This is not good

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/mar05/309034.asp

The above has an article where Sharper says one of the reasons he signed with the Vikings was the Viking position coach he could talk to and he couldn't talk to Sherman. He signed for less than what GB had to pay him,why wouldn't he take a cut to that amount? Would GB have paid that much? Did he give them that chance?

This situation, along with Mac refusing to play for Sherman, Edwards signing for LESS money with Fish, and the ex-coache's(I forget his name)comments that Sherman wouldn't listen to their input, are not good.

Hopefully now that Sherman does not have the GM responsibilities he will establish a better rapport with his coaches and players.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then he is gone!! You may compete for the North title, MAY but I don't think you will win it and you will have trouble making the playoffs. If you get in you will probably get knocked out in the first round. Now, it is early and you can improve your team but you lost so much that I don't think you are going to be as good as you were last year. And you have the Bears improving, the Lions will be better too. The Vikes have gotten better, I know we lost the best WR ever, but we will be ok on O. The improvement has come on D. We got Nap. Harris who is not even close to being worth the Moss trade but he is a big upgrade from what we had. Smoot is a very good corner and an upgrade there. Pat Williams is a good DT and another upgrade. Now these guys aren't all pros but they do make a significant upgrade to our D as a whole. Taylor is going to be good so I think we improved over Campbell, and with Kleinsasser and Rosenthall back our O we won't be as good witout Moss but we will be in the top 10. I say the North title goes to, and it is early; teams can significantly improve through the draft and FA, The Vikings 9-7, then Lions,Pack 8-8, Bears 7-9. another close division race. GB will miss the playoffs next year because they will lose a tie breaker.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man - this is just desperation talking (Vikings fan)......

Everyone has (it seems) already written off any viable good that one Jim Bates might accomplish... I wonder why everyone is so quick to do that?

Darren is allowed his opinion - just as I've had MY opinion on his playing ability and whether he's pulled his own Randy (I wanna play when I wanna) Moss routine out there on the FT.... No one will ever know for sure - but 4th & 26 is something even Vikings fans had better never forget.... since he was a very, very integral art of defending that play ...."in a playoff game" ...to boot! Will he (again) or won't he.....? A very good question, to be sure! Darren may impose some innuendo about not wanting to bother with giving Bates a chance - that would be "his" mistake as I see it. One he will rue..... The Vikings may say he has the starting spot at FS - but like all teams, he still 'has to earn it'...

As for Sherman? I would think that TT is taking plenty of crib notes as we progress into this new season. Wouldn't you think so?

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think the Pack will dump Sherman at the end of the season if they are 10-6 or better. Who else is a proven winner that's out there? A bunch of re-treads that couldn't cut it somewhere else and some assistant coaches who may or may not be good. Sherm has one of the best winning percentages in the NFL since he has been there. It is hard to replace a good coach. Look at San Fran after Mooch left. They suck now. (I know they got rid of Garcia and Owens because of their attitude, but Mooch held that together while he was there)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/mar05/309034.asp

The above has an article where Sharper says one of the reasons he signed with the Vikings was the Viking position coach he could talk to and he couldn't talk to Sherman. He signed for less than what GB had to pay him,why wouldn't he take a cut to that amount? Would GB have paid that much? Did he give them that chance?

This situation, along with Mac refusing to play for Sherman, Edwards signing for LESS money with Fish, and the ex-coache's(I forget his name)comments that Sherman wouldn't listen to their input, are not good.

Hopefully now that Sherman does not have the GM responsibilities he will establish a better rapport with his coaches and players.

Sharper signed with the Vikings for less than he was scheduled to make under his at the time current contract. The Packers offered I believe 2 million a year where as the Vikings offered him 3 plus a lot of guaranteed money.

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D should be better this year. We were 27th last year and now we have a proven coach, we have to be better. We had a lot of young players last year,they have to get better. We're going to sign some players and draft some FA players to get better. The D was bad last year there is hardly any way but up.

We have all our skill players back on O. Luckily the position we need to fill on left and right is usually on of the easiest to fill. Brett is back. The offense should be as good or better than last.

I think we'll be OK. We may even surprise. :shock:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's proven that Sherman turns a blind eye to those that don't dance the proper corporate shuffle ---- then maybe TT has a real connundrum(sp) on his hands... But then, his ACE in the hole is Bates - Everyone is seeing it... More so to the point - maybe it was TT that had a bigger hand with Jim-bo headin' our way that with a three time SB winner in the Pats.

Personally - I think we have almost all the chess pieces in place...!
Them Vikings better not get tooo cocky- like they did in each of the last two years... imitatin' Jerry Jones' Dallas brigade is bad for your winner's percentage... and screamin' at the refs is just plain chicken-$hit.... just get out there and play the game.... while you're at it - build a new stadium will ya .....jeeez! For cry - iy - iy!

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Sherman came here I really,really wanted him to work out,him being a Packer fan growing up and all. But the longer he's here and the more I learn about him the less I like him. :x

Rhino58

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
When Sherman came here I really,really wanted him to work out,him being a Packer fan growing up and all. But the longer he's here and the more I learn about him the less I like him. :x

I'm with you!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton10 said:
I say the North title goes to, and it is early; teams can significantly improve through the draft and FA, The Vikings 9-7, then Lions,Pack 8-8, Bears 7-9. another close division race. GB will miss the playoffs next year because they will lose a tie breaker.

pack 8-8? sounds like every vikings fans wet dream :lol: :lol: :lol:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't mind seeing Sharper continue to take bad angles, fill the wrong holes on running plays, miss tackles, and be unable to stay healthy with the Vikings.

When Sharper missed 3 games last season with an injury, the Packers went 3-0 with Jue as their starter. The Packers were 7-7 with Sharper as their starting safety last season if you include the playoff loss.

Addition by subtraction in my opinion. I think we'd be better served with an average safety who carried out his assignments than by a gambling Sharper who was either boom or bust with his play the last couple of years.

Members online

Latest posts