OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow 3rd?

Its probaably because of how cold it gets in winter
That and the fact that it's a really small town...

But anyway, I allways thought that money is the greatest motivator. Those players may say that, and if given equal conditions between Green Bay and Miami, it would be an obvious choice.

But if we pay more, they'll come.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No player or group of players have ever wanted to play in GB. Its the nature of the beast (as I am reading "Life After Favre") In the book, there is alot of history. And for as long as GB has been in existance, no one wanted to play there. I read that teams used to threaten players... "if you dont start playing good we will send you to Green Bay" lol. But think one reason now is because the Packers are not a flashy team, very conventional and conservative for the most part. Plus, TT only wants "Packer People" so that turns away alot of the NFL lol.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So they asked 296 players out of the 1700+ players in the NFL?

Did they only ask players from the West coast or the east coast?

Did they only ask those who want to be gang bangers and not real football players?

Pretty lame poll.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about it - do you really want a player on your team (within the context of everything that goes into a player being part of a team) that automatically excludes a destination of employment for shallow and transparent reasons?

Personally, I like the all business types of players like Al Harris and Charles Woodson that understand that one really has a fixed amount of years in his life to make an impression and good coin. Don't let adolescent reasoning retard the drive.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe word has gotten around the NFL that TT is a cheap bastard who doesn't want to pay players and is not that committed to winning football games!

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is nothing to do in Green Bay also there are no White Castle's either!

I am in Green Bay for the majority of the week and it is a very small town compared to other NFL cities.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all crap. Never believe anything from a 'radio" guy...they have the brains of mules. The sample is from a small percentage of all the players. Never forget Reggie White signed in "Siberia". Why? Cash, my friends. The problem isn't the Packers, it's Tightwad Ted, who likes to take baths in the money left over from the cap space.
Always consider this...what good is unused cap space?

bruwcruw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, Uncle Teddy doesn't sign free agents.

GB can be a boring town (unless you're a bowler) and it may seem like a horrible destination for someone that's never been a Packer but it seems like players really enjoy their time here.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, Uncle Teddy doesn't sign free agents.

GB can be a boring town (unless you're a bowler) and it may seem like a horrible destination for someone that's never been a Packer but it seems like players really enjoy their time here.
It is very easy in this area to go somewhere for some solitude in the northwoods. I am not sure how many of the people on the board here are from WI but I will post up some pics this summer of the "Northwoods"

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prolly a lot of players found out that The Big ****** Michaels is a super jerk and related his loserness to the Packers.

bruwcruw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is very easy in this area to go somewhere for some solitude in the northwoods. I am not sure how many of the people on the board here are from WI but I will post up some pics this summer of the "Northwoods"

You got that right. Areas like Crivitz, Crandon, Ironwood are beautiful and peaceful. What areas do you have pictures from?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You got that right. Areas like Crivitz, Crandon, Ironwood are beautiful and peaceful. What areas do you have pictures from?
My parents have a cottage on Lake Metonga in Crandon.

I love it.

Back on topic, if all things were equal I wouldn't want any part of Green Bay. But. All things don't have to be equal. We might have to overpay a little, but people will come here if we're paying them more. It's human nature.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole Nicolet National Forest but particularly Butternut Lake just outside of Eagle River would have to be one of my all-time favorite places to be.

Not that he really matters but didn't T.O. say "Aint a damn thing to do in Green Bay."

mtutiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how many of the players polled would be swayed if they actually played for the Packers? I mean, we possibly have one of the most loyal and dedicated fan bases, and I have to believe that many Packers players present and past enjoy that fact.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole Nicolet National Forest but particularly Butternut Lake just outside of Eagle River would have to be one of my all-time favorite places to be.

Not that he really matters but didn't T.O. say "Aint a damn thing to do in Green Bay."

I've fished Butternut lake a thousand times - grew up 8 miles to the north.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how many of the players polled would be swayed if they actually played for the Packers? I mean, we possibly have one of the most loyal and dedicated fan bases, and I have to believe that many Packers players present and past enjoy that fact.

i dont think that really matters. players want a lot of money and i dont think a loyal fanbase and cold weather would help sway them to come here

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

this one i snaped over lake hilbert in armstrong creek ^^^

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and theres me and my boy fishing in a northwoods lake ...
ohh why ,, why does winter come ...

Members online

Latest posts