This is so awesome, wish i lived in Green Bay

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/07/13/favre.rally.ap/index.html

Nearly 200 fans stump at Lambeau for Favre's return as starting QB

Story Highlights

* The crowd -- many wearing No. 4 jerseys -- chanted, "We want Brett"
* Ted Thompson says Favre can rejoin the team from retirement

Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font
NFL Team Page
ADVERTISEMENT
Click here to find out more!

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- About 200 people rallied outside Lambeau Field on Sunday to pressure the Packers into reinstating Brett Favre as the team's starting quarterback.

The crowd -- many wearing No. 4 jerseys -- chanted, "We want Brett" and carried signs reading, "Favre for President."

Adam and Erick Rolfson organized the rally. They plan to hold another Monday night in the Milwaukee area and then every Sunday until the team reinstates Favre.

They have started a Web site, http://www.bringbackbrettfavre.com where fans can vote on what the Packers should do.

General Manager Ted Thompson says Favre can rejoin the team from retirement but would have to be a backup. Favre wants an unconditional release from his contract, something Thompson says he won't allow.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, 200 people thats amazing. That's most of America isn't it. All that says is the people of Green Bay are smarter than that rally.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's one of those scam sites that have you give out too much info. No way.

Other than that Thompson did not say Brett could return as a back up. Geeze.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and as far as 200 people showing up. That says it all to me. If I was Brett Favre and only 200 people showed up on a Sunday afternoon with no other major sporting events transpiring, I would immediately hold a press conference to say I was staying retired.

there are well over 100,000 people in Green Bay. over 5 million in Wisconsin, and 200 people showed up. Curlys Pub probably served more than 200 people for lunch today. This is not a news story. Its a fiction peice trying to divide the Packer Nation. but its ok, because i know where the people with intelligence stand and I'm on that side.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and as far as 200 people showing up. That says it all to me. If I was Brett Favre and only 200 people showed up on a Sunday afternoon with no other major sporting events transpiring, I would immediately hold a press conference to say I was staying retired.

there are well over 100,000 people in Green Bay. over 5 million in Wisconsin, and 200 people showed up. Curlys Pub probably served more than 200 people for lunch today. This is not a news story. Its a fiction peice trying to divide the Packer Nation. but its ok, because i know where the people with intelligence stand and I'm on that side.

Are you kidding....How many people showed up for the TT rally........The Answer is 0. So to recap Brett 200, Ted 0

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And De_Real. The brothers that formed this rally just got thier site, announcing it, up yesterday. The good news this is the first of several rallies planned.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT doesn't need a rally. BOYCOTT the "rallies". Don't embarrass yourselves.

This is just two dudes trying to make the news.

As a preacher once told me ... move it along now, nothing to see here.

Nothing at all.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Are you kidding....How many people showed up for the TT rally........The Answer is 0. So to recap Brett 200, Ted 0

Come on now. Thompson doesn't need a rally since he's the one running the organization's moves. In other words he'll be in Green Bay through next year baring some strange circumstance. I don't think anyone is going to be attending rallies for a teams GM.

Do you really think this is going too help at all? I live in Green Bay and so far nothing has come of this. Point blank. The city hasn't made this out to be a big deal. Then again I'll check the news at 10.

Oh and as long as nobody does anything stupid they might as well go for it. I just don't want to hear about Packer fans getting into fights at rallies or anything.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Packnic said:

Come on now. Thompson doesn't need a rally since he's the one running the organization's moves. In other words he'll be in Green Bay through next year baring some strange circumstance. I don't think anyone is going to be attending rallies for a teams GM.

Do you really think this is going too help at all? I live in Green Bay and so far nothing has come of this. Point blank. The city hasn't made this out to be a big deal. Then again I'll check the news at 10.

Oh and as long as nobody does anything stupid they might as well go for it. I just don't want to hear about Packer fans getting into fights at rallies or anything.

Strange circumstance: Favre doesnt come back, Rodgers gets hurt, Brohm leads the previous years promising team to 3-13, Thompson gone.

None of those sounds that strange.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
dd80forever said:
Packnic said:

Strange circumstance: Favre doesnt come back, Rodgers gets hurt, Brohm leads the previous years promising team to 3-13, Thompson gone.

None of those sounds that strange.

Weren't you on here last year saying 3-13 or something like that? Maybe I got you confused with someone else.

None the less I think Thompson and McCarthy would remain in Green Bay following the year you described. Aaron Rodgers got hurt. That's one reason and I simply don't see a change happening following one season minus Favre.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Packnic said:

I'm not saying it's changing a thing, but if they feel that it might let thier voice be heard, more power to them.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

who would go to a rally for a GM anyway?

i'd go to a Packer rally in a heartbeat though.

I don't even think I'd go to a GM rally. I just expect these people to, um, do their jobs. MM and TT and the Scouts do theirs very well, so I support them, but I likely won't attend a rally in their honor.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, I find true Irony here. People rally to get thier voice heard then are called Morons by some guy on an Internet Message Board? Arghhhhh, do people think before posting? No Offense but C'mon.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, I find true Irony here. People rally to get thier voice heard then are called Morons by some guy on an Internet Message Board?

I have to admit that had me laughing out loud. Talk about a pot calling a kettle black. :lol:

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rally because of Fuel Prices, Abortion, the cost of peanuts in Brazil. Rally for one person on a professional sports team. I mean were not talking about apartied. Wait a sec The PACKERS WONT RELEASE FAVRE MAYBE IT IS AKIN TO DESMON TUTU. I mean come'on I like Favre and wont be P'oed if he is back but I wont rally for a professional sports figure who just told me by his agents little letter. I dont want to play for you cause you didnt bow down and kiss my ring.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts