam Chancellor dwarfs Dixon. Kam is 6'3" 232 lbs. That's what's so scary about him. I really wish our secondary was as big as Seattle's, especially with how tall the Bears receivers and Calvin Johnson are.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    yeah, I agree. I have said the SAME THING a couple times.... yet I get shot down and told that 5'10" is perfectly fine to up against the likes of megatron, marshall, jeffries..... yeah, well.....they have OWNED our weak lame secondary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    I agree. We need guys that can handle these guys without getting slapped around like children. Seattle's size was mainly what made me nervous playing against their secondary. They hit the nail on the head with that plan.

12. fritothedog

fritothedog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Dixon is not first round talent. He is good. He could be great. But don't waste the first round pick on him, get him later. He has a reputation of being a thug (I went to Oklahoma State and thoroughly enjoyed the thrashing we delivered to Baylor this year because of the whole team's thug reputation).

That said, he would bring physicality and attitude to the secondary.

13. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Ewww. That coverage... Besides, I'll stand firm that what we need is not Kam Chancellor, but rather Earl Thomas.

• Agree Agree x 1