1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

This is getting ridiculous now

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dantastic, Dec 4, 2012.

1. dantastic

dantastic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
  2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  3. dantastic

dantastic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    Just hoping that Starks can come back somehow. Who do you pull out
    of the dumpster at this point? DeShawn Wynn? SMH.

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Former Packers:
    Kregg Lumpkin
    Tyrell Sutton
    Ryan Grant
    Dimitri Nance
    Marc Tyler

Tim Hightower
    Joseph Addai

Those 2 are available I am pretty sure.

Not sure about: Jerious Norwood, Chester Taylor, Cadillac Williams.

Steve Slaton, Maurice Morris....Lorenzo Booker, Curtis Brinkley, Rock Cartwright, John Clay, Michael Hayes, Davin Meggett,

Here's a guy I liked in the draft that has ended up on St Louis: http://www.nfl.com/player/terranceganaway/2532984/profile

5. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Are you really surprised that Starks is injured? Yes it's getting ridiculous with the amount of injuries but come on Starks is Mr. Glass.

To the above poster. Addai apparently quit during his conditioning test in New England. That should set off some red flags right away.

Hightower is decent.

I also suggested before the season going after Thomas Jones. Yes he's a bit old but he's always in shape and is always productive and would probably be cheap

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    Just when we thought we started to develop a semblance of a running game. Boom. Add another injury to the list. Is this team cursed? We just went through a 2010 season in which we suffered an inordinate number of injuries. Don't we get to have a few years with relatively few injuries?!

The post title is perfect, except for one minor, necessary addition: This is Getting F***ing Ridiculous!

7. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109
    we need somebody. If TT doesn't sign someone yesterday he is just an idiot. This is not a 'next man up' thing. The #2 seed could be ours with a little help.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Hightower tore his ACL last year in Washington after looking great in preseason.
    Starks deserves no blame for this by the way. It was, ANOTHER, cheap puzzy low hit into his knee.
    And he PLAYED and carried the ball a few times after the injury... because he's tough.
    Nobody can help it if someone hits their ACL, MCL, PCL and it tears. The fact that he kept playing after it to finish the game earns mad praise for me.

But I do want to find this "Injury God" and........

9. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,400
    TT is an idiot if he doesn't sign someone yesterday? Where is he supposed to pull this magical #2 seed saving RB out of? It is Week 14. There aren't too many good running backs sitting at home on their couches.

Yes there are a couple "name" guys they could go after -- Grant, Hightower, etc. But there's reasons there's 31 other teams that won't give them jobs.

They will do their due diligence, I promise you. The scouts are no doubt going over practice squads, and TT will eventually determine whether that's a good option, or signing a FA is a good option, or maybe White or Harris is asked to pick up the slack. He isn't going to just sign a big name from 2008 to appease the masses.

10. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    So much for the resurgence of our running game. Starks was running better than Green was.

11. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    Whatever TT does - if anything - do NOT sign Grant. The fact he's brought up is only because people recognize his name. At this point, the best option might be a guy on some team's practice squad that simply isn't given the opportunity. Otherwise, a street free agent can't possibly be that promising considering it's week 14. Ugh. So frustrating.

12. ro.ke

ro.ke Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    This is VERY frustrating news right now. We barely had a running game as it is. What to do now?

13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,400
    Man, oh, man.

The Starks/Green fresh legs/change of pace idea had a chance of being good enough.

Green just can't go it alone. Next man up...DuJuan Harris :eek: or John Kuhn. :confused:

14. ro.ke

ro.ke Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Well, maybe, just maybe Kuhm can give them a few options

15. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +219
    Put Cobb in the backfield with 4 wide to spell Green. Problem solved...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    We still have that young guy we picked up from buffalo, Johnny white, who is basically unproven. He should be recovered from his concussion that he got during a practice many weeks ago. Maybe we finally get a look at him???????

17. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    This isn't fair I'm bout to cry in my cubicle. Fortunately Green had a decent game against the vikes so maybe he can carry that confidence into the next few games.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Green has to much tunnel vision and runs into the backs of his own damn linemen. I have seen enough of his 2 yard carries......

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Me too but he had arguably his best game last week. Starks has a better yards per carry by only 0.3 yards.

But we really have no other choice with our current roster. And I can't see Mcarthy lining Cobb up at RB consistently.

20. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Ponder just got engaged. Distractions distractions

21. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,009
    SMH this is so sad that it happens when we are getting some kinda run game established. People are down on Ryan Grant but you know what? he knows the system and he's been here before so bring his butt back. Look, now is not the time for TT to sit on his hands, Green is not a feature type back and we need to be able to continue to run the ball. The important thing is we have everything ahead of us and could get homefield and a bye!! that's what's at stake. We cannot and i repeat cannot enter the playoffs with Kuhn and Green as our featured backs. CANNOT

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Starks runs too upright and his style makes him susceptible to injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,009
    Exactly. I pointed this out a long time ago that it was going to be hard for him to stay healthy because of how high he runs. This will be his last year as a Packer IMO.

24. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    I can almost guarantee that Harris and not White will be the guy to share snaps with Green this week. Kuhn is awesome being Kuhn but he sucks running the ball unless the other team is caught off guard and there is a hole.

I'm not worried about Sunday but I am very worried about the game @ Chicago. You can run on the bears but you have to be exceptional at not giving up the ball when they employ the constant non-football move ball punch BS. I would therefore employ the services of Grant because he #1 knows the plays and #2 knows how to protect against that lovie smith crap that Tillman will do all game. I would also get a body on the practice squad just so someone else can start learning the plays if they are needed. Teaching the offense and the pass protection is going to take way too long at this point in the season and that is the ONLY real reason I say Grant needs to be back in the mix.

This Harris cat might surprise a few people.
    Get to know him.

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    Meh. I don't know if anyone on the street is better than what we have now. Starks was below avg and the drop off won't be much.

But man, the losses this season are staggering