1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

"This is a history call... and I kicked the **** out of it."

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Jess, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I feel like the only words I have to say are Andres, Galarraga, and Joyce for you to know what I'm talking about.

Absolutely the worst call I've ever seen. Maybe in any sport. No excuse for blowing that call and costing Galarraga his perfecto. I just feel so bad for Andres, I feel so bad for Joyce because he obviously knows he ****** up and he's been man enough to admit it, and I feel bad for Tigers fans because this would've been special. Would've been the franchise's first perfecto, would've been the first Venezuelan perfecto, just a damn shame that a horrible, horrible call nullifies the whole thing.

Baseball needs instant replay. Right now.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,114
    They complain about instant replay slowing down the game... not sure if baseball can get any slower

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I hate that complaint too. Instant replay could literally only take like 30 seconds. I would just have a guy in a booth that buzzes down to the head umpire and tells them what they got wrong. If he doesn't buzz down by the next pitch, it's too late.

If they really cared about the game being too slow, they'd cut down on all the mound visits and players adjusting gloves in between pitches.

4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,021
    People are going to remember this "perfect game" by Galarraga more than any other, except Don Larson's. And the call didn't alter the outcome of the game. Really, Denkinger's call in the 85 World Series, and the call that missed Rice's fumble against us in 99 were bigger, to me, since they changed the outcome of the games.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    wow that was a sad story he was there come on the guy was out