This is what's.."going on out there"...(unfortunately)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
from some Chat program....

Jeff, Minneapolis: Chris, you've mentioned in an article and in this chat tonight about the Packers possibly facing a problem with how others outside the organization perceive them. I know that as a Packers fan in the Twin Cities I open the newspaper every day and find that some Twin Cities reporter cackling over the fact that the Vikings are using their salary cap space while the Packers are spending nothing. Have you seen a perception that the Packers are a mismanaged mess growing throughout the NFL, or is it still limited to disgruntled former players and nutty Vikings fans?

ch: The fallout from Javon Walker's comments, on the heels of Mike McKenzie's comments, and Brett Favre's indecision because he questions how good the Packers might be this year is a lot of stuff. If the perception is that the Packers aren't going to spend money and that they aren't player friendly - EVEN IF IT ISN'T TRUE - it still is very damaging. If free agents are saying no to the Packers without hearing the sales pitch that's a major problem. Ron Wolf said that one of the most important things he did when he arrived here was to begin changing the perception of Green Bay around the league. He said that was instrumental and essential to their success. Ted Thompson may have a similar challenge to deal with. Wolf had Holmgren, White and Favre to help change that perception. Thompson has $20 plus million under the salary cap and the upcoming draft. I wish him luck.

and this...

John Everding, Aurora, Co: Hello Chris- I am going to try and not be negative about our free agency activity thus far, but being a team with a whole bunch of dollars, it does not seem like we want to spend any. I guess we will get involved when there is nothing but mediocrity left. This team has the potential of being worse than last year unless we do something to improve all of our weaknesses. What are your initial thoughts on what is going on???

ch: I think the Packers are in trouble of being worse - if that's possible, and sadly, it is - than they were last year. It could happen, especially if No. 4 is gone and Mario Williams is gone by No. 5 and the Packers do nothing to improve the defense and Ryan Pickett and Grady Jackson sign elsewhere and Javon Walker holds out and Terrence Murphy doesn't come back from his injury and Ahman Green is never the same after his injury. You can't say I'm not optimistic.

Paul, Sacramento, CA: Chris, How bitter do you think F.A.'s like Longwell, Ruegamer, Davenport, Flanagan, and Grady will be if over the 30 million dollar scrooge GM, Thompson. It seems to me you can understand when your team is stuck against the cap, but when you have 30 million to spend, bitter feelings will seep into the locker room. How can that be productive for winning?

ch: That definitely is a problem. Longwell's gone, and Flanagan and Davenport and Jackson probably will be gone, too. So they won't be a problem, but guys that come back this year may not be too happy with everything that's transpired.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like everything else........everyone has an opinion. I'd rather have them be careful then spend like a drunkin sailor. What might be going on behind the scenes that these experts don't see is what i wonder. I'm not willing to throw TT or MM to the wolves yet. Give them a chance. If by season's start things are a mess, THEN jump on them.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers won the Super Bowl this year. The biggest spenders in free agency have been the Minnesota Vikings and Washington Redskins.

Perhaps there's less correlation between spending outrageous sums on overpriced free agents and winning the Super Bowl than most think.

The Steelers won the Super Bowl with....surprise! a sound running game, an effective QB, and stout defense. It hasn't changed since the league was formed.

All the rest of this blather is pure B.S.

Does anyone on this board think the Minnesota "Love Boat" Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl this year?

They couldn't beat the Bears, and I don't think they will again this year.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You mean they "stole" the SB...or rather..had it handed to them by a horrible officiating crew....

Seattle was the better team that day....

(and as I recall...the QB was not very "effective"...)

I highly doubt that the "Stealers" will even get close this year.....net...

(Yet Favre could get the Packers there...if they'd just give him some god-d*** talent around him!) I'm sorry...as much as you'd like it to be true net....Rothlisberger is NOT better than Favre!

The Vickies may not make it to the SB..but it would sure suck if they "sweep" and embarrass the Pack this year..!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, Ryan......poor, poor Ryan. When did something have to actually be stated by someone for 66 to throw it back in their face. Just connect the imaginary dots and.....voila...instant antagonism!

Must be amazing going through life with clairvoyant powers, 66. Tell me, what am I thinking right now?

Get ahead of the curve, my man!!

"The Hoff" would be sadly disappointed by your lack of perception of this situation. Somewhere in Germany, he hangs his head knowing his #1 fan has let him down! There may be a song in this one.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs....did you say "voila" on a football forum?

Ryan...is this legal? It may be the first time it has ever been used here. Hell, I bet most people on this baord want to know what a vo-I- la is!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, DP...noticed you referred to yourself in third person as the headline for your free agent post. Nice................LOL

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Ryan...is this legal? It may be the first time it has ever been used here. Hell, I bet most people on this baord want to know what a vo-I- la is!

believe it or not, depack - all of us are not uneducated, unintelligent idiots on this board. i'm going to assume you are making an attempt at humor with this post - am i right? :shrug:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
DePack said:

believe it or not, depack - all of us are not uneducated, unintelligent idiots on this board. i'm going to assume you are making an attempt at humor with this post - am i right? :shrug:

(heavy sigh) yeah (heavy sigh)

Sorry , it was SUPPOSED to be a facetious slight on the dumb jock football players...extended to the football fans. Get it! (heavy sigh) I guess if I have to explain it........it loses it's humor (heavy sigh).!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:

Sorry , it was SUPPOSED to be a facetious slight on the dumb jock football players...extended to the football fans. Get it! (heavy sigh) I guess if I have to explain it........it loses it's humor (heavy sigh).!

Don't like being in the other shoe do ya. Perhaps you will be more understanding before you flip out insults :)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Don't like being in the other shoe do ya. Perhaps you will be more understanding before you flip out insults :)

I don't believe I have ever insulted anyone on this forum...........to their face :oops:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good to know, depack. just felt the need for a bit of clarification. there have been alot of insults flying lately & while it has made for some interesting banter, quite honestly i'm getting bored with it. :cane:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

I don't believe I have ever insulted anyone on this forum...........to their face :oops:

lol

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Right here is where everyone uploads personal photos w/ "oh yeah?" underneath....

Members online

Latest posts