This is a much better team

G0dLivesInGreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a much better team than last year's team.

Everything points to that...
1. Farve is more a discplined thrower
2. Rodger has really improved
3. The linebacking core is much better
4. Ted Thompson is doing an excellent job as GM drafting and bringing the right free agents
5. CBs are much improved
6. McCarthy is doing a better job than Sherman at coaching
7. The rookies look great esp Hodges and Jennings
8. The talent and athletic ability is much better
9. Seems like all the players are buzzing

I see the Packers competing with the Bears for the Division title. The only thing I don't like is the name of this website. It's "Packers" not "Packer".

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one got me.

4. Ted Thompson is doing an excellent job as GM drafting and bringing the right free agents

(Tromadz, why did you change your screen name?)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:

Everything points to that...
1. Farve is more a discplined thrower
2. Rodger has really improved
3. The linebacking core is much better
5. CBs are much improved
6. McCarthy is doing a better job than Sherman at coaching
7. The rookies look great esp Hodges and Jennings
8. The talent and athletic ability is much better
9. Seems like all the players are buzzing

I see the Packers competing with the Bears for the Division title. The only thing I don't like is the name of this website. It's "Packers" not "Packer".

Are you kidding me? What are these based on?

Farve more disciplined? Yeah that tends to happens when you have on a BIG RED jersey that screams "you can't hit me sucka".

Rodgers better? Same thing as Favre. Scrimmages are different than live action.

Linebackers seem to be improved? The addition of Hawk automatically makes us better so this I understand.

Ted Thompson is doing an excellent job as GM drafting and bringing the right free agents? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. THIS MAKES ME ROLL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING. Yeah Arturo Freeman was great, so was Earl Little and Matt O'Dwyer. Oh yeah and he produced 1 starter through the draft. Great job TT, Great Job!

CBs are much improved. Woodson is the only difference and he has yet to show anything outside of 1 practice.

The rookies look great esp Hodges and Jennings. Hodge will be a back-up. It's funny how everyone is raving about him. Did you see the hit he had in the backfield? Did you see AJ Cooper completely miss the block? What about the tackle he had on Gado early on? Gado FROZE in the hole because he can't seem to get down the zone blocking scheme. If that was Ahman Green Hodge wouldn't have sniffed a tackle. Jennings did not impress me either during the scrimmage. I was expecting more. Cory Rodgers looked much more ready than Jennings did IMO.

The talent and athletic ability is much better. Perhaps but you still have to play football.

Seems like all the players are buzzing. Did they tell you that while they were missing OTA's?

I love the Packers and want to feel good about this team but I just don't. The O-Line is in shambles and thats where it all starts. This team is at best probably 7-9 or 8-8.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I love the Packers and want to feel good about this team but I just don't. The O-Line is in shambles and thats where it all starts. This team is at best probably 7-9 or 8-8.

Are you sure about this? There is plenty of stuff on the field that a person can "feel good" about but I'm not sure you want to see that. I'd go into all the positives but I'd be repeating myself and my thoughts are all over this forum.

We will be better than last season due to the changes and coaching staff. Put the upcoming schedule and positives together and you will have a team contending for a playoff spot. (Note: I said contending, nothing more/nothing less.)

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
pyledriver80 said:

We will be better than last season due to the changes and coaching staff. Put the upcoming schedule and positives together and you will have a team contending for a playoff spot. (Note: I said contending, nothing more/nothing less.)

for the sake of argument, 7-9 is better than last season. the bar was set pretty low.

i think we have 5 teams on our schedule that played .500 or better (granted, 2 are in our division). what that means to me is going 7-9 would be even worse than it looks. we need to take advantage of this cheescake schedule...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some of those are really good points and yeah I think this team could easily go somewhere around 11-5 and or 10-6

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been said before but I feel deeply that the opening game vs. DaBears will dictate to a large extent the direction the team will take this year, much as it did last year. How our young team reacts to a now veteran Chi team will set the tone, for better or worse. IMO, the Pack will have to play an inspired, error free game to win it. It will also tell us a lot about the new coaching staff. Let's pray we get through the pre-season w/o serious injuries.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="G0dLivesInGreenBay" The only thing I don't like is the name of this website. It's "Packers" not "Packer".[/quote]

Packers is plural.

Packer is single.

Is Desmond Howard a former Packers? Or a former Packer?

Heretofore, as each of us are individual here on this great forum, I would say it is a Packer Forum. Packer as in "Single" fan or player.

As soon as it is named Packer"S"forum.com that would mean we are all together as one and perhaps too close.

That would also mean the possibility of Trom and Depack being one, a couple, showing love and perhaps even sleeping together.

Not a pretty sight.

packerforum.com will work for me so let's forget the "S"

R.P.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey R.P., I know there's a good chance you've heard as little as I have about it, but being a big Raiders fan I'm hoping you may know a little bit about the current status of one of your exiled.

Any idea what's going on with Kerry Collins?

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
[quote="G0dLivesInGreenBay" The only thing I don't like is the name of this website. It's "Packers" not "Packer".

Packers is plural.

Packer is single.

Is Desmond Howard a former Packers? Or a former Packer?

Heretofore, as each of us are individual here on this great forum, I would say it is a Packer Forum. Packer as in "Single" fan or player.

As soon as it is named Packer"S"forum.com that would mean we are all together as one and perhaps too close.

That would also mean the possibility of Trom and Depack being one, a couple, showing love and perhaps even sleeping together.

Not a pretty sight.

packerforum.com will work for me so let's forget the "S"

R.P.[/quote]

unless of course he's not making the plural argument and making the possesive argument. Stating this is a Packer'S forum. Then I completely see where he's coming from.

Also, when you talk about the team, you say Green Bay Packers...not Green Bay Packer, when they are announcing they say "the packers just scored", not the "Packer" just scored

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back on topic....

I noticed the thread starter mentioning little about the offensive line.

Clifton-gimpy, but good
Colledge-rookie
Wells-coming into his own
Spitz-rookie
Tauscher-always good

Three are known, two aren't. The best there is 66%.

Backfield:
Favre-HOF'er with the ability to excel or throw it away.
Green-Gimpy and losing a step
Fullback by committee
Gado-still young, but potential
Grade:75%

Tight end-
Bubba-a real question mark. Did he get his money then retire on the field?
Martin-when game time comes, he will shrink.
Lee-potentially a great player.
Grade:60%

Defense is where this team could excel, but I hope Hawk doesn't turn into A.J. Mandarich. It's still early and he works hard.
The secondary is stronger. The defensive line is stronger.
Overall, the unit finished in the top 10 last year(#1 in pass defense) but it has the potential to be even better. Pickett for Grady should be a positive. Allen will solidify the front. Kampman and KGB are solid at end, especially if they get a solid linebacker to help KGB vs. the run.
The secondary has some good veterans and youth.

The kicking game is a big question mark. If Longwell had a better year last year the Packers would have had more wins. Cundiff is the winner by default, but could be o.k. Ryan will likely win the punting job which is a step up from Sander.

Kick returning is still a problem, especially with Chatman gone. He was consistent, but not spectacular.

7-9 is realistic, but a break here or there and it's 9-7.

I think this defense is going to be better than many think it will be. If that is the case, they are in every game.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:

Ted Thompson is doing an excellent job as GM drafting and bringing the right free agents? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. THIS MAKES ME ROLL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING. Yeah Arturo Freeman was great, so was Earl Little and Matt O'Dwyer. Oh yeah and he produced 1 starter through the draft. Great job TT, Great Job!

Yeah Pyle keep dwelling on the free agents TT could sign with his inherited Sherman piggy bank. Your oblivious perception to cap reality keeps me LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:

you make me roll on the floor laughing...

Ted Thompson's two draft classes will have more of an impact than Sherman's four (or five)...Thompson has done an amazing job at getting us a lot of draft picks, giving us a look at a lot of players...We have two promising backups to Favre in Rodgers and Ingle Martin, Greg Jennings may start at wide out to open the season (honorable mention T-Murph; you cannot blame Thompson for his injury)...Guys on defense such as Mike Montgomery who contributed last year, Nick Collins is going to be a solid starter, perhaps a pro bowler at his peak, Brady Poppinga is a lightning quick situational/special teams LB who hopefully recovers 100% from his injury

Now what impressed me the most about TT's two drafts, he took the two biggest weaknesses and made them into units that could be among the top tier of the league in a year or two...Thompson gave our offensive line a boost in drafting Colledge, Spitz and Moll, he's making the unit better just by forcing them to compete for a spot...and not to mention bringing in an offensive coordinator with a blocking scheme that has yet to fail in the NFL...in '04, our defense was terrible--our LB's were the worst of that terrible defense...but Thompson brought in Roy Manning, Brady Poppinga in '05, and AJ Hawk and Abdul Hodge to complement the already established Nick Barnett

And if you're gonna argue about free agency I think everybody's forgetting our biggest free agent signing...Aaron Kampman...he is an energy player, leader by example, and will be a key part of this rebuilding defense...oh yeah and some pro bowler named Wooden?...Woodson? yeah thats it

think before you post

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, come on now hatestheeagles...the Kool-Aid in the MS camp is mighty tasty.

Check my post about the new attitude in GB. Very enlightening with regard to MS.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say they finish 11-5. Just my feeling.
I DO think Aaron Rodgers looks alot more polished then last year. But hopefully we won't need him.......yet.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dakota T,

Isn't it a shame that by Pyle's statements we can now confirm that Brett Favre is a LIAR!

That he knowingly stated against what he truely believes that this Packer team is MORE TALENTED than any other he has been on the field with.

Sorry Pyle. I think I'll go along with the outllook he has of the talent out there since he has been out there on the field with them year in, year out.

I know, I know, BF is an optimist but he still compared the talent of this team to previous teams.

And if your going to state facts than state them correctly. As of the date of this post we have Collins, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, and Jennings as probable starters from the draft. Woodson, Pickett, Allen, Manuel, and, Taylor, thru free agency.

So I don't know which ONE of these guys is the only starter you referred to. Geez, you over state things more than my wife. I didn't think that was possible.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warhawk said:"Geez, you over state things more than my wife. I didn't think that was possible."

LOLOLOL!!!! I hope she doesn't visit here!!! Or you're a dead man!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
She's a Jaguar fan. I tolerate it. I really have no choice. There are other things I enjoy beyond football.

Like......not having to sleep out in the car......... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:

Ted Thompson's two draft classes will have more of an impact than Sherman's four (or five)...Thompson has done an amazing job at getting us a lot of draft picks, giving us a look at a lot of players...We have two promising backups to Favre in Rodgers and Ingle Martin, Greg Jennings may start at wide out to open the season (honorable mention T-Murph; you cannot blame Thompson for his injury)...Guys on defense such as Mike Montgomery who contributed last year, Nick Collins is going to be a solid starter, perhaps a pro bowler at his peak, Brady Poppinga is a lightning quick situational/special teams LB who hopefully recovers 100% from his injury

Now what impressed me the most about TT's two drafts, he took the two biggest weaknesses and made them into units that could be among the top tier of the league in a year or two...Thompson gave our offensive line a boost in drafting Colledge, Spitz and Moll, he's making the unit better just by forcing them to compete for a spot...and not to mention bringing in an offensive coordinator with a blocking scheme that has yet to fail in the NFL...in '04, our defense was terrible--our LB's were the worst of that terrible defense...but Thompson brought in Roy Manning, Brady Poppinga in '05, and AJ Hawk and Abdul Hodge to complement the already established Nick Barnett

And if you're gonna argue about free agency I think everybody's forgetting our biggest free agent signing...Aaron Kampman...he is an energy player, leader by example, and will be a key part of this rebuilding defense...oh yeah and some pro bowler named Wooden?...Woodson? yeah thats it

think before you post

Think before I post? Maybe you should go back a review what you just posted.

You stated a bunch of players that TT drafted who you are glorifying on potential alone. Lets do a simple review on who you are giving TT such a high grade for.

A-Rod - Pretty sure he's not done anything yet.
Ingle Martin - A Rookie who is struggling.
Jennings - Another Rookie
T-Murph - PLEASE stop with the T-Murph was going to be great stuff. Based on what? His 5 career NFL receptions?
Montgomery - He barely saw the field. A whopping 20 tackles is hardly a contribution
Collins - The 1 Player that he actuaaly deserves credit for
Poppinga - Nothing special from him thus far
Colledge - What's he done
Spitz - Dittio
Moll - Ditto
Manning - Has done nothing
Hawk - Same Thing
Hodge - Same thing

So, just because they are on the roster and yet to show anything we can pat TT on the back for his drafting of POTENTIAL. You could go into every year in the Sherman Era stating OUR TEAM IS FULL OF POTENTIAL. Until these guys show anything they are only that. TT could have drafted Porky Pig and Bugs Bunny and you guys would state "TT drafted guys with potential" - NO shiit THEY HAVE POTENTIAL but so do all the other guys drafted in the draft. So based on your theory every NFL GM is a rocket scientist at this time. It's an ignorant argument.

And if your going to state facts than state them correctly. As of the date of this post we have Collins, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, and Jennings as probable starters from the draft. Woodson, Pickett, Allen, Manuel, and, Taylor, thru free agency.

PROBABLE? PROBABLE? Whats even funnier is you say 'if your going to state facts than state them correctly' then go on to name players who haver never started for the Packers outside of Collins. Then you name FA's. I stated his drafts have produced one starter, sorry but please read the entire post before scrambling to be TT's spokesperson.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
HatestheEagles084 said:
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:

think before you post

Think before I post? Maybe you should go back a review what you just posted.

You stated a bunch of players that TT drafted who you are glorifying on potential alone. Lets do a simple review on who you are giving TT such a high grade for.

A-Rod - Pretty sure he's not done anything yet.
Ingle Martin - A Rookie who is struggling.
Jennings - Another Rookie
T-Murph - PLEASE stop with the T-Murph was going to be great stuff. Based on what? His 5 career NFL receptions?
Montgomery - He barely saw the field. A whopping 20 tackles is hardly a contribution
Collins - The 1 Player that he actuaaly deserves credit for
Poppinga - Nothing special from him thus far
Colledge - What's he done
Spitz - Dittio
Moll - Ditto
Manning - Has done nothing
Hawk - Same Thing
Hodge - Same thing

So, just because they are on the roster and yet to show anything we can pat TT on the back for his drafting of POTENTIAL. You could go into every year in the Sherman Era stating OUR TEAM IS FULL OF POTENTIAL. Until these guys show anything they are only that. TT could have drafted Porky Pig and Bugs Bunny and you guys would state "TT drafted guys with potential" - NO shiit THEY HAVE POTENTIAL but so do all the other guys drafted in the draft. So based on your theory every NFL GM is a rocket scientist at this time. It's an ignorant argument.

PROBABLE? PROBABLE? Whats even funnier is you say 'if your going to state facts than state them correctly' then go on to name players who haver never started for the Packers outside of Collins. Then you name FA's. I stated his drafts have produced one starter, sorry but please read the entire post before scrambling to be TT's spokesperson.

What's really funny Pyle, is how many of Sherman's draft picks are starters right now. Nick Barnett and, well your Mr. Facts so you find the rest of them.

Pyle, you are right, however on the Collins is the only Thompson draft pick to start a game for the Packers. Kudos!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The drafting philosophy of TT is night and day to MS.

MS drafted athletes who seemed to dabble in football for the 3 Ps (parties, p@ssy and paycheck)....too enamored of the 40s and such, with not enough emphasis on football skills such as...oh, gosh...tackling, physicality, recognition, etc..

TT drafts football players....while the physical measurables such as the 40 mean something to him, consistent production on the field, team/conference/national recognition for performance, and leadership skills mean whole lot more.

Just look at the "type" of players TT has brought in...mean, hard, tough, physical, productive, leaders.

Yeah, night and day.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts