This is when it's great to be a Packer fan...

V

Vikeman

A team filled with history with a very large fanbase that expands the entire country. The Pack would never have to worry about this.

What can I say, I am embarrassed as a Vikings fan today. 6500 tickets remain and still no sellout. I know the econonmy is bad, and I know the Vikings didn't know whether or not they were making the playoffs until the end of week 17, and I consider both of those reasons....but to not be sold out by Friday is embarassing. I think this team has given all the abuse alot of former Viking fans can take in it's 50 year existance...which till this day causes a void i with the Vikings fanbase. If the Vikings would have won one of those bowls, they would have created a larger fanbase from it's inception.

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I hate the Vikings, I hate that this is the case for your team this wild card playoff weekend Vikeman. Nonetheless, good luck and I hope they represent the NFC North well.

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is one of the things I love about Packer nation.

I watched a few games last week, where the teams were actually playing for something, and there were empty seats.

While at the same time, the Lions/Packer game was still packed to the edge.

Got to love being a Packer fan.

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not selling out a home playoff game is just another step toward your team moving elsewhere. Maybe the NFL should go back to 3 divisions per conference and contract to 30 teams. St Louis, Arizona, Buffalo, Minnesota, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, New Orleans, Houston, Jacksonville, and to a lesser extent San Diego and Baltimore can all barely support an NFL franchise. Right now, Toronto is the only city that wants a team and could support one (I know everyone says LA, but LA has the same problem as San Diego... there's too much else to do and the citizens have no roots in the city; a majority of them come from other NFL cities and support their original teams). Plus, we've proven that no matter what the draft and free agency do, a lot of teams just cannot compete. A lot of it is bad management, but there also is probably not enough talent to go around.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UncleMeat said:
Right now, Toronto is the only city that wants a team and could support one (I know everyone says LA, but LA has the same problem as San Diego... there's too much else to do and the citizens have no roots in the city; a majority of them come from other NFL cities and support their original teams).

I wasn't aware of any NFL teams in Mexico.

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
UncleMeat said:
Right now, Toronto is the only city that wants a team and could support one (I know everyone says LA, but LA has the same problem as San Diego... there's too much else to do and the citizens have no roots in the city; a majority of them come from other NFL cities and support their original teams).

I wasn't aware of any NFL teams in Mexico.

They're all Cowboys fans...

V

Vikeman

The Vikings moving would do nothing but deflate the NFL markets in that area. The rivalries are old and dug in. I would stop being a fan NFL...and I played football till I graduated college...so it would hurt.

Never the less...the team is cursed...All those years and the only thing you have to be proud of is a pre-superbowl NFL championship and some HOF's is sad. S-A-D

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a former LA guy...born, bred, and raised---and I LIVE in San Diego. I hate to break the news to you...but there are TWO teams that LA really roots for: USC and the Raiders. Doesn't matter that the Raiders play in Oakland...when they were in SoCal, they OWNED that town. Right now, due to the LACK of an NFL team...it's all about USC. But trust me...there are still a crapload of Raiders fans...all loyal...that live in LA. And here in San Diego...this town has really come out for the Chargers. Make no mistake---there's a love in San Diego for the Chargers---it's just the stupid issue with the Stadium that divides the city government from Alex Spanos. People really have to get over this misnomer that no one would support a sports team out here because there's "Too much to do". It's hogwash. I do fall into the category of being from California, but being a huge Packers fan...but don't think for a minute that there aren't fans out here who are fairweather and don't support the local teams---they all do. It's just easy for anyone that's never been here to make that assumption.

gman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the viking those purple !#%& eaters drive me crazy. It doesn't surprise me that the vikings don't sell out!

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Vikeman ...

maybe you can answer this question ... How did the viks accomplish having such great run D this season?

Their pass D wasnt too bad either

V

Vikeman

Dulak said:
Hey Vikeman ...

maybe you can answer this question ... How did the viks accomplish having such great run D this season?

Their pass D wasnt too bad either

There personell is what did for them. That front 4 is hard to move and the linebackers tackle well. Having winfield (best tackling CB in the NFL) doesn't hurt. It would have been better had we not lost EJ Henderson.

There always one step away, one QB away, or one wideout away, or one running back or missed field goal away from finishing the season on top. I think they will get it within the next 3 years though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts